Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sound siren 30 secs after alarm breached

hetbeest

Question

Hi all,

I just bought a HC and I'm trying to use it (amongst others) as an alarm. I've got a couple of Fibaro motion sensors and some door sensors. I created a magic scene that will sound my siren, an Aeon Labs DSD31 ZW080-C15, when the alarm gets tripped. The problem is that it will react immediately and I would like it to wait for 30 seconds before sounding. I can set it to 2 minutes in a magic scene, but that's way to long. So now for my question... How can I create a (LUA) scene that will sound the siren 30 seconds after the alarm gets tripped? And in such a way that I can stop it from (going to) sound(ing) by disarming the alarm.

Thanks for helping me out.

Evert

7 answers to this question

Hi, you better would not focus on the siren. In the advanced setting of each door or motion sensor you can set the parameter 'Sensor is armed with delay or it will trigger the alarm after some delay'.

This way, you can set it to number of seconds you would like before the sensor is triggering the siren. In between, you can still disarm.

What about the Alarm Panel? You can add actions. I created a scene which turns on the siren if alarm is still triggered after 20 seconds.

• Inquirer
  • @wpeeters Thanks, I'll have a look at that. Although what I don't like is that I have to change those settings for every single device.

@Cafun If the alarm gets triggered, I wan't the siren to sound anyhow, even if the situation seems to be safe within that 20 seconds.

• Inquirer
  • @wpeeters Easy. I changed the settings. I'll test tomorrow, after the kids are out of their beds

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been trying to do something like this tonight, but with no luck so far.. Maybe someone can help.

I bought the Aeon labs gen 5 alarm, which nowadays works in HC (v4.056). It is recognized as a on/off switch.

What Id like is to add an action to the alarm panel.. If the alarm is breached, then after 30sec the alarm should be turned on.

I can add additional actions, but that lets me select a scene..

I am perfectly fine with making a scene for this, but here is where I am lost.. As far as I know scenes work with IF-THEN statements, so I am kind of lost what I should use as the 'IF' part in such a scene..

Cafun, could you share your scene maybe as example?

THank you all

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi MaTi, Sorry I didn't see your last post before today. I hope you already have a scene by now?