Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Logitech Harmony Plugin cannot sign in

MaTi

Question

Hi,

I am trying the new Logitech Harmony Plugin, but it will not work.

After creating a new device in the plugin and entering my credentials, I see the following error when opening it:

Disconnected from account:
mail@********************.nl                     (Anonimized)
Sign In failed. Please check and retype Email ID or Password and press save button.

However, I am 100% sure my credentials are correct. I even tried them again in the official Logitech application on Windows and they work.
I am having a 'Logitech Harmony Smart Control'. I assume this is supported, right?

Any suggestion? Thank you.

Guest SPyRoX

Yep cause even if i want to setup my harmony i get an error on the harmony that the servers are having too much traffic.

And the plugin in Fibaro HC2 is still saying Authorization failed. Please retry by pressing save button.

Actually, it is noted that this is fixed in the 4.057 beta. I had issues, but since the upgrade to the beta, my Harmony hub plugin was able to get online, and it still seems to be online.

The problem was probably due to a Logitech API change, but Fibaro responded quickly and the current beta-firmware solved the problem for me. 

This post is somewhat off-topic: The orange buttons on the Harmony Home Control is to usable to anything but Hue and Insteon -devices. I would like to see these buttons echoed in the API. Then Fibaro maybe would include this in the plug-in, and make the remote controller an input device. This would have been great functionality.

​In order to achieve this you all need to send a request about to Logitech at:  [email protected]

Guest SPyRoX

I can comfirm that the plugin in the BETA version 4.057 is working

I too can confirm the Harmony plug-in allows the login to Harmony and establishes an account connection. But....it doesnt appear to do anything??

I was hopeful of being able to setup Scenes where the part of the scene would turn on the TV, turn on the AV set, set my HDMI switch to the correct channel, dim the Philips Hue light strip ..and SMS the missus in the kitchen to get me a beer. (Ok that last one wouldnt work - since she is a device that is entirely dependant on non-digital "moods") 

But surly the purpose of the plug-in is to control the digital devices setup on my Harmony? Or have I missed something?

Footnote:- I see Logitech have released a Harmony "Hub Extender" USA only at the moment but no doubt ultimately Euro and Australia. This device allows for Zwave and Zigbee control so it is feasible it should control Fibaro modules to allow scenes in the Harmony control to be created. This remains to be seen of course...but thought worth a mention in this post.

I have the 04.06.71 hub version; removed and re-installed the Harmony-plugin, no luck. Still the same "Access token request failed".

Hallo... To be sure i am thinking to order the "new" Harmony HUB has anyone experience with the fibaro plugin and this one??.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

Hallo... To be sure i am thinking to order the "new" Harmony HUB has anyone experience with the fibaro plugin and this one??.

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

I got the Logitech Harmony Elite and works pretty good with Fibaro. After adding devices and activities you will be able to turn on/off activities from fibaro. Keep in mind after adding logitech harmony hub to fibaro, you got to wait a couple of minutes before it works. 

It may also show some activities to be "ON" when it's off. I guessing this is gonna be fixed later on. 

is it possible from the remote to turn on/off lights or scenes?? 

somewhere i've read that in some market there is a zwave feature...

is it possible from the remote to turn on/off lights or scenes?? 

somewhere i've read that in some market there is a zwave feature...

Well, it's possible I guess. Only way I see that will work is making a activity on the harmony hub that does nothing and making a scene that does something when that activity is running. But if you don't use fibaro, you can buy something like Philips hue that is compatible with Logitech harmony. 

There is a way of doing it, but it is rather proof of concept than a stable solution, although it may just work fine too.

You need a Phillips Hue emulator like this one: 

Please login or register to see this link.

This will emulate that you have Phillips hue and you can add as many light bulbs as you want. The virtual Hue hub can be added to Harmony and your lights become visible. You can then automate and create a script in HC2 to call the state of Hue lights. If one light is turned on you can turn on a physical light and vise versa. Or run a scene when a light is switched off or on. I have tried it and it works but it only seems to work on port 80, so the computer you are running it on must have port 80 open

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The Hue emulator is also available through Homebridge if you have read anything about it on this forum or any other.

There is a way of doing it, but it is rather proof of concept than a stable solution, although it may just work fine too.

You need a Phillips Hue emulator like this one: 

This will emulate that you have Phillips hue and you can add as many light bulbs as you want. The virtual Hue hub can be added to Harmony and your lights become visible. You can then automate and create a script in HC2 to call the state of Hue lights. If one light is turned on you can turn on a physical light and vise versa. Or run a scene when a light is switched off or on. I have tried it and it works but it only seems to work on port 80, so the computer you are running it on must have port 80 open

/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif" alt="attachicon.gif" />

The Hue emulator is also available through Homebridge if you have read anything about it on this forum or any other.

and you should have a computer running it always on...

Honestly, I was hoping that it was possible to associate a phisical button on the remote just to a http string or something similar!

and you should have a computer running it always on...

Honestly, I was hoping that it was possible to associate a phisical button on the remote just to a http string or something similar!

I have hoped for years, still this seems to be something they have very little interest in I am afraid.