Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGD-212 Dimmer 2 / Merten Switch no Funktion

Reve

Question

After the exchange on the new dimmer it can be no longer accessible via Merten button 5052xx.

The old dimmer FIB_FGD-211 worked 100%

With the new dimmer FGD 212 an association is no longer possible.

What possibilities exist to get this Feature ?

9 answers to this question

Guest AxelS

Same here combination here. But I´m not even able to set any association on that device. 

You also have version 3.3?

Hi,

I'am experiencing the same problem with Schneider Connect wall controls (same as Merten 5052xx).

I was about to order a bunch of the new dimmers but if I can not control them with my wall controllers then it is a no go.

Anyone else with different experiece regardning Schneider/Merten wall control and Fibaro dimmer 2?

I also tried to associate the new dimmer with a NodOn soft remote, but without any luck...

Has anyone managed to associate the new dimmer 2 with a remote or wall controller/switch??

Fibaro, why is this not working? 

BTW, I'am on 4.080

Do you want to control Dimmer via remote?

Your Dimmer is added securely? If that is the case controlling it directly is possible via other securely included device.

If NodOn remote supports CC Associations/CC Multichannel Associations it should work ok if Dimmer is included in non-secure mode.
FGD-212 responds to Basic CC and Multilevel Switch CC.

Do you want to control Dimmer via remote?

Your Dimmer is added securely? If that is the case controlling it directly is possible via other securely included device.

If NodOn remote supports CC Associations/CC Multichannel Associations it should work ok if Dimmer is included in non-secure mode.

FGD-212 responds to Basic CC and Multilevel Switch CC.

Thank you Fibaro!

I probably had included the dimmer in security mode but not the wall controller and NodOn.

I removed and included the dimmer in non security mode and it worked.

/Peter

I have Merten double wall controller working with Dimmer 2.

Let me know what details you need.

• Inquirer
  • Remove the Merten switch and new including the same.

Association 1 is left side  Assosiation 3 right side.

Now the dimmer 2 enter them as Association 1 or 3, save, and now push the  button at the Merten Switch 3 times within 1.5 seconds.

If it does not immediately repeat the process and bring the Merten switch closer to the Fibaro HC. 2

Hi. I also have the Merten double switch. I would like to use it to trigger scenes in HC2...but this seems not possible? Also, the documentation is somewhat limited or I don't understand. I have the parameter list, but I don't understand what the values are or should be. The values can be set with a slider in HC2...

Late answere here, but just bought it and searched around, i found this that helped me getting it working.

Please login or register to see this link.