Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Bug on byte order reading parameter from ZXT-120

vettori

Question

Hello,

I'm trying without success to make working an ZXT-120 (version 1.6H) with my air conditioner.

Going straight to the point, I found that HCL is reading the parameter 35 (Learn location status) in the wrong byte ordering.

I configured codes for OFF (location 0), ON (location 1), 19 degrees cool (location 2), 26 degrees cool (location 9). However on the advanced page of the device, the learnt reported location is 24 degrees heat (location 17) only.

The parameter number 35 contains the value 117571584 that in binary is 111 00000010 00000000 00000000. Looking at the manual this is means 24 degrees heat. However if you read the binary the other side (from right to left), i.e. 000 00000000 00000010 00000111 this means OFF, ON, 19 cool, 26 cool that are exactly the codes I configured!

At this point, I'm thinking that other values are being used reversed and that may be the cause why nothing works for me ?

I attached the manual.

Any help on this would be very appreciated. I'm using only fibaro devices on my HCL and they work great, the only exception are this ZXT-120 and an AEON Micro Smart Switch and both doesn't work as they should

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks

Please login or register to see this link.

6 answers to this question

Have you performed softreconfiguration after learn mode of ZXT-120?

Device won't report automatically parameter 35 after learning new codes -  try this and let me know if your codes will appear.

• Inquirer
  • Have you performed softreconfiguration after learn mode of ZXT-120?

Device won't report automatically parameter 35 after learning new codes -  try this and let me know if your codes will appear.

Yes each time. But please reread my message, it seems that the four bytes are read in the reverse order... I'm not saying it doesn't report the parameter. Is this clear ?

Thank you

• Inquirer
  • I have reported this issue, thanks.

Thank you, do you think there's a workaround or something I can do to start using this device ?

What should I expect for the future: a HCL firmware update or something like that ?

Thank you

I think that this might be only template bug, I must verify this - could you check is it working correctly but values it interface are presented wrong way? 

• Inquirer
  • I just tried to configure all the codes and while the advanced page reports missing codes (likely due to the above bug), I can now control the device and it works correctly, I mean if I transfer the code for 26 cool it makes cool (hopefully with a 26 degrees target) and if I transfer the code for 28 heat it makes heat. Off works too.

Note that I had to remove the device and re-add it to the HCL because at a certain point in the learning process, the HCL only showed one interface (instead of four) and with no options to choose for mode (heat, cool, ...). Only the degrees where showing.

Hope this helps to make it working the right way.

Thanks