Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro HC2 and energy manager for photovoltaic home.

pirox

Hi all,

I just joined the forum, although I'm following it from a bit of time.
I would install in my home a controller for automation and would be interested in HC2, discarding  other products and sw typical of DIY, even if surely much more flexible (definitely require much more time to be online).

I would like to make a flexible controller to manage the energy produced by the photovoltaic, managing the individual loads so as to perform time shifting, or the separation of secondary loads.
I also want to keep track of all the historical consumption, (possibly saving the recordings on an log in xml or external db sql server) of energy produced and sent into the grid.

Would be nice also have a charts for lookup the state and historical data

It 'a possible solution using the HC2 in combination with energy meters (eg AEON LABS 3 phase that can read the energy injected and withdrawn from/to) grid and necessary actuators?
The grid supply it's 3 phase+neutral. Some load are 3 phase other 1+neutral.

Kind regards.

So basically what you want is a $10000 dedicatet industrial monitoring system for less than $1000 and you don't want to do any work to get it up and running? No, that is not possible with any general home automation systems. You may be able to read and graph current production, but not export it to xml without a free standing server.

I suggest LabView from National Instrument. I think it is what you are looking for.

Yes it's possible, but not with the HC2 alone.

I've integrated the ECO DEVICES 

Please login or register to see this link.

to read energy produced by PV, along with many other power sensors in my house to analyse energy produced and consumed.

For reporting, exporting, etc, I've integraed the HC2 with 

You will found on this forum, and in the french forum (

) many information on how to integrate all this.

All this is working fine.

here is the code I've included in a VD to send information to EmonCMS : you can send any value to an EmonCMS input

Please login or register to see this code.

• 4 months later...

I love it! Had my HC2 for a week and this looks awesome!

Just to get everything else up and running and I will give it a try

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />