Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Push notifications no longer working

Stephan Smit

Question

I have V3.601 installed on HCL and push notifications are no longer working.

The mobile device is selected in the Access Control Panel

Tried to uninstall the app and re-install still not working

Any suggestions please?

11 answers to this question

I have the same issue. It worked before but no longer for me. I reported it in the forum quite some time ago but no action on it. Also HCL 3.601 seems to be the last 3.xx release for HCL.

There has been claims that 4.xx is just around the corner for a good few months now. The latest statement is that there is no timeplan since the scope of work is not known.

Update after upgrading to 4.057 beta. The problem is also present on 4.xx

I have created an official bug report for this: 

Please login or register to see this link.

I know they do not work under android 6.0 I've not had notifications for months... Just waiting on new version when it's all official! What version of android you use?

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

However, I receive push notifications from devices. The only thing not working is push messages from within scenes. Thus making me believe this is not a phone issue

• Inquirer
  • I've also upgraded to V4.057 Beta. 

Uninstalled Fibaro app on Samsung S5 mini and installed again.

Push notifications now working from both scenes and devices

I use this little script to test notifications. It retrieves all possible phone IDs and sends this info to the devices.

Please login or register to see this code.

I have now tried to

1. Making sure my Xperia Z3 is not configured to receive any push message in any scene on HCL

2. Remove the Xperia Z3 from the access control list

3. Cleared cache and uninstalled app on Xperia

4. Reinstall and connect

5. Verified that the Xperia Z3 is again listed in access control

6. Configured one scene to send push to my Xperia Z3

7. Ran the scene, no luck!

I then also tried to add a notification email to the scene. Then I noticed that I do not receive any email either. So I do not receive any email nor push from the scene. Yet, I am receiving push and email from devices (i.e. when freeze warning etc).

I then also tried to add a notification email to the scene. Then I noticed that I do not receive any email either. So I do not receive any email nor push from the scene. Yet, I am receiving push and email from devices (i.e. when freeze warning etc).

I am sorry if I am completely wrong here, but I can't help thinking that you are using the wrong IDs...

For MAIL you are using IDs found under:

YOUR_IP_HERE/api/devices?type=HC_user

And for PUSH you use these:

YOUR_IP_HERE/api/devices?type=iOS_device

If you install "JSON Formatter" plugin in Chrome, the result of those API calls will be a lot more pleasant to look at.

Again, apologies if I state the obvious here.

I suppose, on a HCL, you select this from a dropdown list, so it cannot be wrong... can it?

So I have checked both the ID's and they correspond to the two android devices I have. Also, looking at ID's for mail the email-address is correct. I am still receiving info on freeze altert etc directly from devices but nothing from scenes.

This has been working a year or two ago, but the last 6-9 months it has not worked and Fibaro does not seem to keen to address it.

Also, yes, there is a dropdown list in HCL with two choices, my two Android devices. When running the scene no notification.

It seems from other posts that it is not only me.

So I have checked both the ID's and they correspond to the two android devices I have. Also, looking at ID's for mail the email-address is correct. I am still receiving info on freeze altert etc directly from devices but nothing from scenes.

This has been working a year or two ago, but the last 6-9 months it has not worked and Fibaro does not seem to keen to address it.

Also, yes, there is a dropdown list in HCL with two choices, my two Android devices. When running the scene no notification.

It seems from other posts that it is not only me.

Thanks for double checking (triple checking?) that. No, you are not alone... last Thursday I did not receive two push messages. I know, because the script send a push and a mail! And at the moment, it's not working either. Al my scripts that aren't time-sensitive use mail instead. I've changed that several months ago, so this seems to correspond with your observation. And my doorbell uses "blinking lights", because that doesn't depend on so many external factors. Plus e-mail. I don't know if there is a cause or a solution. I monitor this forum closely and I have never read something that was spot on.

Edit: after stopping and starting the app on my phone (Android 5) the push messages start flowing again...

Hey guys,

A couple of days ago my push notifications stopped working. I haven't touched the system, so as far as I can tell, nothing has changed. I upgraded to latest beta, deleted and re-added my iPhone 6, uninstalled and re-installed the app, but still no luck. Anyone else having problems (or no problems) with push notifications?

Update: nvm, it's working after all, after reinstalling app

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't see a delete button to delete unwanted msgs.