Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

When QUBINO Flush shutter DC fully compatible with HC2 ???

Quikdav

Question

Dear Fibaro Team

When do you expect to take into account QUBINO Flush shutter DC in the HC2 ?

I know Qubino is a competitor but you have to think about users...

Thanks by advance

16 answers to this question

I have it included, however it doesnt finish configuration. I can operate it but it keeps saying "not configured".

@fibaro, when can we expect full configuration of this device?

• Inquirer
  • I have it included, however it doesnt finish configuration. I can operate it but it keeps saying "not configured".

@fibaro, when can we expect full configuration of this device?

You can operate means you can use it to open and close à roof window ?

+1
    Please note, that you - Fibaro - have nothing that could be used instead. So this particular device is not in competition with any of yours. In fact it is the only possible solution for some of us. Had you offered the same function in one of your devices, I wouldn't have even thought of buying Qubino's Flush shutter DC.

@Quikdav and everyone searching for a solution: I don't have a roof window, but I can operate (open and close) a 24V DC motor with Qubino Flush shutter DC from HC2 (buttons and scenes confirmed to work). And I have this annoying notification of not configured devices.

Guest David86vm

+1 

I'm currently using 8 Flush shutters there working fine.

The home center always has the notification No template available already send it tor Fibaro support until now no response.

While i am not using Qubino i can gurantee you that Z-Wave alliance has statement regarding interoperability of devicess under the umbrella of said protocoll.

I would like Fibaro to (amongst other things) try and upkeep their drivers (templates or however you want to call it) for that promiss is what most users chose Z-Wave for. Roller shutters are not that difficult of a device, you can basically use "set device to %" command frame.

On the other hand the roller shutter by Qubino dose not appear to be certified Z-Wave device (reference point: Z-Wave allaince officiall website):

Please login or register to see this attachment.

So there might not actually be the apropriate command class.... infact the device could cause qute a few problems.

Right so while in principle i do agree in practice i would wait for it to get the proper certificate.

+1

The Fibaro shutter device has a combined up/down and slats control for venetian blinds. That functionality is probably quite easy to replicate for the Qubino device. I'd love to use the Fibaro one with full compatability, but it doesn't support 24V motors. I've emailed Fibaro about this and they give the regular standard-reply mumbo-jumbo.

My god... Still nothing here? The first request regarding this device was THREE YEARS AGO!!

On 3/28/2018 at 9:18 AM, Alpha said:

My god... Still nothing here? The first request regarding this device was THREE YEARS AGO!!

Fibaro is starting to lose my trust and business!

I cant even get the flush shutter DC calibrated? Anybody got this working?

You can have the Qubino 24V DC shutter (QUB_ZMNHOD1) calibrated. I successfully installed three of those with HC2 to control my roof windows operated by 24V actuators. Go to device settings, then advanced and then - at the very bottom of the page - you will be able to run auto callibration via the paratemeter 78. See printscreens. It will go like this:

1. Close the window.

2. Set parameter 78 from default 0 to 1 and hit the save button (I think I was doing enter and then push save)  .

3. Wait till the window completes the full Open/Close/Open cycle.

4. Set parameter 78 again to 0. Verify it is set back to 0 or otherwise re-save.

To be fair to Fibaro: they helped me right away when I called them with a question how to callibrate. To be fair to Qubino: their instruction manual precisely talks about callibrating via parameter 78.

Hope that this helped and you guys can start enjoying the system :-).

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_09/image.png.cd5c27340981caa486f450a3f9556cb9.png" alt="image.png.cd5c27340981caa486f450a3f9556cb9.png" />

Zaawansowane or Advanced

image.png.02c47e27ece62e5c259a9b03261b7903.png

image.png.11022e89647102a5d35db2c157b666a6.png

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Thanks 1