Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Tutorial for new Foscam HD (type C,R,FI99) and 'older' FI98xx models with latest firmware

patrickvh

Question

All new Foscam HD devices (type Cx,Rx,FI99xx) have a new firmware in which two video streams are configured with default settings that can NOT be changed in the user interface of the camera. However, with a small workaround you can make them work in the Fibaro HC2 interface.

I've not been able to test but normally the procedure described below should work with Fibaro HCL too (=> any feedback is welcome).

The solutions described below also works for 'older' HD models (98xxx series) with latest firmware.

* Stream 1 = Main Stream = HD

1) HD Mode (does not work with Fibaro)

2) Equilibrium mode (does not work with Fibaro)

3) Smooth mode (does not work with Fibaro)

4) User-defined (does not work with Fibaro)

* Stream 2 = Sub Stream

1) HD Mode (does not work with Fibaro)

2) Equilibrium mode (does not work with Fibaro)

3) Smooth mode: does work with Fibaro

4) User-defined (does not work with Fibaro)

Solution: 

Step 0: only for 'older' HD cams (98xxx series): update firmware

Using Safari, Google Chrome (I've not tested with other browsers)

Step 1: verify the stream settings for the sub stream: 

Please login or register to see this link.

default (factory setting) result should be:

<CGI_Result>

<result>0</result>
<streamType>0</streamType>
</CGI_Result>

Step 2: set the sub stream to smooth mode: 

following result means that the new setting succeeded

<CGI_Result>

<result>0</result>
</CGI_Result>

Step 3: reboot Foscam (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!)

Step 4: check if sub stream type has been set to "2": 

following result means that new parameter has been set in the Foscam config

<CGI_Result>

<result>0</result>
<streamType>2</streamType>
</CGI_Result>

Step 5: create new camera device in the Fibaro admin interface with following parameters:

- camera model: "Foscam"

- user name: leave blank

- password: leave blank

- ip address: <ipFoscam>:88

- jpg path: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- mjpg path: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- turn left url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveLeft&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- turn right url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveRight&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- move up url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveUp&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- move down url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveDown&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- stop camera movement url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzStopRun&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- Send STOP after movement

- JPG

- Refresh time: 10 seconds works fine for me

- MJPG: leave blank

For info: in most browsers the image of your cam will disappear in the Fibaro HC2 admin interface after the time set in the "refresh time" parameter. However, no worry. In your iPhone, iPad, Android app you will have a continuous mjpg stream.

Good luck!

After seeing your post this morning I thought I would give the Foscam FI9816P camera that I have lying around one more try. This thing is running on the latest firmware, but it does not want to take any cgi configuration parameters. The steps you describe do not work on this device. And yes - I did do the reboot and I have tried three different browsers (IE11, Firefox v38 and Chrome).

As far as I am concerned this Foscam camera is possibly the worst camera I have ever seen. Literally every function of the device is buggy, unreliable and unstable. Faulty RTSP streaming, configuration parameters that do not get applied and random "access deny" errors (note the typo).

I can repeat your "Good luck" - if you have one of these you're going to need it.

• Inquirer
  • the steps described are working on my FI9816P after I performed a factory reset of the camera and downloaded firmware 2.51.2.5: 

My FOSCAM R2 is also not working.

Every step gives me:

<CGI_Result>

<result>2</result>
    < /CGI_Result>

Reset, factory reset,...nothing works.

I have the Foscam 9826P cam and the procedure doesn't work.  1 and 2 are working, but after rebooting (power on/off)  It does not have the correct settings  (streamtype=2). 

Does anyone got this device up and running in the HC2 version 4.071 and with wich settings/firmware/procedure?  Help is greatly appreciated!

I have F9816P with lates software and is working , step 4 is not returning me :

<CGI_Result>

<result>0</result>
    <streamType>2</streamType>
    </CGI_Result>

and is returning me 

<CGI_Result>

<result>0</result>
    <streamType>0</streamType>
    </CGI_Result>

but step 0,1,2,3,5 are ok.

On browser mjpeg is not working but on my mobile is working (iOS and Android).

I had some problems adding a Foscam FI9853EP. After struggling, resetting, trying this tutorial multiple times, I found out that the problem was because the complex password i used was not working. To test this i created a new user in the Foscam camera with a basic password (e.g. password1). This did the trick, the camera is added succesfully. Now the camera is working on the iphone app, and the screenshot is displayed on the mainpage. There is no video displayed when the camera is opened on the HC2 page, but this is not an issue for me.

Just wanted to share this.

I have PTZ camera Foscam FI9828P V2 with system firmware version 1.4.1.10 and application firmware version 2.11.1.132. All I do is added as camera in HC2, selected type Foscam and then corrected url's as mentioned above in the first post by patrickvh. I get picture immediately on iPhone and iPad and no picture on HC2 web interface. Since I don't need picture on HC web interface it doesn't really matter.

Since this is PTZ camera with zoom and focus and some other nice features like preset positions, cruise paths, motion detection with alarm I made VD to be able to use all those features. It would be definitely  better if all this could be achieved through camera device but since there is only movement and taking snap picture additional VD was required which can be called from scenes to arm/disarm motion detection, activate cruising path or change position of the camera. It looks like this:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Here is code example for turning camera to preset position:

Please login or register to see this code.

This is code example for zoom In/Out/Stop:

And this is code to arm camera for motion detection:

Camera motion sensor disarming code is simple:

Since I always update VD icon and labels status with code in buttons I don't use main loop code. Also since it is not really possible to get current status of camera (please correct me if I'm wrong), after power loss or reboot it is possible to write a piece of code to setup camera accordingly and also status on VD to be actual one. Thats why I have some global variables to remember position of camera and alarm status.

Edited by Sankotronic
    Added VD picture

Hi

I tried to set MJPG on my FI9828P with the instructions above, but it doesn't work. So I searched on Google and tried these commands

but still, no video in Fibaro. @Sankotronic, are you able to get MJPG video stream in Fibaro? I have same camera firmware, but I'm still running HC2 4.056, will upgrade as soon as the push/notification bug is solved.

Thanks!
    R

Hi

I tried to set MJPG on my FI9828P with the instructions above, but it doesn't work. So I searched on Google and tried these commands

but still, no video in Fibaro. @Sankotronic, are you able to get MJPG video stream in Fibaro? I have same camera firmware, but I'm still running HC2 4.056, will upgrade as soon as the push/notification bug is solved.

Thanks!

R

I have picture on mobile app on iPhones and iPads but no picture on web interface no matter how I setup substream. Anyway for me that is good enough since having picture from camera on mobile devices for me is important, while on web interface not so much.

Hi

Yes picture is ok but no video: any luck with MJPG stream?

Thanks

R

Well, sorry, I meant I have video stream on mobile applications even after I use original Foscam application which always change video format to HD 720p from VGA 480 or from aspect ratio 4:3 to 16:9.

Hi Guys,

With the newer HD Foscam IP cams make sure to encode the URL!

If your normal URL is:

Foscam>:<ipcam port>/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=getSubVideoStreamType&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

encode the BOLD red part so that your get:

Foscam>:<ipcam port>/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd%3DgetSubVideoStreamType%26usr%3D%3Cyouradminusername%3E%26pwd%3D%3Cyouradminpassword%3E

to encode a URL use the following site (example!):

If you do not encode the URL you will most likely see a result of -2

Best Regards,

jorge

Well, sorry, I meant I have video stream on mobile applications even after I use original Foscam application which always change video format to HD 720p from VGA 480 or from aspect ratio 4:3 to 16:9.

Hi

thanks I played more now and result is always the same in the Android app: "Check MJPG settings: using JPG image now". I also tried encoding as Jorge suggests above, this is what I tried in the MJPG field:

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd%3DGetMJStream%26usr%myusername%26pwd%3Dmypwd

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd%3DsetSubStreamFormat%26format%3D1%26usr%3Dmyusername%26pwd%3Dmypwd

Any idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks

R

Hi all,

I recently purchase a FI9816P (black friday :P) and work perfectly (firmware: 2.51.2.33)

I used only one step to integrate with HCL, after initial cam config:

Step 5: create new camera device in the Fibaro admin interface with following parameters:

- camera model: "Foscam"

- user name: leave blank

- password: leave blank

- ip address: <ipFoscam>:88

- jpg path: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- mjpg path: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- turn left url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveLeft&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- turn right url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveRight&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- move up url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveUp&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- move down url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveDown&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- stop camera movement url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzStopRun&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- Send STOP after movement

- JPG

- Refresh time: 10 seconds works fine for me

- MJPG: leave blank

Thanks patrickvh

i have a Foscam  F19821W V2 and the given URL's don't work in my HC2 4.104

for example if i enter for left turn in the fibaro config

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveLeft&usr=admin&pwd=admin   (doesn't matter if i encode it or not)

the camera won't turn left, (i do have the ip:port  192.168.1.10:88)

i do see an image and video, so the camera works fine in fibaro, just movement doesn't

but if i enter in a browser directly

http://192.168.1.10:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveLeft&usr=admin&pwd=admin

the camera turns left beautifully

I have a FI9900 outdoor camera but the video stream is not working whitin Fibaro Hc2.

I tried to set substream setting but it does not change from 0 to 2 .

It seems successfully but after reboot it shows ) again in stead of 2.

Is there another way to get the live stream working with my HC2?

Regards,

Robert

Guest azevenhuizen
    On ‎26‎.‎1‎.‎2017 at 4:13 PM, rankman said:

I have a FI9900 outdoor camera but the video stream is not working whitin Fibaro Hc2.

I tried to set substream setting but it does not change from 0 to 2 .

It seems successfully but after reboot it shows ) again in stead of 2.

Is there another way to get the live stream working with my HC2?

Regards,

Robert

I just got a 'FI9900EP V3' and this one is working in IE webinterface (jpg) and in the Android app.

No luck on the iPhone app yet.

Have you seen this post on the Dutch Foscam Forum?

23 hours ago, azevenhuizen said:

I just got a 'FI9900EP V3' and this one is working in IE webinterface (jpg) and in the Android app.

No luck on the iPhone app yet.

Have you seen this post on the Dutch Foscam Forum?

Hi @azevenhuizen,

if you upgraded iPhone app to last version then you will not be able to see Foscam cameras when connected remotely, but you should still have stream on app when connected locally.