Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Tutorial for new Foscam HD (type C,R,FI99) and 'older' FI98xx models with latest firmware

patrickvh

Question

All new Foscam HD devices (type Cx,Rx,FI99xx) have a new firmware in which two video streams are configured with default settings that can NOT be changed in the user interface of the camera. However, with a small workaround you can make them work in the Fibaro HC2 interface.

I've not been able to test but normally the procedure described below should work with Fibaro HCL too (=> any feedback is welcome).

The solutions described below also works for 'older' HD models (98xxx series) with latest firmware.

* Stream 1 = Main Stream = HD

1) HD Mode (does not work with Fibaro)

2) Equilibrium mode (does not work with Fibaro)

3) Smooth mode (does not work with Fibaro)

4) User-defined (does not work with Fibaro)

* Stream 2 = Sub Stream

1) HD Mode (does not work with Fibaro)

2) Equilibrium mode (does not work with Fibaro)

3) Smooth mode: does work with Fibaro

4) User-defined (does not work with Fibaro)

Solution: 

Step 0: only for 'older' HD cams (98xxx series): update firmware

Using Safari, Google Chrome (I've not tested with other browsers)

Step 1: verify the stream settings for the sub stream: 

Please login or register to see this link.

default (factory setting) result should be:

<CGI_Result>

<result>0</result>
<streamType>0</streamType>
</CGI_Result>

Step 2: set the sub stream to smooth mode: 

following result means that the new setting succeeded

<CGI_Result>

<result>0</result>
</CGI_Result>

Step 3: reboot Foscam (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!)

Step 4: check if sub stream type has been set to "2": 

following result means that new parameter has been set in the Foscam config

<CGI_Result>

<result>0</result>
<streamType>2</streamType>
</CGI_Result>

Step 5: create new camera device in the Fibaro admin interface with following parameters:

- camera model: "Foscam"

- user name: leave blank

- password: leave blank

- ip address: <ipFoscam>:88

- jpg path: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- mjpg path: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- turn left url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveLeft&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- turn right url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveRight&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- move up url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveUp&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- move down url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveDown&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- stop camera movement url: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzStopRun&usr=<youradminusername>&pwd=<youradminpassword>

- Send STOP after movement

- JPG

- Refresh time: 10 seconds works fine for me

- MJPG: leave blank

For info: in most browsers the image of your cam will disappear in the Fibaro HC2 admin interface after the time set in the "refresh time" parameter. However, no worry. In your iPhone, iPad, Android app you will have a continuous mjpg stream.

Good luck!

Guest azevenhuizen

Thanks for the input. Indeed the Foscam does not seem to work from external source on my iPhone.

Probably another bug which we will have to be patient for.

I did make another google search and just to share the feedback,
For the FI9900EP I found the following url for MJPEG and this work on all my devices (web interface, Galaxy tab, iPhone)

This works even with the Stream Type set to HD Mode

cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=[username]&pwd=[password]

with special thanks to:

and  

Just to inform:

DO NOT WASTE your time trying to setup the FOSCAM FI9928P!

( At least not in HCL)

Reason:

This camera does NOT switch to the required sub stream!

As mentioned in a couple of post: it seems to apply the command successfully but after reboot it shows "0" stream again!!

The specifications of the FI9928P say, it is streaming in H264 format (not mentioning anything about MJPEG!!)

Which makes sense because,  the MJPEG stream bandwidth would be pretty high.

Mainly ALL HD cameras will stream in H264 or even better in H265 to reduce bandwidth.

But this requires some serious decoding power on the viewing end.

...unfortunately the HCL and others only are running cpu's, which do not provide the computing power to decode (multiple) HD streams in real time!!

and therefore HCL is not supporting those streams - I assume.

I therefore switched to watch the video streams outside the Fibaro APP using TinyCam Monitor for example.

Thanks for the instructions provided in this thread

Best regards

Jurgen

Just to inform:

( At least not in HCL)

Reason:

As mentioned in a couple of post: it seems to apply the command successfully but after reboot it shows "0" stream again!!

The specifications of the FI9928P say, it is streaming in H264 format (not mentioning anything about MJPEG!!)

Mainly ALL HD cameras will stream in H264 or even better in H265 to reduce bandwidth.

...unfortunately the HCL and others only are running cpu's, which do not provide the computing power to decode (multiple) HD streams in real time!!

I therefore switched to watch the video streams outside the Fibaro APP using TinyCam Monitor for example.

Best regards

Jurgen

Guest spazpeker
11 minutes ago, Pflug said:

Just to inform:

( At least not in HCL)

Reason:

Best regards

Jurgen

Just to inform:

( At least not in HCL)

Reason:

Best regards

Jurgen

Jurgen

try changing your camera user and password to short simple ones, I think it's a bug where some combinations won't change the sub stream !

Definitively "NO" problem with username & password here.

The FI9928P simply does not stream in the required format

Guest spazpeker
3 hours ago, Pflug said:

Definitively "NO" problem with username & password here.

The FI9928P simply does not stream in the required format

Yes you are right the FI9928P only does H264 , however some of the other models don't like long names when setting the sub stream 

I bought foscam F19826P and it works with HC2.

I don't use the foscam plug in I simply add camera.

IP=xxx.xxx.x.xxx:88

user:xxxxxx

pw:xxxxxx

JPG URL: http://ip:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

MJPG stream URL:http: //ip:88/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Turning left URL: http://ip:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveLeft&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Turning right URL: http://ip:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveRight&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Turning up URL: http://ip:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveUp&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Turning down URL: http://ip:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveDown&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Stop movement URL: http://ip:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzStopRun&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

hope this will help  others

Hi all,

I have bought 2 x C1 cameras and I confirm that C1 & C2 are not working with this method. Please check list here:

I strongly recommend OP to edit this thread in order to not confuse more people... Anyway I really would like to thank him, it is a very clear info and maybe the OP only tried to share and help others :-)

EDIT:

just a second confirmation I have found from Official support:

Edited by dimae

On 7/10/2016 at 11:54 AM, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Sankotronic thanks a lot once more for your post. With the latest firmware of my FI9828P now I am able to see the image on the main Home screen as well as in the app (JPG only). I also used your code to arm and disarm the webcam and it works great. Next step would be to trigger an action in Fibaro (i.e. turn on a light) when movement is detected by webcam.. I am thinking to look for the webcam email using IFTTT.com and then launch a scene via http api - but this would require storing HC2 credentials in clear on IFTTT.

Any better ideas?

Thanks!
R

Hi

because of too many false alarms using Foscam as a sensor (one night alone I had 250+ emails...) I decided I want to know in Fibaro when webcam is breached in order to do a scene that can disarm it in case of too many alarms.

I found out that the "linkage" parameter also has another bit (bit4) that can be used to enable "IO Output", so in my case I set linkage to 22 for Email (2) + Snapshot (4) + IO Output (16).

Then I bought a Universal Sensor and connected PIN 3 of Foscam output to IN1 of UBS. But results are pretty much disappointing: once the sensor was breached but there was no way to clear the breach flag (I restarted webcam+UBS, I sent the clearIOOutput command via cgi and also via web interface but it stayed breached until I soft-recofigured UBS. Then I sent parameter 3 to 2 (Momentary Input) and to 3 (Toggle input) to try and prevent it to stay in breach status. But now it's unbreached and it doesn't breach anymore...

Anyone with better experience/hint in connecting Foscam to a UBS?

Thanks!
R

On 1/14/2018 at 6:07 PM, rcanetta said:

Hi

because of too many false alarms using Foscam as a sensor (one night alone I had 250+ emails...) I decided I want to know in Fibaro when webcam is breached in order to do a scene that can disarm it in case of too many alarms.

I found out that the "linkage" parameter also has another bit (bit4) that can be used to enable "IO Output", so in my case I set linkage to 22 for Email (2) + Snapshot (4) + IO Output (16).

Then I bought a Universal Sensor and connected PIN 3 of Foscam output to IN1 of UBS. But results are pretty much disappointing: once the sensor was breached but there was no way to clear the breach flag (I restarted webcam+UBS, I sent the clearIOOutput command via cgi and also via web interface but it stayed breached until I soft-recofigured UBS. Then I sent parameter 3 to 2 (Momentary Input) and to 3 (Toggle input) to try and prevent it to stay in breach status. But now it's unbreached and it doesn't breach anymore...

Anyone with better experience/hint in connecting Foscam to a UBS?

Thanks!
R

Hi

I solved! it was a problem of bad connections. So to recap I have

1) connected output 3 and 4 of Foscam respectively to IN1 and GND of UBS (I am sharing the same power supply for UBS and webcam by the way :-)

2) created a scene that when UBS is armed and breached increments a WebcamSensor global variable and sends the clearIO command to webcam:

response, status, result = Cam:GET('/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=clearIOAlarmOutput&usr='..camUser..'&pwd='..camPass)

3) created a scene that when WebcamSensor = 4 disarms the webcam

3) created a scene that every hour does

fibaro:setGlobal("WebcamBreach", "0");
if
      (tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("WebcamAutoDisarm")) > 0)
      then
      fibaro:setGlobal('WebcamAutoDisarm', fibaro:getGlobalValue('WebcamAutoDisarm') - 1)
      if
          tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("WebcamAutoDisarm")) == 0
          then
          fibaro:call(380, "pressButton", "2") (*arm button*)
          fibaro:call(2, "sendEmail", "Webcam ReArmed", "Webcam ReArmed")
          end
end

So if the Webcam is auto-disarmed it will take 3 hours to be rearmed automatically. Unfortunately I was not able to do this "autorun every hour" inside the LUA scene, so I created a block scene that runs every hour and calls the LUA scene above. Any hint on what I should add at the beginning of this scene in order to have it autorun every hour?

Thanks!

R

On 12/28/2016 at 1:35 PM, Klaasz said:

figured it out, i had a @ sign in my password, this is not allowed :-)

Thanks for solving this issue for me too :)

Hi All,

I'm a new user of HC2.

I need to configure my Foscam FI9816P V2.

I configure my cam for substrem:

<CGI_Result>

<result>0</result>

<streamType>2</streamType>

</CGI_Result>

And I configure the HC2 as:

IP CAMERA: IP:PORT

SNAPSHOT: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=USER&pwd=PWD

MJSTREAM: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=USER&pwd=PWD

I can see the snapshot but not the stream.

The FW Version is: 2.51.2.50.

Were I wrong?

THX.