Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Which "Controlled Device" to set for sirene?

alanschaeffer

Question

Hi,

I have an HC2 v4.056 and an Aeon Labs Sirene. In the advanced settings, I can set the "Controlled Device" drop-down to many things, a few of which look interesting but I don't know what they are exactly for:

- Alarm - Breached

- Alarm - Arming

- Alarm state

I'm currently starting and stopping the sirene when the alarm is breached using scene, but I was hoping there is a better way...

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

Here are a few answers relative to this topic I got from the Fibaro support team:

Can I retrieve the status of the alarm in LUA? The only way I found was by checking the status of one of the door sensors.
    > Unfortunately this is not possible

Can I change the status of the alarm (arm – disarm) in LUA without having to do it for each room or device separately?
    > No, you cannot 

Is there a way to arm and disarm the alarm with only 1 click in the iPhone app (as it is possible to do in the iPad app)? In the iPhone I need to select each room individually…
    > No, but we plan to introduce this functionality

Is there a user guide that is more detailed than the “Advanced user guide”? For instance: What are the HAIL and BASIC command classes for?
    In the module/advanced/Controlled device drop down, what are the values “Alarm – Breached”, “Alarm – Arming” and “Alarm state” for?
    > You can check the Fibaro Developer section about this:

Please login or register to see this link.

>> Unfortunately I couldn't the answer in the developer docs...

As for the Sirene, option "Controlled Device", I set it to "Other Device" and it works like a (complicated) charm. I trigger the sirene using a scene that I start when the alarm is triggered using the Alarm Panel / Advanced / Add action.

Cheers!
    Alex

Hi,

Here are a few answers relative to this topic I got from the Fibaro support team:

Can I retrieve the status of the alarm in LUA? The only way I found was by checking the status of one of the door sensors.
    > Unfortunately this is not possible

Can I change the status of the alarm (arm – disarm) in LUA without having to do it for each room or device separately?
    > No, you cannot 

Is there a way to arm and disarm the alarm with only 1 click in the iPhone app (as it is possible to do in the iPad app)? In the iPhone I need to select each room individually…
    > No, but we plan to introduce this functionality

Is there a user guide that is more detailed than the “Advanced user guide”? For instance: What are the HAIL and BASIC command classes for?
    In the module/advanced/Controlled device drop down, what are the values “Alarm – Breached”, “Alarm – Arming” and “Alarm state” for?
    > You can check the Fibaro Developer section about this:

Please login or register to see this link.

>> Unfortunately I couldn't the answer in the developer docs...

As for the Sirene, option "Controlled Device", I set it to "Other Device" and it works like a (complicated) charm. I trigger the sirene using a scene that I start when the alarm is triggered using the Alarm Panel / Advanced / Add action.

Cheers!
    Alex

Hi
    My "Controlled device" stands for "Alarm - Arming" I do not really know why, but it works.

The alarm I start with a scene (with code from my android phone), exactly as you type, and the alarm stops (if violated) with another scene, also with alarm panel, and 700-second delay, ie driving in the alarm 700 seconds.

When I come home I disarm the alarm with code hved using android phone.
    This is the scene at the pictures that make the work. I use only one sensor, but I wonder if it also works with several sensors (checked by sensors). Scenen is not in alarmpanel.
    Eller=or
    Så=then
    Maybe you can use it for anything.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Aktiv scene, start with HC2