Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

H264 - Is there a official statement?

Guest AxelS

Question

Guest AxelS

Hey Fibaro-Team,

what is the plan regarding H264?

Nowadays it´s getting harder and harder to get a IPCAM which is not a H264 one!

Thx

Axel 

Wouldn't think it would be far off as most other controllers are integrating support now so maybe 2016 will be the year?

Wouldn't think it would be far off as most other controllers are integrating support now so maybe 2016 will be the year?

Like 2015 was year of V4? Almost there already.

rantta, looks like you are still living in the medieval age of 3.600

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> So 2016 will likely be a promising year...

Hey Fibaro,

Do you still have H264 support on your list? I have a bunch of Hikvision cameras that I will probably need to return since they dont support more than 1 connection for MJPEG (and I have several iOS/Andr units connected to HC2).

It would have been nice with some info from Fibaro about possible H264 support. I also have cams with only H264... :-)

Hello,

The research and works on integrating H264 are still ongoing. There is no estimated time of integration, but eventually it will be supported.

What cameras are everyone using?  I was just looking at FOSCAM's in Australia that I can get hold of such as the 9805W, but they ALL require H264?  - Seems like a bit limitation on the HC2 as this question was asked in 2015?

@T.Konopka   Any news about h264 integration ? It saves us from buying dedicated screens 

Do you have an intercom list that can be compatible? hummm no h264 .... no Fibaro Intercom ... The two are linked ?

I prefer to buy a fibaro product but without news .... complicated

e.g. 2N and Alphatech intercoms are working with Fibaro

+1 for 2N intercoms. Amazing product for integrators.

And +1 for support of H.264/RSTP/ONVIF or something better than god damn jpg!! :roll: Surely this has to be bumped into a higher priority. It's been requested for years and is standard in even the cheapest IP cams available.

Yes, this is very important, there is a good number well priced H.264 cameras available on the market. The camera plays a very important role in whole system called security. The more cameras you can connect the more you can see. Currently, there is no way to use these cameras, which means you are stuck with an old and expensive JPG. For a Smart Home Products dealer and installer it is easier to sell the Fibaro Controller that works with well proced cameras. Anybody spending over $600 for a Controller is not willing to pay another $300 for a single camera. The Fibaro Team, please implement the H.264/RSTP/ONVIF. Thank you kindly, Sebastian