Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer turns off when wall-plug consumption hits zero

apmadsen

Recently I've experienced my dimmer turning off by itself

It started after I moved a wall-plug to a near vicinity of it (wanted to measure usage of a freezer), and when I compared the consumption in HC2 I could see that the dimmer turns off every time the wall-plug usage drops to 0 (see attachment below).

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I can only say WTF!?!

/Anders

(All modules are Fibaro modules)

The Wall Plug has this capability, indeed... What's in Association group 2 and what are parameters 50, 51 and 52 set to? I expect p50 = 2 meaning "turn off associated device if power below parameter 50 (default 30 W)".

• Topic Author
  • The Wall Plug has this capability, indeed... What's in Association group 2 and what are parameters 50, 51 and 52 set to? I expect p50 = 2 meaning "turn off associated device if power below parameter 50 (default 30 W)".

Hmm. I know that I haven't setup associations on this device, but after a 'Soft reconfigure' I found out that it was indeed associated with 3 different modules (could only locate 1 of them in my system). What I cannot explain, is why this didn't happen when it was in the other room far from the dimmer.

Anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

• Topic Author
  • No explanation as to what has happened... Glad I could help!

Bye!

Well I've never had any reason to associate anything with this wall plug as it was connected to a PC, so I don't know why I would do that.

Whats also strange, is that I was not able to remove the association to "Loftslamper", because there was no checkbox so I had to clear associations instead (see attachment below)...

In some cases, the GUI doesn't allow to clear associations by using check-marks. For example, when you exclude a device, it may still appear in the associations list of another device. Setting a new association to a temporary device, will clear the "orphaned" association. Fibaro is aware of this and it's on their to-do list.