Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RGBW inputs and outputs at the same time

blaffen

Hi.

I have been using the Fibaro RGBW module together with Vera 3 but I never did get the inputs to work. The module has 4 inputs and 4 outputs, and then one would like to be able to use the controller to control the outputs as RGBW leds and the inputs as inputs.

After giving up one Vera 3 I bought Home Center 2 (a bit more expensive). Now I can use the outputs and inputs in some sense. Please help me out with the questions below.

One can configure the module in 3 ways, as I can understand it, RGBW, RGB, and Input/Output.

When I conf. the module in RGBW or RGB, I get a nice controller in HC2 being able to set outputs and also being able to use the small special programs (Storm, Rainbow etc.). But I can't see any inputs.

When I conf. the module as Input/Output, I can use the inputs, but now the RGB output control has disappeared.

Why is that?

Is it possible to use the fine looking HC2 RGB controller and also use the 4 inputs at the same time?

Thank You all

• Topic Author
  • Ok, I'll update my question a bit.

As I can see it, it is _not_ possible to get the RGB controller in HC2 in the input/output mode. A bit sad (and strange I should say).

Then I wonder, is it at all possible to use the 4 inputs at the same time as the 4 outputs?

From the module manual, section IX:

"What's more, in IN/OUT mode all inputs and outputs may be configured independently, e.g. I1 may be configured as 0-10V sensor input and I2-I4 may control LED strip or Halogen lamps. "

So according to this, one should be able to use all inputs and outputs at the same time, for example 4 inputs connected to 4 push buttons and 4 outputs connected to 4 led stripes.

But in HC2, in input/output mode, I can only see 4 slaves (or 5 by which the 5:th is hidden (?)).

Any advice would be much appreciated.