Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

TheItalianJob

Hi,

In fibaro spots there is a clear reference to a "wireless firmware update".

at this moment I've 7 FGMS-001 motion sensors and some are with version 2.6 and some with 2.7 version.

How can I update the 2.6 devices to 2.7?

I'll cross post this from the

Please login or register to see this link.

How do you update the firmware of the modules from 3.2 to 3.3?

It clearly states in the marketing material (all of page 15) that this is possible. 

Please login or register to see this link.

The text of the (whole page) advert is: 

You can update the software to its new version whenever available. This way you will always benefit from any new functionalities without the need of purchasing new device.

This claim in the advertising was one of the main reasons I purchased the modules .

The current advice seems to be "RMA it" - which is pretty impractical for devices that are running the lights in my house.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using Homeseer for around 10 years now and Fibaro modules for 18 months and one of the main reason to considering upgrade to HC2 was as I was told that in HC you can upgrade firmware of the modules. 

I am testing HC now and I like it a lot but I did not found the modules firmware upgrade ability. As i understand it was removed the question to Fibaro is if it is just temporary decision or there will be no firmware updates so the function is not necessary?

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Any news to that? Because I have a problem with a dimmer 2 with version 3.2 and need to update to 3.3.

Regards lulu

My recommendation is to contact support, to see if your issue is really related to the version of your dimmer.

Tech Support

Language: Polish Language: English Poland: +48 61 880 1000

Language: Polish Language: English United Kingdom: +44 845 154 2852

Language: Polish Language: English France: +33 970 733 545

Language: Polish Language: English Global iNum: +883 510 001 123928

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hi.

Thanks, I did already. We will see.

Turning on the light via the software or app the first attempts it always goes off directly. After several times of switching on again it then works and stays on. But next time same problem.

Also when I dim the light with the switch at the wall and then switching it off, after switching on again it starts again at 100% and not the last state. Parameters are all set correct. I also did a total reset of this dimmer but no change.

Regards lulu

You have two switches on S1? If so, please don't forget to mention that to support. It's important information.