Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Add button does not give any feedback

nicolino84

Question

Hello my dear Fibaro-Family,

I bought the HCL one week ago and got already some Fibaro devices that I wanted to bring into the Z-Wave environment.

The setup of the HCL was quite easy. I started building the sections and rooms and wanted to add my first device.

Here the issue:

I click on the section "Devices" -  "Add or remove devices" and then on "add" with the result = THAT NOTHING HAPPENS! I mean, really nothing. No feedback, no learning mode, no response, no error - just the beauty of noooothing! In the meanwhile I hate the videos on youtube showing how easy it should work.

Anyway, there are these three possibilities before clicking on the "add" button:

- Device is located far from the Home Center

- NWI - Network-Wide Inclusion

- Add in security mode if device supports it

I tried already all different possibilities but still its not possible to add any device. 

Question: 

Whats the problem?!?!? 

Is there a possibility to run a hardware diagnostic? Maybe the Z-Wave controller is broken?

Some more hints: 

- the learning mode does not start even when I click on "delete device"

- "virtual device" and "add camera" brings me at list to a next menu

- "Configuration" - "Z-Wave Network" I clicked on every possible "reset" button

- when I click on "add secondary controller" the learning mode starts

- I updated to all the new beta versions from the last days, still no change (currently 4.058)

- I downloaded already 4 different web browser, as I thought that its maybe an issue with the view or so = No result

Thank you in advance for your help! My wife has already this "what a waste of money"-look and I am quite sure that she will reach the next level (send this sh.. back) soon!

I´m sure that you can now understand the urgency of my request...

Thank you,

Nico

13 answers to this question

I hate to ask it, but since you didn't mention it... did you try a reboot? I had this once...

Are there any notifications, besides "missing templates"?

• Inquirer
  • Hi Peter,

I learned that stupid questions do not exist  :->

I made a reboot from the software (Configuration - General - Reboot) and I also unplugged the power. In the meanwhile several times.

I would love to see any kind of notification or error, but there is just nothing. I can click on "add" 50 times but nothing happens.

I tried from the iPhone app but it also doesn't work. The iPhone app is showing only a "20" without counting - I think there is also something strange - I attached some pictures.

Is there any other way to add devices to the HCL?

Thanks in advance.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Next stupid question. You did put your device into learning mode as well? The b - triple click? And if three clicks doesn't work click some more for good measure. And if still nothing bring the device super close to the HCL and repeat.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Joacim,

yes I had the device always quite close to the HCL (I even tried with different devices). 

It seems that I simply can´t activate the learning mode on the HCL. 

Could it be a hardware defect? Is it possible to check this?

Thx, 

Nico

I do not own a HCL. It doesn't count up or down just stops at 20 then nothing?

What happens when you triple click the device?

• Inquirer
  • Well, the picture appears already with 20 and thats it. I can click 3 times on the device but it does not have any effect... I still have zero devices in my HCL installed.

But I think if its not working in the browser, then its logical that it also doesn't work via iPhone. The issue seems to be with the HCL.

What is the "+"-button on the back of the HCL meaning? I tried already several times to click 3 times, but maybe there is another click-combination that I could use?

Sounds like an issue for [email protected]. Maybe something did go wrong during the last attempt, and now something got stuck (that is not user accessible...). Haven't heard that for a wile, I got that several firmware revisions back.

You do triple click the device you are trying to add? You don't press any button on the HCL.

Have you tried another browser?

I'm out I got nothing after that. Still no luck? try an exchange with your dealer or send a mail to support.

I'm now running 4.058.

I accidentally reset a device (Fibaro Wall Plug). So I had to delete the device on the web page (using "X" mark).

Because I am not an idiot, I did the same thing to a Fibaro Motion Sensor. Clumsy me!

But I needed that FGMS, so I did the same as the OP. Quote: I click on the section "Devices" - "Add or remove devices" and then on "add" with the result = THAT NOTHING HAPPENS! I mean, really nothing. No feedback, no learning mode, no response, no error - just the beauty of noooothing!

Well, not quite true, after a while "learning mode error" was added to the log.

So I went to the HC2 and pushed the "+" button on the back. The 5th LED started blinking, as expected. And inclusion works!

• Inquirer
  • Hi Peter and Joacim,

sorry for my late reply.

I followed your suggestion and contacted the support. His advise was to switch into the recovery mode and restart. I did that but the issue is still the same. Lets see how the next advise will look like... I keep you of course informed. 

Regarding your experience you posted yesterday:

"...after a while "learning mode error" was added to the log." - so far I have never seen any message in the Log, it is just blank doesn't matter on which option I click.

And the option with the + button behind the HCL does also not help to include any device

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried to attach a video, showing how hard you can click on the "add" button - but it seem that I am not allowed to upload videos

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" /> ! In the meanwhile I am more and more convinced that it is a hardware issue...

Thanks anyway for following up with this topic.

Nico

Thanks for the update. The problems look very similar, but I agree, like you say, they are not the same. Out of curiosity, did the problem begin after you deleted a device?

• Inquirer
  • Hello everyone! After more then a month the issue is finally solved.

I contacted the Fibaro support (as per your suggestion) and I was surprised how quick they were contacting me. They logged in on my computer and were trying to fix the issue remotely butter several tries without success, I had to send the HCL back to Poland. 

After not even one week I received the fixed HCL back and today everything works properly!  

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

I can´t tell you what the issue was, but it was something that does not happen every day and in the end it was solved by the customer service from Fibaro.

Thanks a lot for following this with me and sorry that I don't have any sufficient explanation what happened.

I wish you all a good start in the new year! Enjoy the time...

Regards,

Nico