Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

dead nodes

Mib

Question

I have a problem with dead nodes. They follow me through every software version. Now I run on 4.058 Beta.

I tried the mesh network reconfiguration. I get tihs result:

[09:00:50] 476: Requesting neighbor list from the node is in progress
[09:01:10] 476: Getting new neighbor list failed

So what does it tell me? What can I do to solve this prob?

Thanks

MIB

OK. So to confirm the wall plug... Can you please try an FGMS motion sensor?

The indicator works slightly different:

1) Press and hold the B-button for 2 to 4 seconds until the LED glows violet.

2) Release the B-button.

3) Press the B-button again, briefly.

4) LED will indicate the Z-Wave network’s range (range signaling modes described below).

5) To exit Z-Wave range test, press the B-button breifly.

Z-Wave range tester signaling modes:

LED indicator pulsing green - Fibaro Motion Sensor attempts to extablish a direct communication with the main controller. If a direct communication attempt fails, sensor will try to establish a routed communication, through other modules, which will be signaled by LED indicator pulsing yellow.

LED indicator glowing green - Fibaro Motion Sensor communica- tes with the main controller directly.

LED indicator pulsing yellow - Fibaro Motion Sensor tries to establish a routed communication with the main controller through other modules (repeaters).

LED indicator glowing yellow - Fibaro Motion Sensor communica- tes with the main controller through the other modules. After 2 seconds the sensor will retry to establish a direct communication with the main controller, which will be signaled with LED blinking in green.

LED indicator pulsing violet - Fibaro Motion Sensor does communicate at the maximum distance of the Z-Wave network. If connection proves successful it will be confirmed with a yellow glow. It’s not recommended to use the sensor at the range limit.

LED indicator glowing red - Fibaro Motion Sensor is not able to connect to the main controller directly or through another Z-Wave network device (repeater).

• Inquirer
  • LED indicator is pulsing green then yellow then purple then a short red light and it starts again with green pulsing ...

If I walk around the house, mine switches between green and yellow, as expected.

So FGWP and FGMS agree that your HC2 doesn't respond. Weird.

To be honest, I don't have "a cunning plan" (I wish Baldrick was here). I think it's interesting to know if your HC2 can work with the FGMS, in absence of all the other modules. But that's easier said than done. Maybe move the HC2 to another floor. Any place.

I hope this is not an oddity of the 4.058 firmware. I doubt it, because I'm running the same version.

• Inquirer
  • I will try tomorrow to move it to another house and check what happens then.

perhaps a sensor with (almost) empty batteries?

i would remove all batteries form all the batterie devices, let them be dead nodes and test if the rest of the network is working as it should

or

youre hc2 is at the end of his life, so tx worked, module on/off but rx faild, no ack so dead node

Great idea! Never tried that myself, so what's going to happen is purely theoretical. After activating Z-Wave, HC2 attempts to contact all powered nodes, sequentially. I *think* it will take 5 seconds per device, before it concluded that the node is dead. So with roughly 60 mains powered devices, the HC2 would be busy for more or less 5 minutes, marking devices dead. I wish I could test that for you but today I can't see how to do that.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

perhaps a sensor with (almost) empty batteries?

i would remove all batteries form all the batterie devices, let them be dead nodes and test if the rest of the network is working as it should

or

youre hc2 is at the end of his life, so tx worked, module on/off but rx faild, no ack so dead node

I mentioned rogue devices before, but I didn't think of removing the batteries! Great teamwork, akatar!

• Inquirer
  • I have no batteries. All devices which are operated with batteries have a transformer. So there is no chance for a low battery.  

Ok I will remove all motion sensors and the one door sensor working as temperature sensor in the pond

then I will restart the HC2.

That's interesting. By "transformer" you mean "stabilized DC power supply"? I know of 2 users that had stability problems on their Universal Binary Sensor. If I remember well, temperature readout was wrong on one of them, can't remember the other. Replacing the power supply fixed that issue.

• Inquirer
  • I mean this:

Please login or register to see this link.

Did test it for 6 months without probs on two motion sensors and one window sensor in the old house before I started to use it for all motion sensors in the new house

Nice module. I've no experience with that particular model. I have a 5 V, but not a 3.3 V. Would be interesting to test it though. Maybe, purely theoretically speaking, the output ripple and noise could cause trouble. Maybe the distance between the converter and the sensor comes into play (RF interference). Honestly, I don't know. All modules were included in the new house?

• Inquirer
  • send me a pm I ship you one which is left and you can test it.

the distance between module and converter is aprox. 10cm but I will make them all dead this afternoon.

Yes they were included in new house.

• Inquirer
  • OK all motion sensors are without electricity. Door sensor fuse taken out. Test started:

[14:35:03] 476: Requesting neighbor list from the node is in progress
    [14:35:22] 476: Getting new neighbor list failed
    [14:35:52] 476: Getting new neighbor list failed

wallplug same behaviour. green then purple pulsing then red.

No change.

Probably stupid newbie proposal: Unscrew and remove antenna from HC2. Check antenna and counterpart. Attach antenna again. Make sure that screw is well fastened.

• Inquirer
  • @

: good idea. I tried this but no change.

• Inquirer
  • @

: the support seems to be the last chance.

On monday I will ask the electrician what it will cost me to change from Fibaro products to normal stuff.

In the meantime I can live without home automation as long as I can simply turn on and off lights whenever I want.

MIB

• Inquirer
  • OK - I wrote to the support. Let us see if they will answer and have a clue or a solution.

I will let you know what is going on.

Thanks for your time and patience!

MIB 

After upgrading to 4.059 beta, I've got exactly the same as Mib. Dead nodes. Probing the network fails (pulsing green, yellow, violet and solid red). Soft Reconfiguration ends in "4096: Reconfiguration process failed". And reorganizing the mesh gives: "Getting new neighbor list failed". Edit: I've tried another wall plug and it seems to work. Going to check that rogue plug now.