Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

dimmer 2 not dimming at all

roelnic

Goodmorning,

I installed a dimmer 2 in a very simple setting, just trying to understand the concept at first. 

I installed it exacly like this video: 

Result:

- dimmer2 is found as device in my hc2lite

- I can switch on / off a regular bulb (40w)

- however it is not possible to dim the bulb (sliding via the webinterface simply does have no effect).

Anyone a suggestion how to fix?

And one another question: In my fibaro webinterface I see three 'dimmer devices'. 2 are working, one is not. What is de difference between those three?

Best regards,

Roel Nicolai

beginner in electricity, fibaro, dimmers

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think you didn't connect it as specified in the manual. I recommend you to try out the "3 wire" diagram, it offers better performance that 2-wire.

Its possible that during the auto callibration was the bulb detected as not dimmable. Try to check  Parameter 32. It happen to me once as well. 

Its possible that during the auto calibration was the bulb detected as not dimmable. Try to check  Parameter 32. It happen to me once as well.

True. This would happen if you first tried with a non-dimmable type, then changed to a different lamp type. If you did that, please try to set parameter 13 to 1, to force an auto-calibration. You should observe the dimmer go through different power (phase) levels...

The dimmer presents itself as three "instances" in Z-Wave speak. The difference is rather technical.

works for me

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Devices disappear from the mobile app though... can not find any lighting under "lighting devices" in the app.

Any ideas?

• Topic Author
  • just tried and it worked. 

I did indeed switch bulbs (first led 2*4w dimmable, then traditional bulb 40w)

parameter 13 > value 1 did the job. 

Thanx