Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion Sensor

Doug

Question

Hi

I have just installed a HC2 with version 4.056. I have added some Danfoss radiator thermostats which went fine, except a couple come up with crosses sometimes. The main issue is with the motion sensors. Both are recording temperature but neither is measuring the light level at all. I have seen a couple of other topics on this, but no recent ones and wondered if this has been resolved.

Doug.

7 answers to this question

Hello Doug,

My bet is that your sensors actually do work but the settings are set too tight to report lux levels.

I have quite of few of them and every room has diffrent min and max lux levels.

Check your parameter 40, i bet it is quite high, set it to 10 and your lux will probably start working.

Basicly it means only report if lux changes are more then X (in my case 10)

Good luck:)

• Inquirer
  • Hi

Interestingly, one sensor is fine with those settings, which is the one picking up something but not changing. The other one I have is set the lux to 0. This one wouldn't let my change it below 200, meaning when I saved the setting, it didn't change it under 200, which seems to be the default.

Doug.

• Inquirer
  • I have just carried out the range test and found, probably because I don't have many modules yet, that its not actually in range!!

More modules then!

Doug.

If you cant change the value something prob went wrong in adding the device.

You might want to reinclude the device.

So the working one whats the paramater 40 value? 200?

Caus most of my rooms dont even have a change of 200 in lux between light and dark thus its never changes lux values as they dont get reported beyond 200 lux( default setting)

edit:

ah just seen your last post:)

Range is a must^^

• Inquirer
  • Yes, I must add some of the lights, which is scheduled for tomorrow. I have most of the lighting modules wired in so that will improve the messing ability, I hope!!

Doug.

ye and an advice on this is when you are adding devices start with the ones closest to the hc2 and fan out from there leave the baterie operated ones for last

I recently had a similar problem with the motion sensor. it never reported temperatur nor lux levels. I solved it by first excluding it, then resetting it (look in the manual of the sensor, it is described there how to reset it) and finally i included it again. After that it worked fine.

could be worth a try, it only takes like 2-3 minutes to do