Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How do I fix this error - To many instances

daniemare

Question

Hi All,

I have received the following message (attached) regarding a scene to run my swimming pool pump at certain dyatime tempratures to push the water through my solar heating panels.

I do not understand what is meant by too many instances with regards to scenes, therefore I do not know how to fix.

The idead is that the scene run at a certain time of the day for ½ hour if it is 28C or warmer. I have an identical scene for 11:30 and one for 13:30

Please help

Thanks

Danie

Please login or register to see this attachment.

10 answers to this question

Hi All,

I have received the following message (attached) regarding a scene to run my swimming pool pump at certain dyatime tempratures to push the water through my solar heating panels.

I do not understand what is meant by too many instances with regards to scenes, therefore I do not know how to fix.

The idead is that the scene run at a certain time of the day for ½ hour if it is 28C or warmer. I have an identical scene for 11:30 and one for 13:30

Please help

Thanks

Danie

Hi
You must set the number "max. Running instances" up to 2 or more.

You can also choose to remove the last two lines in your scenes.
And then create two new scenes to stop the pump.
  • Like 1

Should work if you add a check in the first condition if the pump is not running already.

If Temperature >28 and not running then...

Otherwise you will trigger a new instance every time the temperature changes. And because you have a sleep in there they will not end fast enough and become quite a few that eats ram and cpu time.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks guys.

Cab you also explain why this happens, in order for me to troubleshoot in the future

Because temp can be 28.1 28.2 28.3 28.4 all the way to 80.0 etc... So many many instances triggered!

All the best...

According to a user in another thread my propost solution does not work. Could you try and verify?

• Inquirer
  • Please login or register to see this link.

Hi Powertripforum.

Why will the continuous temperature possibilities trigger many instances. The first test in the scene in the argument is an exact point in time 11:30. So if not 11:30, the temperature movements should not matter should it?  And the delay in the shut off part of the scene is within the ( ) so the rest of the scene should not be constantly monitored. Or maybe I just have no clue

Please login or register to see this link.

I am still Testing your option Joacim. It does not make sense for me however as I do not know why the constant change in temperature got any bearing. The first part of the argument is AN EXACT TIME. So to test temperature is only necessary at a point in time, and not all the time.

Oh I missed that part, I'm not a blocker so I didn't realise that. Exact time seems however to be concatenated to closest minute so I suppose maybe there's time to report a couple of times during that minute. What if you increase to 10 instances? Do you get any random errors or are all of them concentrated to that minute?

• Inquirer
  • Ah Joacim. That might be a possibility. Will see what I can donto address that

Should work if you add a check in the first condition if the pump is not running already.

If Temperature >28 and not running then...

Otherwise you will trigger a new instance every time the temperature changes. And because you have a sleep in there they will not end fast enough and become quite a few that eats ram and cpu time.

Does that mean that you need to convert every scene to LUA to add such a condition Check. I am amazed at why Fibaro has added such a feature if "normal" people can not make it work. I have a scene that changes a variable everytime the house has not detected motion. I have set to 10 instances but still get the error. What can i do?

Wow no I really don't know how the compiler interper that code. I can not understand what will happen if you put a sleep in the first if case, seems wrong but can not tell you why. Red means 'wait this time',yes? What happen if you remove the red timers and instead increase the time before the sensors report safe?

No I once thought that you would have to create a global var for every scene but usually i suppose it should be enough to check if the intended action already have the desired state.

Ie.

- If motion and lamp is off then turn light on.