Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Motion Sensor Constant False Triggers

Guest fat

Question

Guest fat

Hi All,

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me out. I have 2 Fibaro Motion Sensors in my house and one works perfectly and the other use to work perfectly but now constantly triggers for no reason. The sensor was working fine for months and in the last few days it has started to breach all the time

I contacted support and was told that air movement and light changes can cause triggers but even in the middle of the night with all windows and blinds shut it still triggers every few minutes. I was told to reduce sensitivity of parameters 1 to 4 and now I have to walk right up to the sensor and waive my arms around for it to trigger which makes it useless as a motion sensor but it still triggers. Right now without any motion it is showing stuck in breached for more than 30 minutes

I have tried exclude/include, exclude/reset/include and reducing parameter 1 to 60

8 answers to this question

Had same problem, have replaced battery and it back to normal.

The interesting thing is that I didn't see that the battery is low on GUI and no notification has been received from HC2.

In addition please pay attention that the sensor requires CR123A 3.6V battery, usually this type of battery comes as 3V only.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest fat
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks guys. After changing parameter 1 is flashes when it detects movement but it doesn't send that to HC2. So now it has gone from constant false triggers to not triggering at all

Changed to what value? 

Did you replace the battery?

Guest fat
  • Inquirer
  • I changed it to 40 IIRC. Haven't changed the battery yet because I am away for work. I will have to look for a battery on my way home tomorrow

Guest fat
  • Inquirer
  • I just replaced the batteries. Restored parameter 1 to default and woke up the device. It is still showing as stuck on breached for 3.5 hours. Fibaro have suggested I send it back for warranty. I hope DHL to Poland isn't too expensive for something so small

Guest wjohn
  • Inquirer
  • I just replaced the batteries. Restored parameter 1 to default and woke up the device. It is still showing as stuck on breached for 3.5 hours. Fibaro have suggested I send it back for warranty. I hope DHL to Poland isn't too expensive for something so small

you should be able to return to the local supplier for replacement 

Guest fat
  • Inquirer
  • Yeah I am going to post it back to the seller in my country. Sending to Poland was going to cost more than a replacement unit.