Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Access Command class from LUA?

Siddler

Question

I have an Aeon Labs bulb which is currently only partially supported by Hc2 - dimming, and switching to one of 8 pre-set colours via paramters 37 and 38.

I emailed Aeon Labs regarding full RGB support and they say the only way to change the color setting without param 37 or 38 is through the use of the color command class.  To dim the RGB color setting, the Multilevel Switch V2 command class should be used which are all pre-defined Z-Wave command classes that the gateway you are using must support.

Is it possible to access the Multilevel Switch V2 command class via LUA / or virtual devices, or does it require the bulb to be properly registered with the Fibaro and have a template etc. ... which probably isn't going to happen any time soon????!

Thanks...

6 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • So there's nothing in the docs on developer.fibaro.com that allows you to get command class access?

So there's nothing in the docs on developer.fibaro.com that allows you to get command class access?

You say that like you know the answer already

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Same class that Zipato bulb uses no? and i have one of them that works! I might be mistaken but sure i read something on another controller they added support for v3 zipato and aeon worked after!

• Inquirer
  •  

You say that like you know the answer already

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just wondering if it was worth spending any time reading through the docs.  You would have thought it would be in Fibaros interest to have users develop the device template given that the user physically has the device to test any implementation.  The user could then just send it to Fibaro for final approval etc.

Same class that Zipato bulb uses no? and i have one of them that works! I might be mistaken but sure i read something on another controller they added support for v3 zipato and aeon worked after!

I imagine it is very similar since its seems to implement a similar multilevel type of class that is used for blinds/rollers etc.  Presumably with a multi-level specified for each one of the RGB+Dim levels.  Not even sure the Hc2 fully supports the Zipato, but even if it did, I doubt there's a simple way to fool the Hc2 that the Aeon bulb is a Zipato bulb....

I also love the way that when you email Fibaro support about pretty much anything, they are quick to reply with a 'not supported yet' email, and then immediately tag it as resolved.   They may as well just automate the whole email support service....obviously, not using the hc2, as it wouldn't be supported ....yet  

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Just wondering if it was worth spending any time reading through the docs.  You would have thought it would be in Fibaros interest to have users develop the device template given that the user physically has the device to test any implementation.  The user could then just send it to Fibaro for final approval etc.

I imagine it is very similar since its seems to implement a similar multilevel type of class that is used for blinds/rollers etc.  Presumably with a multi-level specified for each one of the RGB+Dim levels.  Not even sure the Hc2 fully supports the Zipato, but even if it did, I doubt there's a simple way to fool the Hc2 that the Aeon bulb is a Zipato bulb....

I also love the way that when you email Fibaro support about pretty much anything, they are quick to reply with a 'not supported yet' email, and then immediately tag it as resolved.   They may as well just automate the whole email support service....obviously, not using the hc2, as it wouldn't be supported ....yet  

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

I agree with everything you said

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> right down to the shoddy customer support!