Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sensative Strips

fi-bar-oh

I have just bought one of these for the back door and all is working well and probably was the easiest device to include.

Only issue i have with it is the fact it double sends a command for opening and closing.

Setup a simple scene to push an alert to me phone to tell me when the door has been opened and with the Fibaro ones get one alert and with the Strip, i get 2.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hey guys,

can you tell me how to turn those off? I contacted sensative but no answer.

Basically what if for any reason the Home Center is not available for comunication? If that happens, usually the batteries goes down faster. It is not that big problem with sensors, where you can exchange the baterry, but with this one.

So lets say my HC2 needs to go for repair. How do I turn this sensor off? IS the round magnet on it something like power button? And how do I know it is off?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

So update to my previous comment. The SS battery died 1 week ago so only managed to get 3 months use out of it. 

It was mounted to our back door that was used about 4 or 6 time a day. 

Got on order the the Aeon Labs corner door sensor now. Lets see how this one fairs up.

Link to the Aeon Labs door sensor on amazon: - 

Please login or register to see this link.

let's be clear, there is 480mAh battery inside, an µC (F980CBRI marking) for what so ever, 2 hall sensors, z-wave plus 5-series IC and LED. What the µC need, no idea, but let's count know things. Hall sensor need up to 1mA (but this might be 5mA as well) each time you open the door/window, the LED takes 5mA, the z-wave chip 34mA to send the data = total 40mA. That said we have enough energy for 12h continuous transmition (data send/receive right after door/window open), of course z-wave frame takes only xxx ms, then the z-wave SoC is sleeping for (max 24hrs). When sleeping, with wakeup set to 24hrs, the 480mAh battery is good for 20 years. Now when using it 5 time a day, that means 10 times data transmition, so 4 second per day (measuren with zwave zniffer), plus 2 second per wakeup (once a day). That would be good for 20 years, with full battery but we have to take in count the idle consumption, so i would say (without any math hehe) 10yrs max. In real environment (e.g. door not fully open so multiple triggers, outside/inside temperature changes, inclusion/exclusion, reconfiguration, µC and other parts consumption, ufo, etc.) this will be much less, i would say 3 yrs max. for often used Moduls and 5 yrs for the others. Btw, the manufacturer said "10 years battery life", they using LiMnO2 battery with shelf life up to 10 years, so maybe as they said "10years" they spoke about battery itself (or maybe they did same math as i did but marketing decided to use that higher number).

So update to my previous comment. The SS battery died 1 week ago so only managed to get 3 months use out of it. 

It was mounted to our back door that was used about 4 or 6 time a day. 

Got on order the the Aeon Labs corner door sensor now. Lets see how this one fairs up.

Link to the Aeon Labs door sensor on amazon: - 

Please login or register to see this link.

After updating to v4.090 my ss reported low battery for a couple of days, after doing a soft reconfig the strip reported full battery again.

Installed it without problems, requires a template. XML file sent to support, did get feedback as to being accepted.

P.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have a device but I have a problem with it. Sometimes it shows the closure correctly and sometimes after some time it shows the correct condition. How to solve it ?