Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Nest Thermostat setting temperature in LUA

mrtn

Question

Hi all

I am trying to create a scene that changes the setpoint temperature of my Nest thermostat to 10 degrees after windows have been opened. I want the setpoint temperature to be set back to its previous setting once windows are shut.

The first part is easy as I have used IFTTT with a Maker channel. But it doesn't look like it's possible to set it back to previous setting through IFTTT.

I have the Nest plugin installed which works fine and when I create a new LUA scene, the only action event is 'SetMode' and looks as follows:

Please login or register to see this code.

Unfortunately there is not too much information available on this so any help would be much appreciated.

1 answer to this question

• Inquirer
  • Okay, I have managed to get it to work.

As it's taken me a while to figure it out, below is a guide as somebody may need to do this at some point.

The aim of the scene is to turn Nest to 10 degrees if any of my two windows or balcony door are open and change Nest back to its previous setting once all windows and balcony door are shut.

1. Install Nest plugin in Fibaro's admin panel

2. Go to below link and add my recipe on IFTTT. You will have to connect your Nest with IFTTT and add its details. Do not change the temperature field - it must have "Value1" in it. (This step assumes you have got the Maker channel connected on IFTTT - if not go to channels and obtain your key, you will need it later on). You will find my recipes in link below:

Please login or register to see this link.

3. Create new LUA scene in Fibaro. Below is an example of the code I use, which I have put together from bits I have found on google:

NB I have addedd my comments using " --*** " please remove this from your code

Please login or register to see this code.