Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to set D/W sensor temperature offset with decimals

theoverriet

Question

I have D/W sensors with temperature sensors. In the module setting you can set an offset for the temperature measurement. It's via a slider that slides from 0,61, 1,82, to 3.03 etc. After saving however the offset is set to the nearest integer value below the value set. So 0,61 results in an offset of 0, 1,82 in an offset of 1 and 3.03 in an offset of 3. This is not what I am looking for. I want to be able to set a more accurate offset.

You can enter the offset manually (not using the slider) but this entered value isn't saved at all.

Anyone any ideas? 

9 answers to this question

I have D/W sensors with temperature sensors. In the module setting you can set an offset for the temperature measurement. It's via a slider that slides from 0,61, 1,82, to 3.03 etc. After saving however the offset is set to the nearest integer value below the value set. So 0,61 results in an offset of 0, 1,82 in an offset of 1 and 3.03 in an offset of 3. This is not what I am looking for. I want to be able to set a more accurate offset.

You can enter the offset manually (not using the slider) but this entered value isn't saved at all.

Anyone any ideas? 

Hi
Maybe it's because it's a battery-powered module.
After saving the setting, wait until the module has wakeup and has registered the change, or you have to wake it manually.
The module must register the change before such. make a backup or make more changes in the same module.

• Inquirer
  • That does not seem to be the problem. The settings are saved when using the slider. Immediately. And you know, I can live with the slider if it saves the exact setting I set it to, but why doesn't it save that exact setting I set? Why is 1.82 saved as 1? Am I missing something?

That does not seem to be the problem. The settings are saved when using the slider. Immediately. And you know, I can live with the slider if it saves the exact setting I set it to, but why doesn't it save that exact setting I set? Why is 1.82 saved as 1? Am I missing something?

Hi

What d/w sensor have you?

I have the same problem using temperature sensor connected to Universal Binary Sensor. 

I am able to set offset using slider, and this is not possible to set the exact value with the slider.

Then after save it is rounded down to integer value. As the result it is not possible to set offset value to -2 (slider allows -1.81 which after save is rounded to -1 and -3.03 which is rounded to -3)

Any hints?

Same problem here with Eurotronics Comet-Z thermostat. The offset is -2 degrees, but i can only set to -1 or -3. 

Any ideas or somebody solved the issue?

Here's a workaround found in the Bugzilla notes for this long-time bug (Thanks to candrea77 for posting there):

1) Create a virtual device and use this lua code in a custom button:

VD = Net.FHttp("127.0.0.1", 11111)
    VD = VD:PUT("/api/devices", '{"id": 27,"properties": {"offset": 2.8}}');

2) Replace the ID "27" with your temperature device ID and the offset "2.8" with the desidered one!

3) Save the virtual device.

4) Push/Execute the button you just created.

This will adjust the value as needed. It's also possible to use negative values.

Edited by RoninMC
    • Like 1

Does anyone know if this offset is also taking into account to adjust the temperature or only to change the display temperature? I have the impression it's only used to change the display and it's not used to adjust the temperature.

Anyone who has experience with this?