Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to adjust room temperature with Danfoss RS Room Sensor?

hcluser

Question

Problem description:

Cannot control or adjust the room temperature with the Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor. The settings in the radiator thermostat are not updated (no change).

System setup:

Danfoss Living connect Z radiator thermostat (014G0013) is installed in the living room.

Temperature is controlled by the Home Center Light (4.061 Beta) via Heating panel and schedule heating programs. Works alright.

Manual adjustment directly on the radiator thermostat and via HCL (Devices) is also working fine. All is good.

I have bought new Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor (014G0160) and would like to adjust the living room temperature with it.

Device is installed and shown in the living room.

Manual adjustment via buttons (up / down) of the room sensor is shown in the HCL interface.

However the settings from the Room Sensor are not taken over by the radiator thermostat. No update. The room sensor is not linked to the radiator thermostat. The radiator thermostat does not care about the room sensor settings.

Configuration Room Sensor:

Parameter 6 Set-point control function: Enabled

Parameter 7 Temporarily override scheduler: Enabled

Parameter 8 Set-point type in Thermostat_Setpoint_Reports: Heating

What is wrong?

How can I use the Room Sensor to temporarily manually adjust the room temperature?

Edited by hcluser

18 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi, yes the RS room sensor is set to the main thermostat as well as main temperature sensor in that room.

did you ever resolve this? looks like bad device to me... not just fibaro but across the board! might be going back unless i see a realistic solution

• Inquirer
  • So far I could not fix the problem. I am still waiting for a reply from somebody who can adjust the room temperature with this device.

I agree with you: Bad device and no support. And nobody cares. Just back luck!

Problem description:

Cannot control or adjust the room temperature with the Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor. The settings in the radiator thermostat are not updated (no change).

System setup:

Danfoss Living connect Z radiator thermostat (014G0013) is installed in the living room.

Temperature is controlled by the Home Center Light (4.061 Beta) via Heating panel and schedule heating programs. Works alright.

Manual adjustment directly on the radiator thermostat and via HCL (Devices) is also working fine. All is good.

I have bought new Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor (014G0160) and would like to adjust the living room temperature with it.

Device is installed and shown in the living room.

Manual adjustment via buttons (up / down) of the room sensor is shown in the HCL interface.

However the settings from the Room Sensor are not taken over by the radiator thermostat. No update. The room sensor is not linked to the radiator thermostat. The radiator thermostat does not care about the room sensor settings.

Configuration Room Sensor:

Parameter 6 Set-point control function: Enabled

Parameter 7 Temporarily override scheduler: Enabled

Parameter 8 Set-point type in Thermostat_Setpoint_Reports: Heating

What is wrong?

How can I use the Room Sensor to temporarily manually adjust the room temperature?

Yes you can,

When you change the temperature on the Danfoss RS you have to push the button and set a time other than 0h.

Now a manual mode with the temperature will be set in the heating panel.

Sorry to say but it can not work on HCL at the moment.  There is no integration between the heating panel and the RS. No matter what button you push on the RS it will not get transferred to the radiator.

On HC2 this can be achieved with a bit of LUA code. 

• Inquirer
  • Latest matter in this topic is: Problem NOT solved! No feedback or action from FIBARO Support.

The latest software version 4.110 of the Home Center Lite (HCL) also does not fix the problem. Still can not overwrite the existing heating schedule.

The heating thermostat (radiator control) in the same room are unchanged! The settings from the Danfoss Room Sensor are ignored. Always and no matter what.

So the Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor is useless and a waste of money. Nonetheless this device is officially named by FIBARO as a supported device!

I have the same problem, I thought I could replace my Secure thermostat with Danfoss tempsensor but I can not associate it with something.

I have HCL with 4.110

I too have bought Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor only  to find out it's not usable with HCL :( (ver. 4.110)

I wish I read this topic before purchase. I hope Fibaro fixes the problem sometime (soon).

I want to be able to set the temperature in a specific room(s) simply with a push of a button beside regular daily/weekly program.

What are the alternative options to Danfoss RS ? Maybe someone can share experience.

I read that Devolo clone of Danf. RS is working almost with full functionality being visually identical in hardware only FW seemingly different.

Little late to answer this. But if it could help someone...

RS interaction with a Danfoss LC requires firmware 3.0.2 in the LC. But... 3.0.2 i just half Z-wave compliant. I exchanged a 13  LC vers 1.0.6 2 years ago for free to 3.0.2 to make i work with my RS units. At that time I was using a Danfoss/Thermia Link and also though later firmware was better. NOT !!!!! Today I have started to use Fibaro HC2 and have now noticed that all my LC units are useless with third party zwave controllers like HC2. If I would have stayed with firmware 1.0.6 these LC:s would have worked flawlessly with my HC2. When Danfoss upgraded to firmware 3.0.2 they broke parts of the Zwave protocol. This is the reason you have to be careful when buying LC:s. Today I really want all version 1.0.6 back !

I think Popp is actually a Danfoss product and looks exactly like the Danfoss LC. If I got this right, Popp can report temperature back to the HC2 unit, which is not possible with the Danfoss LC regardless of firmware.

/Peo

Guest FredrikKarlsson

I am sure that if you were to use Danfoss's controller, then the connection between devices would immediately be set up for you, but I suspect that what is wrong here is that you have not connected the two devices. I guess that this is what you discovered also. I had a quick look, but I cannot find a manual for the room sensor that describes association groups for the sensor, but so far I have not been able to find a manual that provides this information. The only manual I find is this one:

Please login or register to see this link.

and this description does not help us very much :-)

Anyway, do you have a manual that describes the association groups of the danfoss sensor? If not, I would start adding the LC device into groups of the sensor, and note which one is the multilevel control group.

However, I suspect that with a battery operated device on the receiver end, there will be a delay in the receiving thermostat reacting.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I talked about this with Danfoss product manager here in CZ. He said to me, that function control valves from RS is doing their central unit, not Danfoss RS itself.

So far i asked Fibaro last year to do it and they answered, it could be good add to their system and they will think of this. So maybe it will be presented in some update this year.

So what we asked Fibaro to do:

Temporary override of scheduling in heating panel, which means set manual mode on for some time, if somebody manually change temperature on Z-Wave thermostat (main thermostat in room), e.g. Heatit.

1 minute ago, jakub.jezek said:

I talked about this with Danfoss product manager here in CZ. He said to me, that function control valves from RS is doing their central unit, not Danfoss RS itself.

So far i asked Fibaro last year to do it and they answered, it could be good add to their system and they will think of this. So maybe it will be presented in some update this year.

Temporary override of scheduling in heating panel, which means set manual mode on for some time, if somebody manually change temperature on Z-Wave thermostat (main thermostat in room), e.g. Heatit.

I got 13 LC:s with firmware 1.0.6 version replaced for free to 3.0.2 two years ago directly by a tech guy at Danfoss because of the fact this was a problem for RS to correctly communicate with LC. The RS to LC problem was also direct info from Danfoss. This was together with a Danfoss link unit and not with a third party unit like HC2.  I have been a beta tester for Danfoss/Thermia. But that of course does not mean I know or understand everything correctly. :) I m relatively new to Zwave and have used a HC2 just for a month. 

Today am thinking of throw my Danfoss link integration with the heat pump away and connect the LCs to my Fibaro HC2. BUT.... That is not possible due to what I mentioned above in the earlier post as 3.0.2 is just half zwave standard compliant whereas 1.0.6 (and I think one version 2.x as well) is perfectly fine with HC2. Also... The LC firmware is not replaceable. So I have to buy new LC:s if I want to integrate the LCs with fibaro HC2. As this will be expensive, I will stay on my Danfoss link central unit for the heating system for now and use HC2 för everything else.

For interested people I can tell how the LC unit works internally with adjustments and the 3 built in temp sensors in the LC and on what radiators it wont work with. But in that case it will be in another thread.

/Peo

6 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

I´ll dubbel post answers to you instead of update the other post... I think the Danfoss CZ guy is wrong regarding the RS. If the processing is done in the central unit it would probably be possible to go around the problem I mentioned. But it is not as far as I know. LC firmware related. After I got the new firmware LCs it also worked. This as the SE Danfoss tech guy said. And you can read my post above. 

The RS must be placed maximum of 6m from the LC (

page 2) which probably indicates a requirements to talk directly.

You could also have for example two LCs in a room together with one RS (I have). Then the RS temp steer both LCs instead of that the LCs works independently of each other even if in the same room. 

/Peo

29 minutes ago, pos said:

I´ll dubbel post answers to you instead of update the other post... I think the Danfoss CZ guy is wrong regarding the RS. If the processing is done in the central unit it would probably be possible to go around the problem I mentioned. But it is not as far as I know. LC firmware related. After I got the new firmware LCs it also worked. This as the SE Danfoss tech guy said. And you can read my post above. 

The RS must be placed maximum of 6m from the LC (

page 2) which probably indicates a requirements to talk directly.

You could also have for example two LCs in a room together with one RS (I have). Then the RS temp steer both LCs instead of that the LCs works independently of each other even if in the same room. 

/Peo

Ok, but i had one version 3.2 on my desk (if you mean valve firmware) and i could not manage to get full integration to Fibaro or Danfoss RS without Danfoss controller. So far as i know, there is not much to set to control LC-13 valves in Danfoss RS parameters. I admit it's a long time since i read manual to Danfoss RS. In CZ distance between thermostat and valve in residence will not across 6 meters.

Also i think it will be best if Fibaro makes one thing with Heating panel. So if i will change temperature from thermostat, than i get that "setpoint", also known as desired temperature, to Danfoss valves. For that i do not need to be limited by buying Danfoss RS and i will rather use Heatit (design) and it has relay.

6 hours ago, pjjarzembowski said:

I have Find something like this:

but it works only on HC2.

I dont think that will work as you want.

/Peo

On 5/16/2016 at 5:57 PM, Momos said:

Sorry to say but it can not work on HCL at the moment.  There is no integration between the heating panel and the RS. No matter what button you push on the RS it will not get transferred to the radiator.

On HC2 this can be achieved with a bit of LUA code. 

I use this thermostat in my projects. It works fine. BUT ONLY WITH Fibaro HC2 and LUA. For any help please write me to [email protected]