Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

TKB Dimmer Socket

andyp

Question

I have installed a TKB Dimmer Socket to control a table lamp in my hall connected to Fibaro motion detector. The scene sets the lamp at 80% initially and when no motion is detected for a set time it reduces it to 25% and turns it back up when motion is detected etc. I know there is no template for this device and may be that is my problem. I have requested one from Fibaro.

However the issue is the bulb flickers for a while when it first comes on, it has a dimmable LED bulb in it. After about 20 minutes it settles down. Anyone else experiences this or have a cure for it ?

Thanks

Andy

4 answers to this question

Yes it is an LED dimmable bulb. Philips 9W.

I have seen LED and CFL bulbs labelled as dimmable that don't when the dimming level is low .

I haven't used the device you mention but have seen behavior like this fibaro dimmer modules and TKB in wall dimmer lights switches. I also tried the fibaro bypass unit and this didn't solve the issue

My solution was to use ordinary incandescent or halogen based bulbs. I know that its not an energy efficient solution but I reckoned that using a dimmer would offset any benefit from using a dimmable CFL or LED

just my 2 cents....

Yes I had real issues with LED bulbs with LOW dimmer settings...some manufactures are better than others. I think my philips ones I trashed due to this problem...but can't be sure...long while ago.