Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[NOT SOLVED] Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor (014G0160)

hcluser

Question

Do you use the Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor (014G0160) with your HCL-Gateway?

If so please reply how it works. Can you adjust the room temperature with it?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by hcluser

16 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • For your information

Problem is not solved.

Solution is not available.

Topic is not under clarification at Fibaro support.

No it is not really usable. When you change the temperature the other Danfoss devices will not be synchronized. When you use the heating panel it will also reset the temperature that you have set through the device back within a minute.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for your feedback. I have made the same experience.

Do you know which type of controller (room sensor) is working without trouble with the Home Center Light Gateway? Any recommendation?

• Inquirer
  • Well for me the conclusion is: Do not buy and do not use the Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor (014G0160) with your HCL-Gateway.

Don't know why such kind of useless device was added to the software update Version 4.058 Beta.

• Inquirer
  • Is really nobody using the Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor (014G0160) with ar HCL-Gateway?

​For what is this device added to the SW Update HCL 4.080?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Imo Fibaro coders just forgot to integrate it in the heating panel.  It is a good device but needs some love from the Fibaro team- aka do the job properly

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

• Inquirer
  • Any news? The next winter is coming and nothing changed!

Still wondering if any Fibaro HCL Gateway is using this device?!

Dnia 21.10.2016 o 17:47, hcluser napisał:

Any news? The next winter is coming and nothing changed!

Still wondering if any Fibaro HCL Gateway is using this device?!

Hello,

What help do you need exactly? Is there an issue with functioning of the device?

Or do just have questions about how to use the device?

Hi Konopka :)

short answer yes. There is a problem with the device .  I made several posts describing exactly what is wrong with it. 

Setting the manual override from the room sensor doesn't get transmitted correctly. The temperature is ok, goes to hc2 which in turn sends it to the radiator valves in the same heating zone but the time for which the manual override is set from the room sensor doesn't go to the radiator valves. 

Please check the other threads / posts about this as there are quite a few of us having this issue

thank you

Edited by Momos

• Inquirer
  • Hello Konopka,

As Momos described it is not possible to adjust the room temperature.

In detail:

Add the device Danfoss Z-Wave RS Room Sensor (014G0160) to your Home Center Light.

Link the Danfoss device to a room (e.g. living room). Note: In the same room are also thermostat(s) for your radiator(s) installed.

Set the Danfoss device as your room temperature sensor.

Adjust the temperature with the Danfoss room sensor device by pushing the buttons up or down.

You will see the new temperature is correctly transmitted and shown in the HCL user interface.

BUT: The thermostats for the radiator(s) are not updated. No change. In other words the adjustment has no real effect to your heating control.

Example:

Set the room temperature with the Danfoss Z-Wave Room Sensor to 25 °C.

You will see the settings are correctly transmitted to the HCL interface (the icon your living room). It will show 25 °C for 2 hours.

Check the icons of your thermostats in the same room. No change. Still show e.g. 22 °C.

Very easy to reproduce since it is permanent malfunction. This kind of Danfoss device never worked together with HCL. Neither mine nor with any other HCL user. Since two years.

• Inquirer
  • Just wondering if there are any news in this topic? Because the problem is not solved.

I still hope Fibaro Support will fix this issues one day.

By using the RS it should take over and make the LC13 a dumb slave device that in turn should not use its internal air temp sensor for valve regulation. So the RS is not about show temp in the room and transmit a new set point to the LC13 display.

Example:

If you have the LC13 for regulating a floor heating system in a room, the LC13 is maybe sitting next to to the circulation pump for the floor in a closet or any other small compartment. Change from 21°C to 22°C on an RS and have it transmitted to an LC13 makes no sense. You want to transmit that the LC13 should be open or not. Not a temperature. The temperature in the LC13 compartment is irrelevant here.

Example:

If you apply the above on a big room with 2 or 3 LC13 and one RS, the RS can regulate the three radiators synchronously so the radiators would be equally hot instead of being regulated one by one. An extra plus is of course that the temp sensor also is better placed in the room.

This is how the RS works in a "Danfoss link" or "Thermia link" (proprietary zwave system for heating). The problem was that to use this special feature with the RS integration, the LC13 firmware had to be the non open 3.0.2 from Danfoss. What that firmware does in the LC13 I do not know. The free and open LC13 firmware that make it work with HC2 for example also work in a Danfoss/Thermia-link heating setup. But NOT with the RS integration I described above. For that the proprietary 3.0.2 firmware was needed. And if using 3.0.2 firmware, it wont work with HC2.

@T.Konopka Do you have any updates of this?

Tnx

/Peo

Edited by pos

As the things are for the moment lc13 cannot use an external temperature sensor.

Im wondering though if Danfoss da can be used with the Fibaro trv?

@T.Konopka what are your thoughts on this?

ITA

Buonasera, io ho un sistema HC2 con testine danfoss lc13 situate all'interno del muro ed il loro funzionamento non mi piace.
    i termosifoni vengono chiusi immediatamente malgrado la temperatura all'interno della stanza non sia quella richiesta.
    posso risolvere con questo dispositivo ? 
    se si, sapreste indicarmi il procedimento corretto ?
    grazie anticipate a tutti

ENG

Good evening, I have a HC2 system with danfoss lc13 heads located inside the wall and I do not like their operation.
    the radiators are closed immediately despite the temperature inside the room is not the one required.
    can I solve with this device?
    if so, could you tell me the correct procedure?
    thanks in advance to everyone

I managed to use the danfoss 014g0160 room sensor with HC2 to control a wall plug. I had to write a lua script that changed the state of the plug (on/off) depending on the temperature reported by the room sensor and the current termostat set point. That plug is controlling a wall mounted heater and I can use the RS to turn the temperature of the room up or down without any problem.  If you can control the state of the other regulators for the floor heating through HC2, then you could solve it in a similar manner. For me it works with goid enough accuracy (temp in the room is always = termostat set point +/- 0.1 C). Have been testing this solution for over 2 weeks and there has been no problems. Of course this is not as elegant as direct connection to the heater set point, etc, but is a good enough workaround for me.