Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2

hansaplast26

Question

Hi,

I have 2 x Fibaro Dimmer 2. 

Both are in the same electric group. when I plug something into a power socket in the same group one of the dimmers happen to switch off the lights. this is about 50% of the time that this happens when plugging something into a socket.

How can i solve this? is the dimmer faulty or is there a configuration setting involved?

5 answers to this question

Its the issue of the dimmer2. Its quite a sensitive device to the not stable current in network. Try to adjust min/max parameters od dimming levels.

Its the issue of the dimmer2. Its quite a sensitive device to the not stable current in network. Try to adjust min/max parameters od dimming levels.

There is something wrong with the electrical installation.  Regardless of how sensitive the Dimmer2 is, plugging something in and out of a socket should not have an effect on the lighting circuit.

Would it be possible to make a drawing of your installation? Like the schematics in the manuals? Because you are new here, I really don't have a clue wether you are a (trained) electrician or not. So I don't know if I am asking too much...

Anyway... from working with other users and from my own (lab) tests I know the FGD-212 can pick up "false signals", if you connect a switch or switches with certain lengths of cabling, running alongside switched and non-switched power lines. I can reproduce issues with version 3.2 and about 5 meter of cable, but there are reports of shorter distances (I think... 3 meter). The newer 3.3 version is very much insensitive to this, in my lab. And it solved issues for quite a few people I've worked with. But I think there are still some reports regarding this. I don't follow all of them. BTW what version is your dimmer?

If you don't have more then a few tens of cm of wire to Sx, S1, S2 then you may have found a different issue. When I have more time, I can try something I haven't done before... I have a socket, directly under an FGD-212 v 3.3. I'll get my drill, vacuum cleaner and halogen lamps and see if I can produce some... nice... - ahem - sparks!

I'v tested with a 400 W halogen lamp and a compressor, FGD-212 set to 25% on a "Philips Warm Glow 9W". Nothing happens. Well, the compressor draws so much current, that I can see the lamp fade slightly, but it doesn't turn off.