Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Slave devices and ID's

dknecht

Question

Hi all,

Before I started this topic, I seached various forums and the internet with Google. The answer is not clear to me, hopefully someone knows.

When I added a new Fibaro FGS222 Switch 2x1,5kW EU in HC2, I see a master/slave overview like this:

----------

Master:

ID 100 (Icon is a box, not a switch like the others)

Slave:

ID 101 (Named "Lamp 1")

ID 102 (Automatically called "100.1")

ID 103 (Named "Lamp 2")

----------

Does anyone know what the purpose is of the slave device with swich icon and ID 102?

Dennis

2 answers to this question

I realize this is an old thread, but i agree. This is utterly confusing. Found another similar thread also, but not answering this question. I get there is something called master/slave, but why create extra devices?

I do not know what to do with the other devices that are generated? They have to be hidden and makes a lot of clutter. 

So.... bump.

There was a time, when Z-Wave devices could only have one function. When "multi" devices appeared, like double relays, Z-Wave had to find a mechanism to expose new functionality without breaking compatibility. For compatibility with older controllers and Z-Wave devices, they decided to offer two interfaces (often called "single" and "multi" instance). The old interface is a duplicate of a function of the new one. In case of a double relay, it is most likely the first relay. So you get three slaves...

If you go to associations, you will find two columns: S for single and M for multi. If you want to control the second relay, both devices have to support M.

By "old" I mean Z-Wave version... I'd say you have to go back several years to find devices that do not support M but they still exist.

Does this help?

Edited by petergebruers
  • Like 1