Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What basic stuff are missing in HC2

KristianO

According to me some generic stuff a really missing in the HC2 to be fully user friendly and act as a trustful home automation system.

- Stability of the system. For me its still a 95% robust system when it comes to availability. The thing I miss the most is the stability in accessing the system outside home. Not only is the External access unreliable its extremely slow. An additional personal VPN is a must.

- SMS/Notifications. Very limited countries are supported when it comes to SMS so that leaves to most people to notifications. That fine.

The problem here is that there is no history as in ALL other apps. The push arrives and if you lunch the app all the notifications are gone. Even if you got a communication issue as above the notifications are gone. Just imagine that you get a notification of a motion trigger, a iron that you forgot, things like home automation are used for and you just open up the app. They are all gone. Cant get them back.

- Personal Plugins. It has be promised but not available for such a long time and the fact its still not available is just a shame.

- House hold energy consumption. The fact that a home automation system cant show my house total energy consumption and display it using a graph. Instead there is no product fully supported and when it works the wall plugs will be measured twice.

- Lack of testing upon releasing new software. I understand that a beta is a beta. But when an official release is made its for me totally surprising that basic features stops from working. Is there a QA team at all? Test scripts?

What are your missing features?

Stability and official root access (will also help with backup/restore)

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Availability/reliability/stability of service... so a proper interface to a UPS/back up power and likewise an interface to a back up/fail over ISP, (USB-modem or other solution). Yes you could build your own, but I believe Fibaro HC2/z-wave should become mainstream not reserved to the few (and more capable/with a special interest). 

BTW why Fibaro so far has not delivered on this is to me unknown. We know they had/(have?) plans...

Guest bozman

Reading logs!

Z-Wave Diagnostics.

These memory leaks drives me crazy!

Better logs so one knows what happens, that will for sure help in testing all betas....!

Stability!!!

Less functions more compability, today things fails that worked in 3.600, how wrong is that?!

Global Functions...

Backup of zwave stick so one can exchange hc2 without all trouble....

Root/os access would simpliefy life alot.

#1 backup and transfer (cloud)

#2 see #1

#3 see #2 or #1

#4 see above

#5 see top

#6 you get the idea

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For a $700 system (here in the US) and not easy to get as well.  This is not worth the money.

Simple things are missing like... here's how to setup your first scene.  And even with that, the user has to know what an error like "to many instances" mean.

Nope, I shouldn't have to.

Oh... And is it getting really hot in here?  I changed the system from C to F and now it appears as though I might be on fire.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Here is my take on what I consider as basic features that should have been available out of the box for such a premium priced product:

• Accessibility to z-wave logs (should at least have a means to allow more advanced/knowledgeable users to be able to read logs of z-wave activities like how Aeon's tool does which empowers more advanced users to better troubleshoot underlying issues or when things break);
  • Ease of replacing failed/faulty the 'Recovery USB Thumbdrive' without having to ship the entire unit back to Poland and leave consumer without a HC2 to run their house with;
  • Standardized commonly used scenes and commonly used global variables which should be baselined so beginners have an easier start and learning curve (example: those scenes in Fibaro marketing videos and materials should have come default with the box but disabled so users who buy the product can turn on if they need it and/or modify from there to suit their setup/environment);
  • A proper text editor/toolkit (for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) that allows users to write LUA scenes with ease and referencing to Fibaro's APIs, JSON, Functions, etc (block scenes are not really working well with the latest architecture changes such as instances limiting).

- A proper text editor/toolkit (for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) that allows users to write LUA scenes with ease and referencing to Fibaro's APIs, JSON, Functions, etc (block scenes are not really working well with the latest architecture changes such as instances limiting).

I guess you are aware of:

Please login or register to see this link.

Do observe that it does not work for latest version, you need to go to the french forum for that:

I guess you are aware of:

Do observe that it does not work for latest version, you need to go to the french forum for that:

Thanks for sharing. I am aware of this tool but I expected Fibaro to release an official one and maintain it with each new HC2/HCL official firmware release, on top of having it for multiple platform instead of just Windows.

Sadly, I no longer run Windows at home. The only Windows system I have is tied to corporate use and lockdown. Wish there is an OS X edition of the tool.

For a $700 system (here in the US) and not easy to get as well.  This is not worth the money.

Simple things are missing like... here's how to setup your first scene.  And even with that, the user has to know what an error like "to many instances" mean.

Nope, I shouldn't have to.

Oh... And is it getting really hot in here?  I changed the system from C to F and now it appears as though I might be on fire.

/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif" alt="attachicon.gif" />

As I said quirky 

I am new to Fibaro and HC2 so I have not yet witnessed any of the flaws/missing features mentioned here. But I would like to mention that this sounds like a symptom of the trade. I have a VeraEdge and tried ZipaBox for 3 weeks. So far the HC2 is a breeze and super stable/mature compared to the other two. Not mentioning Domoticz but as it's free it's entitled to its quirks.

I have a a feeling I might add a few things to the list soon

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Still looking for proper temperature history/graphs and it sounds like I will be looking for/missing energy consumption graphs soon.

Regards

Stian

Use-ability.... How many buttons on my phone do I have to press to turn a light on.... 5 plus waiting for it to connect.

That's what the new widgets are for.

When device widgets become part of the package I agree!

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Such a small addition yet SOOOO powerful!

In addition to what was mentioned here earlier - my two cents:

1. Centralized logging - one place on HC2 where I can see all scene/VD etc log information at the same time to get a quick overview of the system state

2. Boot slots and boot menu - see my other post here from today ......

3. Update stability - we are running our homes with your product Fibaro - please ensure we can do that still after an update or broken device (means I would like to transfer all configuration to another box easily without starting new again ...)

Hope that someone from Fibaro is tracking this and gives some feedback to all the ideas.

React to user wishes are the best way to make a product successful.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks and might be LUA with us

That's what the new widgets are for.

So I have to write a scene to turn a light on, will that let me alter the dimmer?