Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What basic stuff are missing in HC2

KristianO

I want a stable version with templates that used to exist for non fibaro devices in version 3. I also want the abiltity to see the ZWave network to see what is being transmitted from where and when to identify rogue devices or signals. This way, i can fix the issue of my non functional HC2 and not have to rely on Support to deal with it as so far, having waited over a week, and no response from Support, I might as well fix things myself.

I agree with all of the above, plus:

- More detailed CPU usage in real-time, like Unix old "top". This would make it possible to understand if scenes/VDs are designed poorly.

- More detailed memory usage.

- Floor plans with devices placed out, also available in the mobile apps.

- Possibility to replace Yahoo Weather values with own weather station/device.

- Simpler export capabilities (csv-files) for temperature, energy, event logs etc.

- ChromeCast from the mobile apps

1. Backup linked with home.fibaro.com account, atleast

2. Acces with SSH (restricted to get logs and export them)

3. Onscreen (atleast for HC2), there is VGA and i found HDMI there.

4. Table top navigator (somethink similar, could be cheaper, but functional in similar way as C4 table top

Please login or register to see this link.

)

5. PLugins for doorbird and ring would be nice.

6. MORE RAM TO HCL!!!!

Has been a while, don't know if it was ever fixed. But i used to upload a ton of icons, only to find out that if you restore a backup you loose all those icons. Stopped after having that issue. Pretty much didn't touch the device anymore because i felt like it was broken.

• 4 months later...
Guest vipernor

Basic stuff that are missing.

Having a place for documentation for each of the forum VD's and scenes.  I'm talking about the crowd's solution scenes and VD everyone uses. Smartlight, ACWUT, Webcams, WuWeather, Washing is done, Home/Away, HouseStatus, Sonos, Samsung TV, Kodi, Alarm scenes (Fire/Burglary/Energy/Leakage/General) etc  Something like the Vera solution for plugins so you are able to filter out the essence.. some of the developers are now using the first post for this, but..yeah. 

The ability to run the iPad fibaro app on the iPhone and the appleTV. iPhone app needs an overhauling

Stability in software. Alpha and Beta before launch..

Associate multiple smokedetectors so that they are all triggered if fire. Sirens are ok. 

Videogate: Video and doorlock associations. Output to open gate are switches...not doorlocks? 

Good event logs..advanced tap in Event panel or whatever.

And so on..

very sorry to intrude on this but i would love to have those that have not posted in

to please do so now. we need to have as manny people posting there as possible to give fibaro good overview of what we find troubbeling (it allso has been pinned at one point so clearly fibaro has been at very least paying attention to it at some point more posts could lead to renewed interest from them)

now to the question posed in the introductory post (so that i dont get negative votes for miscelaniousposting):

"EDIT": to original post? kuba did not read .)

1.) Stability is allso pretty good for me 4.082 fells really good on HC2 (just dont try it on HCL) annyways: clearly we need some form of diagnostic tools or  (given that HC2 has bunch of spare USBs) way to use pre-existing diagnostic tools/systems for Z-wave.

2.) Short MeSages are alas not going to work unless you are creative or in Poland. so lets be creative: there is such thing as SMS gates and if you pay your fee you get access to X messagess sent throu those . After that you just need to send e-mail into the gateway of SMS and that will retransmit it to your phone and you can do that by simply creating additionall account with e-mail notification that leads to this gateway. and volá! you are getting SMS warnings. (solution provided by HomeSystem.sk and it is located

)

allso edited in (after i realised i did not grasp point of this thread:

now on to what we do need:

1.) Analytics tools, or way to use the USB ports to use USB stick software to analyse Fibaro and its network,

(to emphesize how important the first one is i leave 3 free spaces)

5.) Opt-in Beta (you'd have to register for beta by sending an e-mail) / Beta only for partners or tech support - just some people who can and will test it popertly

6.) More flexible compatibility fixing. perhaps allow users to make and load their templates to Fibaro where those will be included in next beta for testing by other users before being released to public.

7.) allways have one beta release and one stable release you are supporting for each HC, thats 2x 2 things you have to worry about.

And in first week of anny stable release beta versions will be on pause while entire team of developers focuses towards making sure the stable release is hotfixed for anny and all issues. this way while you may falter and make something that dose not work you get many people whom will be trying to fix those issues - it is not about how or even why you fallen short it is how well and fast can you rebound from it and fix your problem - people can forgive alot if you manage fixing it fast.

that ought to be all i think .)

Edited by Kuba13

Get the damn thing open sourced, so we can see what the hell is happening and get the community involved in making this device one of the best.

Get the damn thing open sourced, so we can see what the hell is happening and get the community involved in making this device one of the best.

i do not think that is such a good idea,

altho i do see your point (remeber that too manny coocks make a bad meal?) i would suggest something slightly diffrent along the same lines :  tech partners and or service partners should get access to the system as they are both known entities to Fibaro (should they screw something up there are legal ties to Fibaro which would help resolve it) and have big interest in fixing the software.

Hell i keep thinking that if Fibaro loosened their policies a little bit and allowed users to upload device template from trusted sources it would greatly improve interoperability and hopefully made things bit less frustrating to use.

Official Fibaro version +1  

And a pure breed OS X version +1  

Thanks for sharing. I am aware of this tool but I expected Fibaro to release an official one and maintain it with each new HC2/HCL official firmware release, on top of having it for multiple platform instead of just Windows.

Sadly, I no longer run Windows at home. The only Windows system I have is tied to corporate use and lockdown. Wish there is an OS X edition of the tool.

I use Parallels on my daughters Mac and I use Win 7 at work and home with Kirkroffs toolkit It works lovely on both.

It's better than most big company releases as it is responsive, and it's well maintained.

IMHO there wouldn't be able to be a better version .. but then it's what you get used to I suppose

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Global functions and ( touch wood ) USB backup would be very welcomed also.

Where do the widgets show once you've set them ? I can't find em, so assumed it was a 'coming soon' feature ?

OK so I just swiped down and found them .. wicked...

Cheers,

al.

i do not think that is such a good idea,

altho i do see your point (remeber that too manny coocks make a bad meal?)

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" />

I using, and contributing (a bit), Open Source projects for more then 15 years. I think the 'products' contributed by the Open Source community are far more impressive then just being a bad meal....

I think they made outstanding meal with, icing of the cake, to show us the ingredients needed and handle the tools to make one even better...

/emoticons/default_icon_eek.gif" alt=":shock:" />

I using, and contributing (a bit), Open Source projects for more then 15 years. I think the 'products' contributed by the Open Source community are far more impressive then just being a bad meal....

I think they made outstanding meal with, icing of the cake, to show us the ingredients needed and handle the tools to make one even better...

What i think is that Fibaro fears same thing as i do - inapt or outright bad programming from rokie enthusiasts that would break some important service.

Or mabye they just fear somone will steal their secrets of how hey maintain this system on software side.

Having access restricted to small-ish modding comunity either by desin (complex system and no manual avalible) or avalibility kinda makse sense tho at very least officiall partners and tech partners ought to have an access to said tools.

That i think is far more likely to happen than outright opensourcing this so i would suggest trying to convince Fibaro of that.

Edited by Kuba13

some things i mentioned before

scene -> manual only

scene -> can not retrigger in xx seconds/minutes/hours

scene -> delete timer

all in blocks