Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

This forum is not organized well

1USCustomer

I'm a beginner, so I'm looking for some help... even just configuring Fibaro Devices on HC2.  I have no idea where to go in this forum.  There is no "devices" category.  There are virtual devices and other devices.

If I have a motion sensor that is supposed to have a seismometer on it, and I can't get it to show up, where do I post that?

If I have a leviton device I have questions about, where do I post that?  Other devices?  What "aren't" other devices?

How come there isn't a section on plugins and panels?  What is Modules for?  Plugins and panels because there isn't a modules section on the HC2.

What is the difference between Community support and Knowledge Base?

This forum may have worked well in the past, but it might be time to do some house cleaning prior to your "Full US release in a few weeks"... which has been upcoming for several weeks.

Good luck, I hope you make it work.

Motion sensor 

On advanced tab change tamper setting to seismometer and save. Wake up the device so the setting transfers and it will appear.

You will find help just by beginning for trying to understand i would like to say

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm ironic for the first time in this forum sorry about that but it's criticisam for free without any valid arguments from my humble point of view ...

good luck!

• Topic Author
  • Motion sensor 

On advanced tab change tamper setting to seismometer and save. Wake up the device so the setting transfers and it will appear.

Thanks for the tip.  I set it to seismometer, hit save, and then the system comes back listing it as Tamper.

Like robmac said: Wake up the device so the setting transfers and it will appear.

• Topic Author
  • If you renamed 'devices' in 'modules', would that make live easier?? 

cheers

emiel

Oh.  Yes.  OK, now I know where to put my questions.  Thanks for making that connection for me.

• Topic Author
  • Like robmac said: Wake up the device so the setting transfers and it will appear.

So I did that.  At least, I *THINK* I did that.

I set it to Seismometer, saved it, then went to wake it up, by popping open the back cover and pressing the button 3 times.

That still didn't seem to make it take effect.

Then I thought, well, maybe I have to wake it up before I did the change.

So I woke it up, then made the change.

The seismometer option shows up in the drop down, but as soon as I hit save, it reverts back to tamper.

First make the change, save it, open the back cover and press the button 3 times (it will glow blue), in the top of the webinterface you will see that the change is set, refresh the page and the page will reflect the changes you made.

An observation or two: All the old-timers manage their way around the forum they have been helping to build, and don´t see any problems. They are all very helpful and the new kid will soon feel like the others. No problem - and don´t even think about a search in the forum for it...

So I did that.  At least, I *THINK* I did that.

I set it to Seismometer, saved it, then went to wake it up, by popping open the back cover and pressing the button 3 times.

That still didn't seem to make it take effect.

Then I thought, well, maybe I have to wake it up before I did the change.

So I woke it up, then made the change.

The seismometer option shows up in the drop down, but as soon as I hit save, it reverts back to tamper.

Yes that is confusing but if you do as I say and watch the status at the box at the top of the page.

You will get two messages

1) is the send 

2) is the receive

after you receive message 2, refresh your browser and it will be OK.

If you do not get 2nd message move a little closer to the controller and try again

• Topic Author
  • Yes that is confusing but if you do as I say and watch the status at the box at the top of the page.

You will get two messages

1) is the send 

2) is the receive

after you receive message 2, refresh your browser and it will be OK.

If you do not get 2nd message move a little closer to the controller and try again

It took a few times of doing exactly the same thing (your directions).  But it finally worked.

Thank you for your assistance.

No problem. When you get used to the quirks it will calm down and start to work.