Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Trigger lights between a range of times

amatt

Question

I have a Home center Lite. My motion sensor to turn on my lights if it is between a certain lux in the room and if motion it detected. I have it set to not turn on the lights if it detects 0 lux in the room. This can be good for sleeping but what if it gets dark at 6pm with 0 lux in the room but I'm not ready for bed and want the lights to trigger with motion.

Does anyone know of a solution to only run my scene i created between a certain range of times during the day? thanks for the help

8 answers to this question

Sorry I can't help you, but I'm bumping this topic to hopefully someone else has a solution for it.

I'd use global variable like isDay and switch it in specified times (e.g. 7:00am - isDay = 1; 8:00pm - isDay = 0) and add it to the condition.

• Like 1

I have this in Lua but use a similar approach as rozum

I use a global variable called TOD_Light and switch it between day and night using lux levels - this is done In one scene and I then leverage this global variable in multiple other scenes

Ah yes I guess that can be used by amatt.

I now see I meant it differently than amatt: I want to turn off light at a random time between 23:00 and 23:59 when I'm on holiday. I guess it needs to be done with math.random Lua function.

Ah yes I guess that can be used by amatt.

I now see I meant it differently than amatt: I want to turn off light at a random time between 23:00 and 23:59 when I'm on holiday. I guess it needs to be done with math.random Lua function.

You need HC2 (lua) for this. Let the math.random each morning generate random time (global variable - minutes) between 0-59 and compare times as triggers.

I have HC2 so that's not a problem, but i'm not familiar with the math.random function. I'm going to see if I can make it work.

Edit:

Ah I found it already:

Let a scene create a random number on a specific time:

Please login or register to see this code.

Then, create another scene with the following code:

Edit2:

Seems it generates the same number everytime. I think I've seen it here sometime, gonna search for it.

Maybe this is usefull for you too amatt.

Edit3:

Right, added one extra thing. Thanks to petergebruers :

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • rozum, i followed your suggestion. When setting the active to 1 and the inactive to 0. With 1 being day time (when i wake up) and 0 being the inactive time (when i go to sleep) [see screenshots]. I created a scene when a specific time (9:30) then active = 1 and i created another scene when a specific time (22:00) then inactive = 0 [see screenshots]. I created another scene to trigger the lights come on when motion is triggered in the room [see screenshots]. 

What am i doing wrong?

• Inquirer
  • I have tried everything and it still is not working. i even contacted support and they are not helping. This should be a simple scene but it has turned into many sleepless nights "literally". The only time it "kinda" works is when i run the inactive scene manually. but then if someone triggered it at 4:00 am the lights will come on even though i told the active scene to activate at 8:30. any help would be appreciated.