Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Use S2 on dimmer2 to control Philips Hue dim level

Barlow

Question

Hello All,

I have got a number of Philips Hue GU10 (color) spots sitting behind a dimmer2. I basically have these spots at a dim level of 100% at all times and use the Hue Plugin and scripts leveraging this plugin to control the dim level.

It would be nice (ideal even) if I could attach a switch to S2 on dimmer2. Then capture dim levels from S2 to drive a scene that calls the Hue Plugin to pass on or synchronise the dim levels accordingly.

I know how to set dim levels though the Hue Plugin, but have not been able to figure out how to capture dim levels from S2 on dimmer2. Is there anyone who could give me a pointer?

I appreciate all the help you can give me! 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Cheers,

Barry

4 answers to this question

I just don't understand why you connectHUE lamps on dimmer? I have 27 HUE lamps and controlling them with modified VD and works like charm.

Is it because HUE lamps turn on after electricity disruption? This is easily solved with scene that monitors wall plug for power consumption and turns them off after electricity is back. Of course there is a catch with this solution, HC2 must be supplied with UPS (uninterruptable power supply).

I have mix of hue bulbs and dimmers. With the logitech ultimate remote you have slider to set the brightness of lights. Hue bulbs and fibaro dimmers will synchronize accordingly . 

There is a way to fire up scene with S2 switch which can then check dimming level of dimmer and set HUE lamps. But from my experience this dimming value is not same for HUE and dimmer 2 with whatever type of bulbs you have so you will need to experiment.

I plan to add S2 switch so when is triggered to activate scene for watching TV which means dimming all lighting, lowering blinds if it still daytime and turning on TV.