Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Ecobee 3 Thermostat WiFI

metal121

Question

Im interested in getting the Ecobee 3 WiFi thermostat for integration into my HC2.  Im a complete novice with wifi devices being integrated into HC2. This is a link to the thermostat:

Please login or register to see this link.

1.  How hard is it to integrate and control a wifi thermostat with HC2? 

2.  WIll I need to make a virtual device and then use LUA code?  CUrrently have no experience with this.

The current z wave thermostats available in the USA really don't have that nice of displays like the ecobee and others.

Please let me know of any experience or ideas or lessons learned dealing with adding a Wifi thermostat.

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

I realize this post is crazy old but it would be nice if there was an ecobee plugin. I'd love to get my new ecobee 4 working. 

plugin ecobee: 

here you can ask in more detail: 

good luck

On 2/2/2016 at 16:14, metal121 said:

Estoy interesado en obtener el termostato WiFi Ecobee 3 para integrarlo en mi HC2. Soy un principiante completo con dispositivos wifi integrados en HC2. Este es un enlace al termostato:

1. ¿Qué tan difícil es integrar y controlar un termostato wifi con HC2? 

2. ¿Tendré que crear un dispositivo virtual y luego usar el código LUA? Actualmente no tengo experiencia con esto.

Los termostatos de onda z actuales disponibles en los Estados Unidos realmente no tienen ese tipo de pantallas como el ecobee y otros.

Por favor, avíseme de cualquier experiencia o idea o de las lecciones aprendidas al agregar un termostato Wifi.

¡Gracias!

Good morning, have you been able to integrate the thermostat to HC2? regards

Hi, has anyone integrated the Ecobee? 

I am considering Fibaro vs open source solutions and it is UNBELIEVABLE that a commercial solution as so few integrations!

• Like 2

Any news? Anyone?

Via this link (

)you can understand how to interact with the ecobee (the rest API). If you don’t have experience yet with virtual devices that connect to wifi equipment I advise to download a few from the Fibaro marketplace that do and see how it works. It is not too difficult. Then combine the knowledge from both actions and start your own Lua driven VD.