Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FMG-001 motion sensor doubts (cat eye)

louis_lab

Question

Hello all;

Thank you for all replies.

So if I understand well, my living room is not lighty enough to have a big rand value (thousands of lux)

My parameter 40 is at 200. Do that mean that if it comes lighty to 150 lux I will not receive the information from module? So I have two solutions..

To write 40 at  20 example? Am I touched by the bug?

2n solution, to ask for regular information (42) without delta on 40? But that means that I can loose some real changes in the room..;

Hey epiotr and peter, which seems to be the best for you?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you guy

If u set parameter 40 to 20 lux, u will face the bug, even with 4.071 beta cause the bug lies in the FGMS firmware (as identified by another forumer who also shared in the same bug track), not the HC2. Fibaro said it is fix in FGMS with firmware 2.8 but it is not in production (meaning, you cannot buy a FGMS that has firmware 2.8). I can confirm that cause even the latest batch of Dec 2015 produced FGMS is still with firmware 2.7, unless Fibaro rolled it out to production in Jan/Feb 2016.

I am now using a different approach since the reliability of FGMS lux reporting isn't fixable. Para 40 is set to 50 lux, para 42 is set to 90 secs. This works fairly well with my motion+lux-based light scenes, including the 'Smart Light v1.6.7' shared in this forum by another forumer.

Have you read the manual and have you tried and understood the different parameters? The only issue I know of is that under certain conditions it will report too many changes (not fewer changes). It is therefor recommended to keep p 40 above 50 and change wake up or other parameters.

Like I said above the threshold in a living room is unlikely to be met... So when you put light to it and let it settle it dropped to the lux level then!

But until it wakes every 5hrs? Then your unlikely to see any fluctuations. Well that's happened with all of my Fibaro sensors for over a year!

16 of them

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you drop lux threshold... Wake the device but you will need a ridiculously low threshold for an average lit room.

(...) Wake the device but you will need a ridiculously low threshold for an average lit room.

Beware of bug #2762

Please login or register to see this link.

Quotes:

"Fibaro Motion Sensor Parameter 40 set to 10 lux but actual behaviour is reporting light intensity when differs every 1 lux"

and recommended workaround:

"For now you can disable reports on lux change (parameter 40 = 0) or set it to value greater than 100 lux and turn on frequently automatic reports (parameter 42) -> for example once for 2 minutes. If you had parameter 40 on low value (<50) it won't affect your battery life (or impact will be minimal)."

The low threshold can flood your network.

• Inquirer
  • Hello all;

Thank you for all replies.

So if I understand well, my living room is not lighty enough to have a big rand value (thousands of lux)

My parameter 40 is at 200. Do that mean that if it comes lighty to 150 lux I will not receive the information from module? So I have two solutions..

To write 40 at  20 example? Am I touched by the bug?

2n solution, to ask for regular information (42) without delta on 40? But that means that I can loose some real changes in the room..;

Hey epiotr and peter, which seems to be the best for you?

Thank you guy

• Inquirer
  • Well thank you 

and all others.

It's quite clear now and I'm glad to see that forum has some experts who know what they talk about!

I'll act this way playing with 40 and 42.

byye

Well thank you 

and all others.

It's quite clear now and I'm glad to see that forum has some experts who know what they talk about!

I'll act this way playing with 40 and 42.

byye

Glad to be able to help. Just sharing experience gain after 1+ years of experimentations (with frustration) on Fibaro's products not performing up to its marketing materials.

Hi all, I have changed the setting for 40 to 50 LUX and 42 to 90s. What I keep experiencing is that my sensor stays in sleep mode

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Can someone advise what I need to change?

Advanced

Node ID:6

Z-Wave protocol type:3

Z-Wave protocol ver.:3.67

Wake up interval (s):

Mark if dead: No Yes  

Notify when battery low via e-mail

Use template for parameters

This device is hidden in the system.

Device is disabled.

Save logs to Event Panel

Notify me

By SMSdo nothingAbout turn onAbout turn offAbout Status Change

By E-maildo nothingAbout turn onAbout turn offAbout Status Change

By Pushdo nothingAbout turn onAbout turn offAbout Status Change

Device description

Associations

Association (linking devices) - allows for direct transfer of control commands between Z-Wave network devices. Main controller does not take part in such communication.
    Using this mechanism, devices may communicate with each other even when the main controller is disabled or damaged, e.g. in a fire.
    Multi-channel associations allows to take more advantage of associations with multi-channel devices.

Setting Association

The device will perform a complete reconfiguration by removing and adding to the Z-Wave network. ID, the parameters and settings (name, assign it to the room, associations) will be lost.

The device performs a soft reconfiguration of the Z-Wave network. The parameters and settings (name, assign it to the room, associations) are preserved. ID also remain unchanged, making scenes with reconfigurable device will not require editing.

Download device's template

Configuration

Parameter 1

This parameter determines the sensitivity of the PIR sensor. The smaller the value, the PIR sensor is more sensitive.

Parameter 2

Time for which the PIR sensor is "blind" to the movement. This parameter specifies the minimum time after which the PIR sensor is ready to detect next move. The longer this time is, the greater battery life is. The value can be reduced if rapid detection of movement by the PIR sensor is essential. Time of inertia should be less than the time set in parameter 6. 
    Value range: 0-15 
    The time is calculated from the formula: time = 0.5 x (value of 1) 
    Default: 15 (8 seconds).

Parameter 3

"PULSE COUNTER" OF THE PIR SENSOR
    It defines the theoretical number of moves that need to me made before the PIR sensor detects motion. The higher the value, the less sensitive the PIR sensor is. It is not recommended to modify this parameter.
    0 - 1 pulse
    1 - 2 pulses
    Default Value
    2 - 3 pulses
    3 - 4 pulses

Parameter 4

"WINDOW TIME" OF THE PIR SENSOR
    This parameter specifies the time period, in which a certain number of movements (parameter 3) have to occur, so that the sensor detects motion. Theoretically, the higher value of this parameter makes the PIR sensor more sensitive. It is not recommended to modify this parameter.
    0 - 4 seconds
    1 - 8 seconds
    2 - 12 seconds
    Default Value
    3 - 16 seconds

Parameter 6

The motion alarm will be cancelled in the controller and associated devices after the time specified in this parameter.
    Each motion detected when Fibaro Motion Sensor is in sustain mode extends that time and restarts the counter. For small values, especially less than 10 seconds, parameter 2 should be adjusted ("Blind Time" of the PIR sensor).
    1s

65535s

lux

Parameter 12

BASIC COMMAND CLASS FRAMES CONFIGURATION
    This parameter determines which frames are sent in the first association group (associated with the PIR sensor). 
    Values of BASIC ON and BASIC OFF frames could be modified with appropriate parameters.
    0 - Sending both BASIC ON and BASIC OFF frames in Basic Command Class.
    Default Value
    1 - Sending only BASIC ON frame in Basic Command Class.
    2 - Sending only BASIC OFF frame in Basic Command Class.

Parameter 14

BASIC ON FRAME VALUE
    The value of 255 enables the device. For Dimmer module, the value of 255 means turning the device back on to the previous saved state. For example Dimmer which was turned on with dimming level set to 30%, then turned off and turned back on with BASIC ON set to 255 turns back to the previous dimming level of 30%.

Parameter 16

BASIC OFF FRAME VALUE
    The frame is sent when sensor change state from breached to safe after the period specified in parameter 6. The value of 0 turns of the device while 255 turns it on. For Dimmer module, the value of 255 means turning the device back on to the previous saved state. For example Dimmer which was turned on with dimming level set to 30%, then turned off and turned back on with BASIC ON set to 255 turns back to the previous dimming level of 30%.

Parameter 20

This parameter determines the minimal change of acceleration measured by the built in accelerometer which will raise tamper alarm.
    The unit is expressed in relation to the gravitational acceleration g.
    Value range: 0-121 
    The sensitivity is calculated from the formula: sensitivity [g] = 0.016 x (value-1) + 0.08 
    0 means that tamper is turned off. 
    Default: 15 (0.304 g)

Parameter 22

Parameter defines time period, in seconds, after which the tamper alarm is cancelled. Each subsequent tamper violation does not extend tamper alarm time.
    1s

65535s

lux
    Last set value: 50lux

Parameter 42

This parameter determines the interval between reports of the light intensity. Reports are sent, despite the lack of lighting changes. 
    0 disables the reports.
    0s

65535s

s

Parameter 64

This parameter determines how often the temperature reports will be sent to the controller. 
    0 disables the reports.
    0s

65535s

C

Parameter 80

This parameter determines the behavior of the LED backlight when motion is detected. 
    Values ​​from 1 to 9 set signaling to one long blink when a violation report is sent. Device will not signal violation with LED backlight until violation expires.  
    Values ​​from 10 to 18 set signaling to one long blink when a violation report is sent and one short each time motion is detected again. 
    Values ​​from 19 to 28 set signaling to one long blink when a violation report is sent and two short flashes every time motion is detected again.
    0 - Signaling disabled.
    1 - The color depends on the temperature. Adjustable with parameters 86 and 87.
    2 - "Lamp" mode - an indicator glows white light for 10 seconds and repeats counting every time motion is detected again.
    3 - White
    4 - Red
    5 - Green
    6 - Blue
    7 - Yellow
    8 - Cyan
    9 - Magenta
    10 - The color depends on the temperature. Adjustable with parameters 86 and 87.
    Default Value
    11 - "Lamp" mode - an indicator glows white light for 10 seconds.
    12 - White
    13 - Red
    14 - Green
    15 - Blue
    16 - Yellow
    17 - Cyan
    18 - Magenta
    19 - The color depends on the temperature. Adjustable with parameters 86 and 87.
    20 - White
    21 - Red
    22 - Green
    23 - Blue
    24 - Yellow
    25 - Cyan
    26 - Magenta

Parameter 81

This parameter determines the brightness of the LED backlight after motion is detected. 
    0 - means that the brightness will be set according to the brightness of ambient light - see parameters 82 and 83.
    0%

100%

0%

Parameter 82

AMBIENT BRIGHTNESS LEVEL AT WHICH LED BACKLIGHT WILL BE SET TO 1% OF ITS MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS. 
    The parameter has meaning only when parameter 81 (LED backlight brightness) is properly configured. 
    Value range: 0 to the value of parameter 83. (0 to 32766lux).
    0lux

32766lux

lux

Parameter 86

MINIMAL TEMPERATURE FOR BLUE LED BACKLIGHT 
    The parameter has meaning only when parameter 80 (motion detection signal) is properly configured. 
    Value range: from 0 to the value of parameter 87 (0-255 ° C).
    0C

255C

0C

Parameter 87

MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR RED LED BACKLIGHT 
    The parameter has meaning only when parameter 80 (motion detection signal) is properly configured. 
    Value range: from the value of 86 to 255 (0-255 °C).
    0C

255C

0C

Parameter 89

TAMPER VIOLATION SIGNAL WITH LED BACKLIGHT 
    Signaling effect is reminiscent of "LAPD police car"
    0 - Tamper violation signal without LED light.

What you have pasted ain't readable as the format is distorted. Use the <> function in full text editor to paste codes/copied texts as it retains the formats so it is easier to read.

Otherwise, just use screenshots or just type out the parameters' value set.

I want to help, but I don't understand "What I keep experiencing is that my sensor stays in sleep mode

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.". Can you please explain? In my opinion, a battery operated device should stay in sleep mode for most of the time. If not, you get a really short battery life (try a Universal Binary Sensor on a 9V battery, you'll get less than 24 hours). So probably my understanding of "sleep mode" is not your understanding of "sleep mode".

I want to help, but I don't understand "What I keep experiencing is that my sensor stays in sleep mode

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.". Can you please explain? In my opinion, a battery operated device should stay in sleep mode for most of the time. If not, you get a really short battery life (try a Universal Binary Sensor on a 9V battery, you'll get less than 24 hours). So probably my understanding of "sleep mode" is not your understanding of "sleep mode".

I quote myself and I am going to answer my own question.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

You probably mean "I can't wake up the device". And because of that, you can't save the (new) parameters. I can confirm that in certain situations the "triple click B-button" sequence does not wake up the device. You do the sequence but the blue LED does not show. I can't say when it happens. Sometimes, removing the battery and trying again helps. Sometimes you just have to keep trying that sequence, until blue LED confirms the wake up. After that, please refresh the page in the browser, it should show your new values.

FGMS001 requires very fast triple-clicks on the B-button. Slow clicks won't do the trick.

Just trying to help. Even after 1+ years getting messed by Fibaro devices, I still don't get it 100% right on first try to triple-click it. 

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Just read a reply on the bugzilla report (

). Fibaro can fix this lux issue by upgrading the firmware, but you will need to send your sensors back to Poland at your own cost......

Reporter Extreme79 posted this e-mail from Fibaro:

"Simone,

problem was solved. It was software bug.
    We can update software in this one but we need unit in our office.

We will do it for You free of charge but You have to send FGMS to us at your cost.
    After repair we will send module to You at our cost.
    If its good solution for You in attachment You will find RMA form.
    Below address to sending:
    [..address..]
    "

This must be joke. They expect us to send all of our sensors back to Poland so they can upgrade the firmware? This is ridiculous. Has somebody tried this? Does it actually work? What firmware version fixes this issue and why can't it be done with the HC2 or HCL as Fibaro has marketed for a few years now (firmware updates via controller). Is this the "big" thing mroszak is referring to? I had to send back my HC2 a few months ago because the zwave controller died. I am not planning on sending in my 4 sensors just to upgrade the firmware. If my current sensors are faulty Fibaro needs to send me new (working) ones, then they can have the old ones send back at Fibaro's cost.

Just read a reply on the bugzilla report (

). Fibaro can fix this lux issue by upgrading the firmware, but you will need to send your sensors back to Poland at your own cost......

Reporter Extreme79 posted this e-mail from Fibaro:

"Simone,

problem was solved. It was software bug.

We can update software in this one but we need unit in our office.

We will do it for You free of charge but You have to send FGMS to us at your cost.

After repair we will send module to You at our cost.

If its good solution for You in attachment You will find RMA form.

Below address to sending:

[..address..]

"

This must be joke. They expect us to send all of our sensors back to Poland so they can upgrade the firmware? This is ridiculous. Has somebody tried this? Does it actually work? What firmware version fixes this issue and why can't it be done with the HC2 or HCL as Fibaro has marketed for a few years now (firmware updates via controller). Is this the "big" thing mroszak is referring to? I had to send back my HC2 a few months ago because the zwave controller died. I am not planning on sending in my 4 sensors just to upgrade the firmware. If my current sensors are faulty Fibaro needs to send me new (working) ones, then they can have the old ones send back at Fibaro's cost.

I remember the products were being marketed as 'Over-the-air Firmware Update' which is one big reason why I decided on Fibaro when I first embark on home automation. 2 year now, still have not deliver on this feature.

My two latest Fibaro MultiSensors states Z-wave Plus behind the battery. I thought one of the big selling points for plus was OTA updatable fw. 

@strips: Fibaro just explained the over the air firmware update is only possible with the Gen5 version. So all older versions need to be send back to Poland for an update.........

@strips: Fibaro just explained the over the air firmware update is only possible with the Gen5 version. So all older versions need to be send back to Poland for an update.........

Z-wave Plus is gen 5 if I'm not mistaken. I have two of these and one older non z-wave plus.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

all fibaro product with version over 2.1 support OTA not only devices witch chip series 500.