Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remove robots.txt, or alter it at least

riemers

I usually search for stuff, then i end up with "google" and then just say "fibaro sonos script forum" as example, it takes me where i need to go. This doesn't work here and i usually end up on some dodgy site with an outdated version while the forum could potentially have a newer version (i sort on relevance based on date)

Looking at some posts it was based on some migration stuff, but since everything is all up and dandy i would say its time to release the beast (google) and make finding posts easier for google users. After all if we have a solution for a problem on the forum, it might eventually lead to new customers too (use case for fibaro here)

Cheers,

Erik

p.s. searching on the forum with "gps api doc" returns 0 results, because these words are 3 letters.. a good example why i would want google to help me out here.

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • From support desk:

--- snip ---

Piotr Wardęcki 04 Apr 16  

Hello,

It has been reported. Due to some technical requirements, we are not planning to introduce any changes on this matter.

Sorry for inconvenience

--- snip ---

rm robots.txt

Would be the first website ever that needs technical requirements to let google index it.

From support desk:

--- snip ---

Piotr Wardęcki 04 Apr 16  

Hello,

It has been reported. Due to some technical requirements, we are not planning to introduce any changes on this matter.

Sorry for inconvenience

--- snip ---

rm robots.txt

Would be the first website ever that needs technical requirements to let google index it.

Yet an other example of a lie. But apparently you're not allowed to say that..

The real reason is that management or marketing is afraid that bad customer experiences get out in the open when people google fibaro.

Yet an other example of a lie. But apparently you're not allowed to say that..

The real reason is that management or marketing is afraid that bad customer experiences get out in the open when people google fibaro.

Blame 'deanrparry' for that

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> the constant complaints caused them to lock the forum down!

Blame 'deanrparry' for that

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> the constant complaints caused them to lock the forum down!

Sure! Lock it down instead of just fixing some problems and helping a annoyed user...

When they changed robots.txt to disallow search engines, they also promised that it's only temporaty and will be removed after that forum has been rebuilded.

The change was not much liked at the time, and still not.

+ 1 for this request.

• 9 months later...