Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

AEON 6 in 1 motion sensor does not update it's status

barend121

Question

Hi all,

I have the AEON 6 in 1 sensor and have a problem with motion detection.  I walk into the bathroom, the green lights on the sensor flashes on but the status in the HC2 keeps the same:

Anyone an idea how to solve this? It is USB powered.

These are my settings in the motion sensor:

Alarm settings

Sensor is excluded from alarm system

Sensor is armed with delay or it will trigger the alarm after some delay

Sensor arming conditions

Here you can specify conditions that must be met in order to arm the sensor. Use this function if you want sensor arming dependant on other devices states (eg, if the blind closed).

Alarm mode:
Normal
Always armed
Always disarmed

automatically force device state at arming

Normal mode means that you can arm or disarm device via interface, scenes or virtual devices (lua).

Room Name Type Required state   Badkamer

Please login or register to see this link.

Motion Sensor safebreached

Notify me

By SMSdo nothingof breachof releasingAbout Status Change

By E-maildo nothingof breachof releasingAbout Status Change

By Pushdo nothingof breachof releasingAbout Status Change

Device description

Associations

Association (linking devices) - allows for direct transfer of control commands between Z-Wave network devices. Main controller does not take part in such communication.
Using this mechanism, devices may communicate with each other even when the main controller is disabled or damaged, e.g. in a fire.
Multi-channel associations allows to take more advantage of associations with multi-channel devices.

Setting Association

The device will perform a complete reconfiguration by removing and adding to the Z-Wave network. ID, the parameters and settings (name, assign it to the room, associations) will be lost.

The device performs a soft reconfiguration of the Z-Wave network. The parameters and settings (name, assign it to the room, associations) are preserved. ID also remain unchanged, making scenes with reconfigurable device will not require editing.

Download device's template

Configuration

Parameter 2

Enable/Disable waking up for 10 minutes when re-power on (battery mode) the MultiSensor. 
0 - Disabled
Default Value
1 - Enabled

Parameter 3

The Multisensor will send BASIC SET CC (0x00) to the associated nodes if no motion is triggered.
10s

3600s

LUX

Parameter 44

Threshold change in battery level to induce an automatic report.
1%

99%

0%

Parameter 45

Threshold change in ultraviolet to induce an automatic report.

Parameter 46

Enable/disable to send the alarm report of low temperature(<-15℃)
0 - Disabled
Default Value
1 - Enabled

Parameter 101

Which report needs to be sent in Report group 1

Battery
Default Value

Ultraviolet
Default Value

Temperature
Default Value

Humidity
Default Value

Luminance
Default Value

Parameter 102

Which report needs to be sent in Report group 2

Battery

Ultraviolet

Temperature

Humidity

Luminance

Parameter 103

Which report needs to be sent in Report group 3

Battery

Ultraviolet

Temperature

Humidity

Luminance

Parameter 111

The interval time of sending reports in Report group 1.
5s

2678400s

s

Parameter 113

The interval time of sending reports in Report group 3.
USB powering mode - time in seconds
Battery powering mode: 5-3600 - 1h, 3600-7200 - 2h
5s

2678400s

LUX

Parameter 204

Ultraviolet sensor calibration

Parameter 252

Configuration Lock
0 - Disabled
Default Value
1 - Enabled

Please login or register to see this attachment.

7 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • not tried that one Peter! Although the humidity sensor is doing it's work very well and updating frequently. 

Why you ask? Something wrong with communication you think?

I was thinking: "network issues". But if the sensor reporting is 100% OK that theory seems unlikely. On the other hand... are you sure that humidity or luminance reporting never misses a beat? I mean: It is obvious to detect a motion report failure: you go into the room, the LED flashes green, and then you see it fails to trigger a scene. Or maybe it doesn't update the web display. That is a good test. But how would you know if the reporting of the sensors fails? It only reports when it meets the criteria set by the paramters, and only when a sensor changes. So, when is that? What you could do is cover the sensor and watch Lux reports. Set reporting to 1 minute (I think it can be set faster, but there is a limited sample rate). Does it report within 1 minute? Uncover it, check, repeat. Sounds boring, even when I write it, but it's for science.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Can you please check if your MultiSensor 6 is running 1.6, the latest FW? I don't have a list of fixes, but it seems one of those things to check.

Ah, this is interesting. While I'm writing this, I am triggering my MS6 that sits on my desk. Guess what? Green light, no update of the web interface. Wait, its even more complicated. When I refreh the page, the sensor now displays "Breached one second ago" and that is OK. I'm not sure, but this might indicate that the HC2 did not get the "sensor breached" signal, but only the "sensor safe" command, some 20 seconds later. BTW my MS6 is battery operated.

There is a reason why I don't use this MS6. It's on my desk because there are issues with battery drain (possibly related to 4.071 FW). There are other topics regarding the reporting issues, but that has more to do with the (long story short) difficulties of getting faster sensor reports. But yours is using USB power, that doesn't apply.

You could also try a different USB adapter (different brand/model). I doubt it, but it's worth trying.

Peter did You ever hear that sensor is not working on battery but only on DC cable?

Peter did You ever hear that sensor is not working on battery but only on DC cable?

If you mean "not working at all", then I haven't heard about it. Does the led flash when you put in the batteries? If it doesn't, please remove the batteries and put in only the left battery. Left is when you look at the back and the + of the batteries is pointing down. If this is not your issue, please define "not working"

I was having a similar issue with the MS6 not updating status or triggering scenes but after rebooting the HC2 it started working again. I had neglected to reboot after a scene modification.

Try  this link