Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Swipe is very good. Give it a go.

robmac

To me I use it as

1. "A hidden switch" - esthetic considerations + "semi private/secure" 
  2. A switch I don´t have to touch with wet or greasy fingers in the bathroom and in the kitchen
  3. ...?

• 2 weeks later...

If the swipe false triggers randomly or beeps randomly, one possible explanation is noise from the usb power supply. Some supplies do that.

yeah, i can confirm that, with the worst supply test swipe was not responding to anything. I think a list of "working" power supplies would save lot of time.

If so, the problem could be not only "working" or not, but to rate them on a scale. I presume distance and possibly direction relative to the power supply also could come in to play.

• 2 weeks later...

may i request that more people try Swipe in purely battery mode for two weeks or so? (thats when my batteries die) i am trying to estabilish weather its just my fault (i am not using swipe offten so it could be sleep cycle settings) or if i just happen to have gotten bad unit.

Edited by Kuba13

I ordered 2 pieces. One will be installed in our bedroom and will use it for activation of "Going to sleep" scene, "Wake up" scene when is not triggered by alarm clock, to turn on/off light in bedroom and to control Sonos. The other one will be installed in kitchen to control lighting, blinds in kitchen and living room, control Sonos and TV. The one in bedroom will operate on power supply while the other one we plan to move around so will operate on batteries and only when in kitchen then we will connect it to the power supply. Power supply I plan to use is original Apple supply for charging iPhones. Can't wait to come home and install them. 

I ordered 2 pieces. One will be installed in our bedroom and will use it for activation of "Going to sleep" scene, "Wake up" scene when is not triggered by alarm clock, to turn on/off light in bedroom and to control Sonos. The other one will be installed in kitchen to control lighting, blinds in kitchen and living room, control Sonos and TV. The one in bedroom will operate on power supply while the other one we plan to move around so will operate on batteries and only when in kitchen then we will connect it to the power supply. Power supply I plan to use is original Apple supply for charging iPhones. Can't wait to come home and install them. 

some people have experienced issues using the apple usb power supplies.......

some people have experienced issues using the apple usb power supplies.......

They were using original apple charger that came with iPhone or it was some substitute?

original apple iphone usb chargers.

It was beeping like every 4 minutes, then changed to another usb adapter and since then no more issues

original apple iphone usb chargers.

It was beeping like every 4 minutes, then changed to another usb adapter and since then no more issues

That is interesting. Will try soon and give feedback on my experience.

• 2 months later...

So from my experience Apple 5W USB chargers that are delivered with iPhones definitely are not good for Fibaro swipe. After sometimes on that charger swipe starts to beep and stop lisening to our swipes. On the other hand Apple 10W USB chargers are working fine with swipe. I didn't test yet, but it seems that all this has to do something with charger power? Is there anyone that can confirm that?