Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hikvision Virtual Device

JamieSonegoAus

Question

Hi,

Has anyone configured a Hikvision camera as a virtual device? 

I'm trying to integrate my new Hikvision 2142FWD cameras so I can arm, disarm, etc. I think I'm on the right track by creating a virtual device but is there a list of the HTTP commands somewhere?

How has everyone else done this? I want to have the cameras send me some images and/or video of the previous 30 secs from an alarm trigger. Is this something the fibaro can do or more of a NVR function? I'm currently using Synology Surveillance Station.

Maybe it's something the ip camera can manage itself...? It will be more efficient IMHO

I've added an ip camera to my system, but just send screenshoot through fibaro when alarm is triggered.

If i want to see the full scene, i can connect to the camera and review it (my camera store the events on sdcard)

I was searching for a new camera and found the Hikvision ones. But once I would like to have the same functionality as I currently have (activate camera, change the sensitivity based upon weather conditions, pop up screen on PC once someone rings the bell, ...) I searched for the API possibilities. I noticed Hikvision is not compatible with http get commands. You can do it probably with LUA (which I don't have because of HCL) but as far as I could find, you need to download the xml configuration file from the camera, change the parameters and upload it again to change some parameters via virtual device.

Because of this limitation I searched for another camera. Probably it will be Vivotek FD8164V . This one is compatible with http get command which you can send straight from VD (according to their specs).

• Inquirer
  • I really wish there was a guide with suggested brands/models.. I'd like to get at least close to what the marketing suggests.

Hi,

Has anyone configured a Hikvision camera as a virtual device? 

I'm trying to integrate my new Hikvision 2142FWD cameras so I can arm, disarm, etc. I think I'm on the right track by creating a virtual device but is there a list of the HTTP commands somewhere?

How has everyone else done this? I want to have the cameras send me some images and/or video of the previous 30 secs from an alarm trigger. Is this something the fibaro can do or more of a NVR function? I'm currently using Synology Surveillance Station.

You can build a virtual device to control Synology's Surveillance Station or can download the example from a french forum:

Please login or register to see this link.

Is this what you are looking for, the VD is created and tested on an DS-2CD2132F-IWS with firmware V5.3.0.
    Add IP and port to the General page and in both buttons the userid an password of the Hikvision.

After some testing with Fiddler and searching for parts of code i created the VD. 

• Inquirer
  • Work's a treat! I'm assuming you need to enable the alarm schedule 24/7 on the camera first? 

Now for some reason it wont attach a screen shot when it sends an email?

The script is only for motion detection, but with the right paths and xml the hikvisions are fully configurable.

Hi,

I've tried the 

VD and it works like a charm! But, I have a e questions... Is it possible to send only a part of the XML block and not the full command?

For example this is the full XML block:

Please login or register to see this code.

I would like to send only a part:

Please login or register to see this code.

Because, there are some very very long  XML block response.

Thanks in advance

You can try to send parts of XML. You need to experiment. I have my own VD for HikVision cam, and I use short XMLs to send. Sometimes camera refues such updates, when it is too short. But usually, not sent parameters are just not updated.

You can easily monitor settings of camera via web browser and typing proper URLs (to display part you update)

Regard alarm states - yes, it is possible to control it via software, but you need camera version with input/output. So with "I" symbol in name. The rule is that cameras with physical I/O support also software status of alarm. You can set - if you want to trigger recordings. or you can read,  to find out that an event was triggered at camera - by motion, by line crossings etc. In configuration of each event, in camera settings, you just set if event shall also trigger output signal. HC2 shall monitor camera status every few seconds (at camera you also set how long the status state shall be kept).

I arm and disarm camera remotely, I also read the alarm status to trigger some actions at home, and for some actions at home, I trigger camera alarm to force recordings. It works for me very good for over one year.

To check alarm state I monitor ISAPI/System/IO/outputs/1/status values

One more nice think I do, is to update text layer, with current temperature etc - so I have it on the camera view.

I cannot seem to find the reference material for the line crossing function in hikvision api documents,. My VD Hikvision is working for enabling motion detection on camera via HC2

My camera is working perfectly with line crossing sending email when triggered. Just like to get these trigger into HC2.

Any pointers?

Albert,

my camera got the "I". The VD for enabling motion detection is working well by use the XML for motion detection. Now I need the XML for Linecrossing definition and could do the same. Cannot find it and also no response from HikVision yet. 

By using ISAPI/System/IO/outputs/1/status values I cannot differentiate if it was trigger by motion detection or intruder section or Line Crossing. unless of course I only enable Line Crossing.

any ideas where to find XML definition ?

maygel,

In your browser you could try:

. This will also show Line Crossing activity. However I couldn’t get this to work in Fibaro since this is a multipart XML stream.

So I used the log file instead and it works like a charm!

The output of my camera (also I model) will activate a Fibaro sensor. The HC2 will then request a log file from the camera and look at the last few seconds. If there is a Line Crossing present you can turn on a light, or if the camera lens is covered you can activate a siren and send push notifications to all users… etc. etc.

I found the syntax in “IP Surveillance API (RaCM Part) User  Guide” (google is your friend) and used Wireshark to fine tune my code. Look for: POST /ISAPI/ContentMgmt/logSearch. Tricky part is to determine the right start and end time in your request.

Good luck!