Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Danfoss Living Connect and Danfoss RS

Momos

Question

I know that danfoss RS is now a supported device.

So I went out and bought one to test it.  Installed it in a room with a danfoss living connect on the radiator.

Inclusion was ok, device seems to be functioning ok even thou it has the same icon as the living connect.

A heating panel is configured for that room.

I was expecting the RS to work as a master device in a room, where you can set the temp manually and it will be transmitted to all the living connect valves in that room.

But it doesn't work that way. If I change the temp on the RS, nothing happens on the radiator valve.

Can someone tell me what am I missing ?

Thank you

15 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I cracked the freaking problem:

There is a simple LUA to do this:

Please login or register to see this code.

Replace 157 with the ID of your Danfoss RS and 141 with the ID of the Danfoss radiator valve

• Inquirer
  • I'm sure we are missing something.  Changelog showed Danfoss RS as supported device, so I guess Fibaro team tested it actually....

I'm sure we are missing something. Changelog showed Danfoss RS as supported device, so I guess Fibaro team tested it actually....

Hahahahahaha lol pmsl ROFL best joke of the day! Tested to the point it shows something on screen!

• Inquirer
  • well at least I made one person laugh today

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> did cost me almost 100 Euro thou

/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Twice

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> lol send it back people have reported it's crap on Fibaro controllers before, hit the search button you will see

you cant get temperatuer data from the lc 13, just target temperature.. which is bloody useless.. may as well keep standard trv and just use fibaro motion detectors and a relay switch for the boiler.

mine works pretty well but having a slight problem making an away mode for my heating schedule.any help would be apreciatred, im new to lua so have been using a bit of magic block then converting to lua to complete the rest.

I have a vertual device which acts as a schedule programer, it includeds boost times, on/off setting times for morning and after noon and home and away mode.

i have a global variable for home or away (1 or 0) and then global variables for the timer settings.  i have 2 scenes to operate the relay switch to and this is where the problem is 

--[[
    %% autostart
    %% properties
    %% events
    %% globals
    --]]

local sourceTrigger = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
    function tempFunc()
    local currentDate = os.date("*t");
    local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
    local relay = 114
    local startTime1 = fibaro:getGlobalValue('heatingStart1', 'value')
    local startTime2 = fibaro:getGlobalValue('heatingStart2', 'value')
    local home = (tonumber (fibaro:getGlobalValue('home', 'value')))

fibaro:debug(startTime1)
    fibaro:debug(startTime2)
    fibaro:debug(home)

if
        (home == 0) then
        fibaro:debug('Away mode active')
        fibaro:sleep(60*1000)
        fibaro:startScene(124)
        fibaro:abort();    

elseif (
     ( ((currentDate.wday == 1 or currentDate.wday == 2 or currentDate.wday == 3 or currentDate.wday == 4 or currentDate.wday == 5 or currentDate.wday == 6 or currentDate.wday == 7) and string.format("%02d", currentDate.hour) .. ":" .. string.format("%02d", currentDate.min) == "startTime1")  or  ((currentDate.wday == 1 or currentDate.wday == 2 or currentDate.wday == 3 or currentDate.wday == 4 or currentDate.wday == 5  or currentDate.wday == 6 or currentDate.wday == 7) and string.format("%02d", currentDate.hour) .. ":" .. string.format("%02d", currentDate.min) == "startTime2") )
    )
    then
        fibaro:call(relay, "turnOn");
        fibaro:debug('Heating is on')
    end

my problem is that wheni activate away mode i get a error on line 252 which is 200 more lines than i have saying " attemp to concatenate local 'deviceId' (a nil value)

any ideas???

setTimeout(tempFunc, 60*1000)
    end
    if (sourceTrigger["type"] == "autostart") then
    tempFunc()
    else

local currentDate = os.date("*t");
    local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
    if (
    startSource["type"] == "other"
    )
    then
        fibaro:call(relay, "turnOn");
    end

end

Please login or register to see this link.

It needs small LUA, we have it working very nicely

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Would you mind sharing this information!?

Would you mind sharing this information!?

• Inquirer
  • I think that with some small lua it can be achieved, but need help.

So far I found that there are 3 commands for the danfoss:

fibaro:call(ID, "setTargetLevel", "8") -- 8 is the degress and it works
    fibaro:call(ID, "setTime", "") -- tried everything I could think and still can not modify the interval
    fibaro:call(ID ,"setInterval", "")​ -- tried everything I could think and still can not modify the interval

My thought would be something like: Have the RS as main thermostat in the room.  Heating panel set up so it works fine on automatic.  And then a lua script that monitors the RS for manual changes and sends them to the LC13 also... Am I far off ?

I think that with some small lua it can be achieved, but need help.

So far I found that there are 3 commands for the danfoss:

fibaro:call(ID, "setTargetLevel", "8") -- 8 is the degress and it works

fibaro:call(ID, "setTime", "") -- tried everything I could think and still can not modify the interval

fibaro:call(ID ,"setInterval", "")​ -- tried everything I could think and still can not modify the interval

My thought would be something like: Have the RS as main thermostat in the room.  Heating panel set up so it works fine on automatic.  And then a lua script that monitors the RS for manual changes and sends them to the LC13 also... Am I far off ?

My thought would be implement it properly so people do not need to fart about with lua!

• Inquirer
  • It needs small LUA, we have it working very nicely

Cmon Lauri don't leave us in the dark

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Would really like to make it work as right now the RS is nothing more then a temp sensor... 

I cracked the freaking problem:

There is a simple LUA to do this:

Please login or register to see this code.

Replace 157 with the ID of your Danfoss RS and 141 with the ID of the Danfoss radiator valve

I played with this a little... temp gets set perfectly but the time is always 2hr any idea why?

• Inquirer
  • Anything you set as time lower then 2 hours it will translate in 2 hours on the device. Above 2 hours gets transfered correctly.  I have no idea why that is

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  And in the first place it is stupid that this is not basic functionality included in the heating pannel

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />