Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

PIR false positives

xirilius

Question

Hello,

I have a brand new Fibaro Pir sensor (FGMS-001)

It detects motion without somebody in the room, even when i put the PIR in a closed box it keeps sending (every 20 – 300 seconds)

I did a reset (confirmed by fading red led)

I deleted, excluded and included the sensor twice to my Fibaro HC2

Can i try something else, maybe new firmware before i return the sensor?

10 answers to this question

I have one of these. I also monitor this board. Can't say I've heard many issues regarding false triggering. Since it's a PIR, it is somewhat sensitive to fast changing temperature, but if you tested in a box... well... it does sound like a hardware issue. The device is firmware upgradeable, but at the moment no update is available. It's on Fibaro's todo list. But I doubt the device needs an update to fix sensitivity issues. Just curious... how do you test the triggering?

you are sure that is from move not from tamper (it blink in white,red, blue)?

If that is movement for 100% i suggest send it to warranty maybe got hardware problem

what version of device you see in interface 2.7?

Somewhere since the last few v4 updates (currently running 4.080) two of my Fibaro motion sensors (both version 2.6) are reporting motion very often. At night and during the day. Nothing but the HC2 software version has been changed. My room is absolutely quiet at night, but is reporting motion. I use scripts to turn on the lights if motion is detected, so my lights are turned on way to often at night.

Besides this issue the lux values are also reported too often (parameter 40 set to 50 lux does not help). This has been reported tens of times, but nothing is fixed until now. See

Please login or register to see this link.

I have the same with one. Besides this it sometimes reports extremely high temperatures!.

Not sure if this is because the 4.08 version.

Please login or register to see this link.

try to lower sensitive maybe PIR is catching heating wave

@A.Socha: I will try this, but the PIRs have been working perfectly until a few months ago. It is still the same room with the same heating solution.

Hard me to say what is the reason, I don't think that is 4.080 version because if you got in event panel information about movement mean that device reported that event. I hope you don't have pets who doing alarms

I have two PIR sensors, bought at roughly the same time (couple of weeks interval) from the same supplier. One of these sensors is consistently generating two PIR-triggers at sensor wake-up time, i.e. when wake-up is set to 3600 a false alert is received every hour. I have set each and every parameter the same in both sensors, FW versions are the same. Also exchanging the sensors does not help. Who knows what is causing this? It renders my system virtually useless because of the false alerts.

- Addition April 2018 - 

I'm sure it's bad programming; the false triggers occur in swathes, following each other with multiples of approx. 3600 seconds. Certainly, at least one of my two sensors is located somewhere where there are NO false triggers. No pets, no people, no heaters, no other devices. The screen shot below shows the false detections, all occurring at regular, almost 2 hour intervals minus 5-6 seconds. Definitely NOT sensor-induced, but crappy coding by Fibaro.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_04/5ae1cca9b42a6_ScreenShot2018-04-26at14_37_37.png.4b5373533ec3619641bfeced938b33d5.png" alt="5ae1cca9b42a6_ScreenShot2018-04-26at14_37_37.png.4b5373533ec3619641bfeced938b33d5.png" />

Edited by Hiram K. Hackenbacker

I have 4 of these sensors, 1 bought in the last couple of weeks and the others all at least a couple of years old. For the life of me, I cannot get it to work satisfactorily. It gives many false positives and doesn't even report motion correctly, I have to be within a few feet of it to trigger the motion detection. I have tried copying the settings from one of the older sensors which do work and have even swapped the new sensor in the place of one of the old sensors, with the same settings as the old sensor and still get the poor ability to detect motion and false positives.

This one will be going back to the vendor and hopefully, a new one will work better.

I bought 3 sensors, from the beginning two of them were giving false motion alert I thought that is because of the wrong configuration but after resetting, removing re-adding reducing sensitivity, changing the location, putting them in drawer and resetting them to default settings still had that problem, then I returned them back and got a new replacement  they are still working but recently I got false motion report with the other older one (means from 3 new sensors I have purchased all of them giving false PIR motion detection)

so what I am thinking Fibaro motion sensor is not reliable  I excluded the fibaro  motion devices from my security alarm system, for me the other cheaper brand is more reliable and have included them into my alarm system

this Fibaro MultiSensor is a Masterpiece I really like them  but motion sensor is not reliable at all, Fibaro please fix this important issue

Edited by JEAU