Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Basic QA Feedback survey

alandee

Thanks for the initiative. Hoping Fibaro will take it into account seriously...

Q1: 2-3-4. Sorry but when it works, 4. Else too many bugs, instability and missing - but promised - functionnalities

Q2: 1,4,5,13,16

Q3: 3

Q1

3. Meh, it's OK  (but when it can't do basic recovery properly then its getting closer to 2)

Q2

5.  Diagnostics ( Logging, mapping, process lists, script loads etc )

6.  Hardware Compatibility 

Q3

3.  I'm comfortable using LUA with a bit of direction and a nudge (But I don't have the patience for this stuff any more, so a product like this I expect to work)

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. How satisfied are you with your Fibaro System Scale 1-5

4. I'm pretty satisfied

Q2. What would YOU like to see as a focus on in the near future

1.   Stability

2.   Security
3.   A Closed or 'Opt in' only Beta program
5.   Diagnostics ( Logging, mapping, process lists, script loads etc )
12. Better support ( phone or teamview / email ) for users (in Asia Pacific locations)

Q3. How would you describe your mad coder skillz

2.   I can tinker and code most things with blocks.
3.   I'm comfortable using LUA with a bit of direction and a nudge (but unable to afford too much time to do so as there are plentiful of priorities over this in life)

Q1. How satisfied are you with your Fibaro System Scale 1-5 ;

3.Meh, it's OK

Q2. What would YOU like to see as a focus on in the near future ;

1. Stability

2. Plugins

3. Hardware Compatibility

Q3. How would you describe your mad coder skillz ;

I'm comfortable using LUA with a bit of direction and a nudge ..

intermezzo:

i was curious about aforementioned other attempts is this

Please login or register to see this link.

and its

not good enough?

you are free to return to evaluating and requesting features here offcourse

Q1:   4 - overall pretty satisfied

Q2:   1 - stability
         2 - security
       16 - virtual rooms and working re-arranging (yes

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_exclaim.gif" alt=":!:" /> , I still haven't found a way to rearrange as a normal user

/emoticons/default_icon_exclaim.gif" alt=":!:" /> )

6 - support for Qubino DC flush (come on, it's not even a competitor, as Fibaro doesn't have a solution on their own)

10 - wiki would be nice

Q3:   3 - I find my way through lua (and know where to search for solutions

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" /> )

• 2 weeks later...

@alandee,

I should be very interested to read the result. of this poll Where could we find it ?

well you'll have to count it for yourselve but i did try and count answers

Q1 (satisfaction):

1          5x - complete dissatisfaction

2        12x

3        18x

4        26x

5          4x - complete satisfaction

Q2 (feature requests):

1        41x - stability

2        11x - security

3          8x - closed beta

4         24x - plugins

5         37x - diagnostics

6         14x - Hardware compatibility

7           3x - Software Flexibility

8           6x - uploadable device parameters

9         17x - more atention to bugzzilla

10         9x - Wiki Fibaro

11        11x - more forums support

12          9x - better support

13          5x - GPS functionality / overhaul

14          7x - Rework Lilli

15          1x - more frequent Betas

16         14x - More Flexible App dessign

17           4x - more Fibaro Hardware

18           7x - An occasional overview of the direction Fibaro are embarking upon.

19           6x better cam support

20           1x better secure device support

21           5x Better Alarm and Security support.

22           4x - HC3

Q3

1           3x - no i dont do Lua

2           3x

3          32x

4          10x

5            4x - I know all that i can about Lua

i did count both states if somone mentioned two in satiscaction and Lua skills, i counted everything past 5 in Lua as 5.

there might have been some errors during the process but overall notions are not harmed by them (+ / - 2 is what i belive i could have messed up in most longer lines)

Edited by Kuba13

• Topic Author
  • @JoJo I've got more or less similar numbers to Kuba, .. I've been collating each page. ( Cheers for the confirmation & tally ! )

.. it would have been so much easier if they just enabled polls  !

But I'll go back through and get them into a spreadsheet and graph some responses.

Cheers,

al.

• Topic Author
  • OK So Final Figures were ;

Question 1 ;

I'm not at all satisfied 5 / Not totally dissatisfied 13 / Meh, it's OK 17 / I'm pretty satisfied 27 / I love it, I'm completely satisfied 4

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Question 2 ;

Q2   Stability 38 / Security 11 / A Closed or 'Opt in' only Beta program 9 / Plugins 23 / Diagnostics 36 / Hardware Compatibility 14 / Phone / Tablet Flexibility 3 / Upload-able device parameters 6 / Some attention to the Bugzilla 17 / A Wiki so we can collect and share 9 / More forum support, more active responses from Fibaro to users. 11 / Better support ( phone or teamview / email ) for users. 9 / GPS functionality / improvement 5 / Lilli, someone needs to give some love to Lilli 7 / More Beta's .. poke em out after each change 1 / Flexibility of App design 14 / More Fibaro hardware like Swipe, speaker etc 4 / An occasional overview of the direction Fibaro are embarking upon 7 / Better camera support. 5 / Better secure device support. 1 / Better Alarm and Security support. 4 / Bring on the HC3 0 / Remove key / box association. Allow external backup 3

and Question 3 ;

Q3   I'm an end user, I just want it to work. 3 / I can tinker and code most things with blocks. 4 / I'm comfortable using LUA with a bit of direction and a nudge .. 33 / I'm happy coding LUA from scratch 12 / I am the MATRIX 4

Thankyou everyone who responded.

Hopefully Fibaro ( are you still following @A.Socha ?) take notice of what a small cross section of their active userbase see as a future direction. It's a constructive group we have here, and if Fibaro jump on board with us, we can all help to build the system into what it is capable of .. think of it also that from 56 responses to Skill Level, almost 60% of us are OK with LUA + some support / direction, and roughly 30% are happy coding from scratch or better .. that's great for those of us that need a nudge

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Sorry to those who's issues slipped off the radar, they are no less important as this is a small cross section. I encourage everyone to refer also to  

and it's associated thread  

The more things cross correlate, the more chance there is of things being acted upon.

The majority of people that responded are pretty satisfied with their Fibaro System, although there is a significant almost 30% that think it is less than just OK, and roughly 25% that think it is OK, so the other way of saying this could be over half of respondents think their system is currently OK or poorer .. or if you are a half full kinda person .. over 70% of respondents think their system is OK or better ! ( Statistical interpretation is a joke really ! )

Suffice to say, there are some happy and some unhappy peeps out there, and the raw data without interpretation is worthy of some consideration, sheer weight of numbers in Q2 make some of the first priorities that users wish for very obvious. and the usefulness of members in the forum community is very obvious with Q3.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

al.

Thank you alandee for the initiative and the detailed analysis.

PLEASE FIBARO, take this work into account ! We all are waiting for a positive answer from you. THANK YOU

• 3 weeks later...

Q1. How satisfied are you with your Fibaro System Scale 1-5 ;
    2 Not totally dissatisfied

Q2. What would YOU like to see as a focus on in the near future ;
    1 Stability
    2 Security
    4 Plugins ( Seriously ! )
    5 Diagnostics ( Logging, mapping, process lists, script loads etc )
    11 More forum support, more active responses from Fibaro to users.

Q3. How would you describe your mad coder skillz ;
    4 I'm happy coding LUA from scratch 

• 2 weeks later...

OK So Final Figures were ;

Question 1 ;

I'm not at all satisfied 5 / Not totally dissatisfied 13 / Meh, it's OK 17 / I'm pretty satisfied 27 / I love it, I'm completely satisfied 4

/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif" alt="attachicon.gif">

Question 2 ;

Q2   Stability 38 / Security 11 / A Closed or 'Opt in' only Beta program 9 / Plugins 23 / Diagnostics 36 / Hardware Compatibility 14 / Phone / Tablet Flexibility 3 / Upload-able device parameters 6 / Some attention to the Bugzilla 17 / A Wiki so we can collect and share 9 / More forum support, more active responses from Fibaro to users. 11 / Better support ( phone or teamview / email ) for users. 9 / GPS functionality / improvement 5 / Lilli, someone needs to give some love to Lilli 7 / More Beta's .. poke em out after each change 1 / Flexibility of App design 14 / More Fibaro hardware like Swipe, speaker etc 4 / An occasional overview of the direction Fibaro are embarking upon 7 / Better camera support. 5 / Better secure device support. 1 / Better Alarm and Security support. 4 / Bring on the HC3 0 / Remove key / box association. Allow external backup 3

and Question 3 ;

Q3   I'm an end user, I just want it to work. 3 / I can tinker and code most things with blocks. 4 / I'm comfortable using LUA with a bit of direction and a nudge .. 33 / I'm happy coding LUA from scratch 12 / I am the MATRIX 4

Thankyou everyone who responded.

Hopefully Fibaro ( are you still following @A.Socha ?) take notice of what a small cross section of their active userbase see as a future direction. It's a constructive group we have here, and if Fibaro jump on board with us, we can all help to build the system into what it is capable of .. think of it also that from 56 responses to Skill Level, almost 60% of us are OK with LUA + some support / direction, and roughly 30% are happy coding from scratch or better .. that's great for those of us that need a nudge :).

Sorry to those who's issues slipped off the radar, they are no less important as this is a small cross section. I encourage everyone to refer also to  

and it's associated thread  

The more things cross correlate, the more chance there is of things being acted upon.

The majority of people that responded are pretty satisfied with their Fibaro System, although there is a significant almost 30% that think it is less than just OK, and roughly 25% that think it is OK, so the other way of saying this could be over half of respondents think their system is currently OK or poorer .. or if you are a half full kinda person .. over 70% of respondents think their system is OK or better ! ( Statistical interpretation is a joke really ! )

Suffice to say, there are some happy and some unhappy peeps out there, and the raw data without interpretation is worthy of some consideration, sheer weight of numbers in Q2 make some of the first priorities that users wish for very obvious. and the usefulness of members in the forum community is very obvious with Q3.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

al.

Hello,

Thank you for your insights and for all the work with data you collected. Great job!

I am forwarding your post to our team :)

And yes i still reading and collecting data - i hope our direction for bigger stability is now a bit more visible

And yes i still reading and collecting data - i hope our direction for bigger stability is now a bit more visible

Focus on stability good 

/emoticons/default_icon_idea.gif" alt=":idea:" /> !

Stability and Diagnostic are almost on par. @A.Socha, is Diagnostic something Fibaro is willing to have a look on improving?

Improvement in ability to diagnose will indirectly lead towards better stability and customer satisfaction.

Help us to help ourselves 

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Indead last beta versions seems to be much more stable

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Keep gooing that direction.

thank you

• Topic Author
  • And yes i still reading and collecting data - i hope our direction for bigger stability is now a bit more visible

Hello,

Thank you for your insights and for all the work with data you collected. Great job!

I am forwarding your post to our team

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes this last week or so has shown that some changes are currently being made which is great.

• The more visible presence in the forums
    • The, so far, seemingly more stable .083B release
    • OTA updates
    • The new forum layout with issues being segregated.

you guys are currently nailing it .. just keep the momentum and keep us informed and we'll all eventually drive your sales better than all the slick advertising

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh and T.Konopka .. welcome to the forum

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

Cheers,

al.