Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Which module to use for managing power of the bathroom ventilation

wpeeters

Question

I would like to know which module I can use very safely for my bathroom ventilation?

Safely because I probably need to install the module close to a wooden wall. And because the stories I read on this forum (modules are heating, melting, Qubino modules failing regulated safety specification, ...) I would like to be sure.

The bathroom ventilation is a fan managing the humidity itself. See for example : 

Please login or register to see this link.

It's also running continously on a very low fan speed. It only increases the speed if the humidity requires the fan speed to increase.

However, my wife really can't accept the noise if it is running on high speed (even regulated somewhat lower than the maximum) if she goes to bed. I even don't hear it running on the maximum speed.

Therefore I would like her to switch the entire 220V power down (instead of me shutting down the entire bathroom power) if the fan started running on high speed if she goes for a sleep.

Power also can be switched off and on. Because once switched off, the fan never will goes on again for the first coming hours (unless the next person will take a shower).

So, which module you trust to manage continous 220V load and probably vary in power consumption?

I have a Fibaro HCL controller.

Remember, I only want to manage the power to the fan. Not the fan regulation itself. However I'm open for better idea's.

Once I have a module, offcourse I can also partially regulate it via scenes (example, switch of during certain hours).

thanks.

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I solved it on another way using the Fibaro relay.

I still had an normal open Din Rail relay. I changed my wires of the bathroom ventilation and brought them to my electrical box.

Since I only want to reset the bathroom ventilation (switch off and on again) I connect the fibaro relay to the normal open relay which is powering the ventilation.

Switching on Fibaro means switch off the power temporary. In normal operation, the din rail output is powered but not the Fibaro device.
    Then I created a scene which will switch off and on the power with 10 seconds wait in order to allow the fan to stop entirely.

The family only has access to the scene and not to the device. The only disadvantage, from an interface point of view, is that the switch is always on (while it is actually off).