Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Philips Hue Lights and Scenes with HC2 - Any workaround?

sergiodg

Question

I understand that the plugin in HC2 is only to enable manual control of lights from the HC2 and from the Fibaro App. 
Are there any other ways I could include one or more hue lights into scenes? Any coding? Anything else before I have to throw a large investment I made in hue lights or instead the Fibaro one?

Many thanks for your support.

8 answers to this question

Yes, you can use a virtual device to control the Hue plugin.. and a virtual device can be used in scenes

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use VD instead of plugin to control 27 HUE lamps. Some VDs control only one lamp while another control 2 or 3 lamps at the same time. This works great for me. Next step will be write some VDs and scenes to do different HUE scenes like it is possible from original app. This of course require planning and coding in LUA but it is doable.

you can do everything with hue plugin commands in lua. there are however some 'hidden' commands like changebrightness

cheers

emiel

Why can't the Hue devices and controls not just simply show up as selectable devices when building a block scene? Of course one can program everything in LUA or VD's, but what is the point if all Hue lights are already known and controllable by HC2? VD's and LUA coding are high maintenance tools that are ok for very special devices, but should not be used for basic domotica functions like lights control.

Hi Sagittarius,  You say that you have a solution, Please tell us how you have done it.  I just cannot get my head around LUA.  I unfortunately took it for granted that the Hue Plug-in would let me do scenes in HC2

Hi. 

Make a VD using IP of your Philips bridge (my is 192.168.1.179) and then create buttons in LUA 

xxx - is your user name from philips api - 

Please login or register to see this link.

1) TURN ON

Please login or register to see this code.

2) TURN OFF

3) SCENE ALARM

4) SCENE PRESET1

after that you can use those buttons in scene

Edited by Kamol_

OMG, why can`t it just be avaible in scene!!! ;) 

Edit: Finally figured it out and atl east got it into my scenes setting my bulp to Warmwhite. 

Edited by ryvaenge