Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

motion sensor with devolo home control

lok1411

Question

Hi,

I'm using devolo home control with the fibaro motion sensor to get all movements in the house.

two question cause I'm quite new and don't understand the users manual:

1. Is it possible to deactivate the LED when movement was detected? I installed the sonsor in the living room and it's going on every time when s.o. is moving.

2. Is it possible to modify the alarm interval. In the manual the default of 30 seconds was mention but I don't know how to change the parameter

Thanks

Lukas

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm using devolo home control with the fibaro motion sensor to get all movements in the house.

two question cause I'm quite new and don't understand the users manual:

1. Is it possible to deactivate the LED when movement was detected? I installed the sonsor in the living room and it's going on every time when s.o. is moving.

2. Is it possible to modify the alarm interval. In the manual the default of 30 seconds was mention but I don't know how to change the parameter

Thanks

Lukas

Hello,

1. Go to Advanced Settings of the device and change parameter 80 (or 81 as well).

2. Go to Advanced Settings of the device and change parameter 6. Please, read the description of the parameter, because you may have to adjust the parameter 2 as well.

• Inquirer
  • That's fine with the parameters

But how can I access the advanced settings without fibaro home control?

I'm using devolo home control and there is no access for the parameters

Regards

Lukas

You should be able to set parameters to any device? Refer to Devolo on how to do so?

• Inquirer
  • No

Devolo supports only motion sensor and temperature mode

Nothing more to handle in the control center

You also should be able to upload parameters to any device? If not you are probably out of luck with most z-wave devices out there.

A review of the Devolo HCCU controller was done by Vesternet:

Please login or register to see this link.

I don't have that controller but I've read this in that report:

"Clicking on the "statistics" icon will open a popup that displays any associated graph for the device, another great feature from devolo and something else that is often missing from other Z-Wave controllers, requiring custom coding or third-party plugins to achieve the functionality. You can edit the device properties here too, including changing the device's name, allocating it to a particular location, choosing an icon or deciding whether to display it on the main Dashboard or not.  The options are presented in a simple and clear fashion and the layout is consistent across all devices. Device-specific options (sometimes referred to as "Z-Wave Parameters") are also shown where relevant and devolo has taken a novel approach here for all of their own devices - pretty much all of the complicated and confusing options are hidden, inaccessible and pre-configured so that each device operates in an optimal way. Options that do require end-user configuration are listed with simple text and selectable choices - this is great for those new to Home Automation as it makes it nice and easy to configure the device.  It also stops people messing with options that they don't fully understand that can have an adverse effect on how the device works!"

Can you confirm (the OP) this?

What does that parameter screen look like for a non-devolo device?

You can find the expert settings under default device settings.   For Advanced parameters, use the following reference: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.