Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heating and AC Panels

Momos

Question

Hi,

I am struggling to understand how the heating panel works together / or not with the AC panel.

The setup is like this:

In the same room there are: 2 Danfoss radiator valves LC13, 1 Room Thermostat Danfoss RS, AC controlled by a Remotec ZXT-120.

During the winter I have "moved" the 4 Remotec icons to a dummy room as AC was starting on heating whenever the heating panel demanded to turn up the heat and I wanted to heat the room only using the radiators.

Now it is getting warm outside and I will soon need to cool down the room. So what I did is I moved back the Remotec controls to the room, set the main temperature sensor the Danfoss RS, set up the AC panel and I hoped I will start to cool down the room by turning the AC on cooling. No dice... Radiator thermostats just followed the heating schedule and AC turned on heating.

So I disabled the heating panel and left only the cooling panel. Still no dice, AC does not turn on cooling. 

So I guess my question is: how are these panels supposed to be set if I got all of the above devices in the same room but during winter I want to heat only with the radiators and during summer to cool with the AC?

Thank you

PS: or is there a bug and the Remotecs are integrated in the heating panel but not in the cooling panel ?!

Would be great if someone from Fibaro could shed some light on this.

Hi,

I am struggling to understand how the heating panel works together / or not with the AC panel.

The setup is like this:

In the same room there are: 2 Danfoss radiator valves LC13, 1 Room Thermostat Danfoss RS, AC controlled by a Remotec ZXT-120.

During the winter I have "moved" the 4 Remotec icons to a dummy room as AC was starting on heating whenever the heating panel demanded to turn up the heat and I wanted to heat the room only using the radiators.

Now it is getting warm outside and I will soon need to cool down the room. So what I did is I moved back the Remotec controls to the room, set the main temperature sensor the Danfoss RS, set up the AC panel and I hoped I will start to cool down the room by turning the AC on cooling. No dice... Radiator thermostats just followed the heating schedule and AC turned on heating.

So I disabled the heating panel and left only the cooling panel. Still no dice, AC does not turn on cooling. 

So I guess my question is: how are these panels supposed to be set if I got all of the above devices in the same room but during winter I want to heat only with the radiators and during summer to cool with the AC?

Thank you

PS: or is there a bug and the Remotecs are integrated in the heating panel but not in the cooling panel ?!

Would be great if someone from Fibaro could shed some light on this.

Hello,

Do you have any linked devices to any of the rooms? And is it possible that one device is linked to both rooms?

• Inquirer
  • No linked devices. Clean.  You can not link a device to a panel, you link the room which contains all the devices.

No linked devices. Clean.  You can not link a device to a panel, you link the room which contains all the devices.

Hello,

I apologize, that was what I meant. I edited my post so there will be no confusion.

Then, please add the new linked devices to rooms and select sensors and actors in advanced settings.

• Inquirer
  • Hmm maybe there is some confusion here.

I did not create any linked device though linked devices panel.   It is anyhow impossible to create linked devices using Danfoss RS, Danfoss LC13 or Remotec ZXT-120.

Linked Device Panel is strictly for actuators like Fibaro Relay, Wall plug etc.

What I Have is a room with 2 Danfoss LC13, 1 Danfoss RS and 1 ZXT-120.

The Danfoss RS is the main Temperature sensor in the room.  The ZXT-120 is controlling an LG AC Unit. (this LG can heat or cool depending on the selected function)

What I did is to configure a Heating Panel and an AC Panel for that room. 

But during winter the Heating Panel would turn on both the LC13 and the Air Conditioner (on heating).  I would like the heating panel to ONLY turn on the LC13, not the air conditioner also...

Now when it is warm outside the AC Panel should turn on the Air Conditioner through the ZXT-120. But it doesn't.   The AC turns on but on heating, not cooling mode.

How are these panels supposed to work with a room setup like mine ?

• Inquirer
  • Nobody knows how these panels are supposed to work ?

• Inquirer
  • @

Please login or register to see this link.

, you need any more information from my side ? I'll gladly supply it to find out how it is supposed to work.  Should be a simple answer right ?

Thank you

@Momos,

I am facing similar challenge to get ZXT-120 to automatic control the room temperature via the 'AC Panel'. If my input is making things confusing, please let me know and I can start a separate thread.

@T.Konopka,

I think what Momos meant may be similar to mine (at least the air conditioner part via ZXT-120).

To better illustrate the issue, here is my 'Study' room settings & ZXT-120 devices:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Here is my 'AC Panel' setting for zone 'RmStudy':

Apparently, the 'AC Panel' setting does nothing to automatically control the temperature based on time of the day, when the air-conditioner is on. Or is it because we are using the 'AC Panel' incorrectly? Is there documentation or knowledge base article on how to use the AC Panel and how to associate the zone to particular z-wave device such as ZXT-120?

Hello,

As I understand your heating panel works properly with Danfoss valves. Danfoss valves may work as completely separate devices. They will receive a parameter and they will set the temp a user wants. They do not even need the temperature sensor as they have one included in each of them. You simply put these devices into the room, set the schedule in the heating panel and link it to the room.

When it comes to ZXT-120 and cooling, this device does not work within climate schedules - it does not receive parameters from the panels. You can set ZXT's parameters/actions directly in the device. In your case, these parameters/actions may have not been set properly as the ZXT-120 controls the AC. Please, check what ZXT sends to AC.

If you want you should be able to create scenes to control heating and cooling. You would be able to include these devices into the scenes.

Hello,

As I understand your heating panel works properly with Danfoss valves. Danfoss valves may work as completely separate devices. They will receive a parameter and they will set the temp a user wants. They do not even need the temperature sensor as they have one included in each of them. You simply put these devices into the room, set the schedule in the heating panel and link it to the room.

When it comes to ZXT-120 and cooling, this device does not work within climate schedules - it does not receive parameters from the panels. You can set ZXT's parameters/actions directly in the device. In your case, these parameters/actions may have not been set properly as the ZXT-120 controls the AC. Please, check what ZXT sends to AC.

If you want you should be able to create scenes to control heating and cooling. You would be able to include these devices into the scenes.

Is it correct to interpret that the 'AC Panel' only controls the temperature and hence it will request the ZXT-120 to send only a 'temperature' command to the AC?

• Inquirer
  • It is strange because like i said, the heating panel will also start the AC on heating mode through ZXT-120 so it does send commands to the ZXT-120.  But when it comes to cooling, the AC panel does nothing.

It is strange because like i said, the heating panel will also start the AC on heating mode through ZXT-120 so it does send commands to the ZXT-120.  But when it comes to cooling, the AC panel does nothing.

Hello,

After consulting the engineers, we came up with a possible solution to your situation. Danfoss valves work directly with heating panels, so you may not need the thermostat at all. You simply create a plan, link it to the specific room where your valves are installed. It should work without any hiccups. Note that valves have to be properly included into your network.

When it comes to ZXT and AC. There is definitely a confusion between panel, ZXT and AC. At the moment, we are not sure which causes the confusion. Can you try to create a block scene that will control the AC via ZXT? And see if the AC will be properly controlled by ZXT.

When it comes to ZXT and AC. There is definitely a confusion between panel, ZXT and AC. At the moment, we are not sure which causes the confusion. Can you try to create a block scene that will control the AC via ZXT? And see if the AC will be properly controlled by ZXT.

While the response may be for Momos, I think this part on AC Panel, ZXT and AC does apply to the situation I face as well. Probably will find time this weekend to test out with scenes. Does it need to be 'Block' or 'LUA' or either will do?

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

After consulting the engineers, we came up with a possible solution to your situation. Danfoss valves work directly with heating panels, so you may not need the thermostat at all. You simply create a plan, link it to the specific room where your valves are installed. It should work without any hiccups. Note that valves have to be properly included into your network.

1. For the heating panel yes I could not use the room sensor and the Danfoss valves will work just fine.. but it is better to monitor room temp in a spot where you need it (like a bed) instead at the radiators. But again, it can work without the room sensor also. Problem is any change in the heating schedule also turns on the AC unit through ZXT - on heating mode. It should leave the AC alone and not start it.

2. I did make a lua scene and I can control the temp in a room just fine with my AC through ZXT. And that is for all my ZXT's. SO the ZXT can control my ac just fine - temperature set, fan set, mode set - all working fine.

But through AC panel is does not work.

Looks to me as a clear sign that the ZXT is not integrated in the AC panel, same way as the Danfoss Room Sensor is not integrated in the heating panel - you can not switch to manual mode from it

1. For the heating panel yes I could not use the room sensor and the Danfoss valves will work just fine.. but it is better to monitor room temp in a spot where you need it (like a bed) instead at the radiators. But again, it can work without the room sensor also. Problem is any change in the heating schedule also turns on the AC unit through ZXT - on heating mode. It should leave the AC alone and not start it.

2. I did make a lua scene and I can control the temp in a room just fine with my AC through ZXT. And that is for all my ZXT's. SO the ZXT can control my ac just fine - temperature set, fan set, mode set - all working fine.

But through AC panel is does not work.

Looks to me as a clear sign that the ZXT is not integrated in the AC panel, same way as the Danfoss Room Sensor is not integrated in the heating panel - you can not switch to manual mode from it

Hello Momos,

You have created the lua scenes with zxt-120 to control Ac. Can you please tell me how you make the lua code or can you share your code here .?

it will be very grateful. As i am not expert in lua coding. There is no options in block scenes for zxt-120. Only temperature sensor is there in block scene from axt 120.

Thankyou

• Inquirer
  • My scene is more complex but i made a short version with some explanations and a picture to see how my ZXT devices are named. Hope it helps

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please login or register to see this code.

My scene is more complex but i made a short version with some explanations and a picture to see how my ZXT devices are named. Hope it helps

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please login or register to see this code.

Thankyou Momos. I hope it will help me.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

(((os.date("%H:%M") >= "07:00" and os.date("%H:%M") <= "09:00") 

or (os.date("%H:%M") >= "16:00" and os.date("%H:%M") <= "22:00")) => Is this the time from start to stop ? please tell me what is it representing so that i can change it .

Thankyou Momos. I hope it will help me.

(((os.date("%H:%M") >= "07:00" and os.date("%H:%M") <= "09:00") 

or (os.date("%H:%M") >= "16:00" and os.date("%H:%M") <= "22:00")) => Is this the time from start to stop ? please tell me what is it representing so that i can change it .

It stands for the time range to perform the rest of the checks (temperature and state of aircon) and controls (switch on/off, etc).

It stands for the time range to perform the rest of the checks (temperature and state of aircon) and controls (switch on/off, etc).

Ok. this is the code for one sensor. If i want to run two ac devices then what changes will be done ? Only create variables and make more conditions with respect to new variables ?

• Inquirer
  • Ok. this is the code for one sensor. If i want to run two ac devices then what changes will be done ? Only create variables and make more conditions with respect to new variables ?

Only change all the ID's.  Presuming you have 2 ZXT's.  Copy everything from the first "local" to the end of the IF statement and change ID's.

To control 2 AC of the same brand/model with the same ZXT you dont have to change anything. Just make sure they both have line of sight with the ZXT.

Only change all the ID's.  Presuming you have 2 ZXT's.  Copy everything from the first "local" to the end of the IF statement and change ID's.

To control 2 AC of the same brand/model with the same ZXT you dont have to change anything. Just make sure they both have line of sight with the ZXT.

Really appreciated your help Momos.

This should be done in the same scene or should i make another scene and copy all that program and change the ids ( For different branding) ?

Also if i want to run the devices only with temperature changings then i remove the Time statements ?