Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Smart Dimmer 6 Gen 5

jpfernandez

Question

Has anyone added an Aeotec Smart Dimmer 6 Gen 5 ?? when I add it using the mobile interface it says that the process has failed but when I check on the web interface it shows the device added several times.

Its working but its weird

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Fibaro, it is indeed time to support this device. It is in no way a competitor of your own wallplug as you are not offering a dimmer variant of the Fibaro Wall Plug, so please add support for our customers. We get complaints about device support on the Fibaro Home Center(s).

Has anyone added an Aeotec Smart Dimmer 6 Gen 5 ?? when I add it using the mobile interface it says that the process has failed but when I check on the web interface it shows the device added several times.

Did you get this to work properly ?  i have the same "screenshot" as you    -    anyone that could help with what parameters i should set manually ?

Hello,

What happens when you delete one of the Dimmers? Do you lose the device from your network?

same problem here. I bought dimmer 6 last week. same screenshot as topic starter.

Does someone know how to fix this problem?

Also problem with dimming to "off". At the lowest setting the light keeps turned on.

update:

I've tried another regular 40W bulb instead of led. Unfortunately the dimming issue still exists.

I included and excluded device multiple times. Doesn't help. Soft reconfigure fails while running.

Edited by fibaro1258

Dnia 30.10.2016 o 21:38, shadi napisał:

anyone got this solved?

Hello,

What exactly? The multiple adding?

Did you include the device via your mobile as well?

35 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

What exactly? The multiple adding?

Did you include the device via your mobile as well?

the adding of the device in HC2 is not working as described in the main Post

18 godzin temu, shadi napisał:

the adding of the device in HC2 is not working as described in the main Post

Hello,

The first post clearly states that a user used mobile interface to add the device:

Dnia 8.06.2016 o 01:57, jpfernandez napisał:

when I add it using the mobile interface it says that the process has failed

@shadi, what exactly happens when you try to add the device to the system? Do you get any error message in the box at the top of the page? Does the device add to the system and it is multiplied? Or does it not add at all?

You have to be more precise when you report something. Saying "it is not working" does not give us any information at all.

1 hour ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

The first post clearly states that a user used mobile interface to add the device:

@shadi, what exactly happens when you try to add the device to the system? Do you get any error message in the box at the top of the page? Does the device add to the system and it is multiplied? Or does it not add at all?

You have to be more precise when you report something. Saying "it is not working" does not give us any information at all.

Same problem here - included/excluded the dimmer several times, did reconfigs ... still shows a "Not configured"

Cheers

awlieser

Same problem here.

Included, excluded several times.. still eight devises instead of one.

Dear Fibaro,

Here the same problem. The device remains "not configured" 
This disables the device to be used in scenes.

I have a HC lite running 4.1

Hopefully someone can help.

Same problem on 4.104. New device. Added. No errors and 8 devices showing. I used the web interface. This clearly shows there are more then the expected Master, Slave, Amps and Voltage devices

Edited by markdyer
Add Photo

Same problem here.

Note - The Aeotec dimmer 6 works perfect with Fibaro's mobile App.

Fibaro please fix the issue.

Hello,

The issue has been reported some time ago. Apparently, there is an issue with the device itself. It seems that the device's endpoints are shown like this in our system because the device provides such information. Moreover, it may be shown as not-configured if the device has a class that was implemented by the manufacturer and it is not compatible with classes operated by our gateway or it was implemented improperly.

Our dev team will check this.

Thank you all for contribution in the topic.

Hi Fibaro

According to Aeotec it may take up to 2 months before you have the given time to look at the problem?

Is it correctly understood?

On 12/17/2016 at 1:32 AM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

The issue has been reported some time ago. Apparently, there is an issue with the device itself. It seems that the device's endpoints are shown like this in our system because the device provides such information. Moreover, it may be shown as not-configured if the device has a class that was implemented by the manufacturer and it is not compatible with classes operated by our gateway or it was implemented improperly.

Our dev team will check this.

Thank you all for contribution in the topic.

This might be useful..

Please login or register to see this link.

Would love this problem fixed

Same here, just got mine a few minutes ago and stil acting the same as posted above on 4,110