Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Put roller shutter in learning mode

savage

Question

I need to re-include all my devices because of an upgrade to version 4.

However, for the roller shutters (v1) I cannot access the module itself because it is built inside a wall.

For most of the roller shutters I was easily able to include it by clicking three times on the S1 button, but for two that does not seem to put the module into learning mode.

Are there any tips/ideas on how I can put the module into inclusion mode?

6 answers to this question

Sometime helps to cut the power off the Roller schutter module. Set the HC2 in learning mode en turn power on the module. 

• Inquirer
  • Thanks. In the end even that didn't work.

What did work was to try it another 20 times. After a lot of attempts the device started to exclude. After that the inclusion was very quick.

Hi savage,

I seem to have the same issue. Maybe you can help me with this one.

After a Recovery procedure all modules are "gone" in the HC2 system. I could include all new modules I recently bought, but I fail completely with ALL old modules, roller shutter FGR211 and relay switch FGS211.

I tried many times with mains off prior and also without switching them off prior clicking 3 times on "B". Nothing happens. It seems like HC2 does not receive any inclusion/learning signal from the modules.

You write, you could "exclude" the modules after many attempts. Does that mean, they were still shown in the system? If so, the situation is different from mine.

As they are not shown in the system, I can not exclude them as there is nothing to exclude...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards!

• Inquirer
  • My situation is indeed probably a bit different as part of the roller shutters were on a slave device.

However, I don't believe that would make a difference.

Below some tips that might help. I did them all, so I'm not completely sure which made the difference:

- I could not access the actual modules myself. But by using a screwdriver I could more easily connect the wires.

- Put the HC very close to the module for exclusion (inclusion worked well after that in the network)

- change the "momentary and toggle" (parameter 14) after going back to v3. And then try to exclude. Include in v4 will be easier after that.

- Turn off the power before putting the module in learning mode.

Good luck!

Hi Savage,

thanks for the quick reply! Before I try please clarify the following for me:

What do you mean when you say "by using a screwdriver I could more easily connect the wires"? I understand you could not access the modules. Where would you connect the wires? I seem to have MY wires crossed

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

As I do NOT have the modules shown in the HC I can not access the parameters and change them nor can I exclude it if it's not there, right? Or am I thinking wrong here?

"Turn off the power before putting the module in learning mode" - you are saying, turn off the power and then on again before putting the module in learning mode - or is it possible to do this without power on?

My questions must sound stupid, sorry.

Thanks for your help!

For the modules that were included before and were not excluded with normal procedure, first you have to reset them. Reset procedure is described on instruction leaflet included with them in package. Usually reset is done by pressing B button for 3 seconds while module is powered on. After reseting you have to remove power, put HC in learning mode and then put the power back to the module and it should be included without need to press B button three times. Of course if they are too far from controller then inclusion can fail.