Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Inclusion not possible after recovery

Freebird

Question

Hi everyone!

I had to do a system recovery after HomeCenter2 halted all operation completely (reboots etc. did not help).

Now the system has lost knowledge of all moduls in the house.

I tried to reset the moduls as explained in the user guide I found online on fibaro pages (e.g. press B-button 14sec). No success.
I tried to exclude/include the moduls by pressing B 3x quickly while system is in learning mode. No success.
I tried to cut power prior and put it back on prior to trying above steps. No success.

What do I have to do to include the moduls (dimmers, roller shutters, relay switches)? They are from 2009 as the previous owner of the house told me (maybe the functions were different than of today's versions?).

All the NEW moduls I bought these weeks can be included without problems.
So it seems to be a problem with the fact, that the older moduls kind of HAVE a setup/inclusion stored in their memory(?)

Any ideas? Thank you so much!

Frank

6 answers to this question

Hi,

for resetting modules you need:

a) Have direct z-wave range, so move hc2 closer to the modules.

b) press b button and then power them up - this will reset older modules.

As far as I noticed after I had problem with deleted modules, for relays procedure is as follows:

1) Turn on power to the relay module

2) Press B button for 3 or more sec

3) Turn off power to the relay module

4) set HC in learning mode

5) turn on power to the relay module and it will be automatically included to the system (no need to press B button 3 times)

For door/window sensors procedure from the instruction leaflet is ok. After sensor is reset it has to be moved near to the HC not more than half meter and must press B button quickly three times to include.

For smart plug:

1) Connect to socket

2) press B button and keep it pressed for 14 to 15 seconds until ring became yellow color.

3) release B button and press it shortly one more time and LED ring will became dark

4) Disconnect plug from socket

5) put HC to learning mode

6) Connect smart plug to socket and it will be automatically included to the system

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for your replies! I will test that as soon as I'm back home and let you know if it worked

• Inquirer
  • Ok. I have tried the above two methods with an roller shutter module. Unfortunately to no success. Does anybody have an old manual of modules of 2009 or 2010?

Please Fibaro support, help me. This is not rocket science. I just want to reset the modules in order to include them again.

What do I have to do?

Status summary:

I bought a house with a running system installed around year 2009, then one day HC2 failed and halted all operation. Only solution in the end: Recovery.

Result: HC2 is working again but the system is virgin, means, no modules shown in the Fibaro system.

If I put HC2 in learning mode and try all kinds of B button pressing, power off, power on and all kind of combinations, HC2 never shows any recognition of any module. The modules (I tried roller shutters, dimmers and relay switches) just do not seem to go into inclusion mode and make themselves visible to HC2.

However: Newly bought modules include just like that! No problems at all!

Please help!

Thank you!

Ok. I have tried the above two methods with an roller shutter module. Unfortunately to no success. Does anybody have an old manual of modules of 2009 or 2010?

Please Fibaro support, help me. This is not rocket science. I just want to reset the modules in order to include them again.

What do I have to do?

Status summary:

I bought a house with a running system installed around year 2009, then one day HC2 failed and halted all operation. Only solution in the end: Recovery.

Result: HC2 is working again but the system is virgin, means, no modules shown in the Fibaro system.

If I put HC2 in learning mode and try all kinds of B button pressing, power off, power on and all kind of combinations, HC2 never shows any recognition of any module. The modules (I tried roller shutters, dimmers and relay switches) just do not seem to go into inclusion mode and make themselves visible to HC2.

However: Newly bought modules include just like that! No problems at all!

Please help!

Thank you!

Hello,

Please, contact our support. Remember to describe the issue thoroughly. Gather information about the devices you want to include (version of models, software, etc.), anything will be helpful.

Hello,

Please, contact our support. Remember to describe the issue thoroughly. Gather information about the devices you want to include (version of models, software, etc.), anything will be helpful.

The Same Problems for me with FGS-222 module....